January Transfer Window (4 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

No.... exactly what the replies to this say....
Seems strange from the efl when they wouldn't let Jagielka re-sign when his short term contract expired.

They don't even need this line of argument. Just say it provides immediate funds to Derby so there's nothing wrong with it. Maybe pay Arsenal some of the £8 million still owed for Bialik perhaps

shepardo01

They don't even need this line of argument. Just say it provides immediate funds to Derby so there's nothing wrong with it. Maybe pay Arsenal some of the £8 million still owed for Bialik perhaps
So allow the sale, but not the loan back.
See my tweet earlier from Durham about Beilik, then this now. They are still reaping benefits from cheating the system.

Grendel

So allow the sale, but not the loan back.
See my tweet earlier from Durham about Beilik, then this now. They are still reaping benefits from cheating the system.

The Maddison comment is correct

Brighton Sky Blue

That people are arguing this is ok is startling. We've cut loads of costs from our august squad, are desperately short in AM and have been bringing in over budget all season.

Fucking Stockholm syndrome.

Record season ticket sales
Matchday averages several thousand above what was forecast
Six figure sum received for a youth player

Yet still we're having to move out a series of players to bring one in on a free. This team is tantalisingly close to being able to trash the better sides in the division but the owners' view is the same regardless of league status or position. They aren't fit for purpose in this league.

Grendel

What was not unknown G?

Maddison was forced out the club as we were crashing into a transfer embargo and we negotiated an agreement to loan him back

Briles

That people are arguing this is ok is startling. We've cut loads of costs from our august squad, are desperately short in AM and have been bringing in over budget all season.

Fucking Stockholm syndrome.

What was our budget?

shepardo01

Maddison was forced out the club as we were crashing into a transfer embargo and we negotiated an agreement to loan him back
Was he forced, or was the offer too good to turn down??
Never heard anything regarding us "crashing into a transfer embargo"...but can understand that the few mil could well have staved something of the like off. But again, haver never heard anything related to that.

Grendel

We’re we in administration?

thats irrelevant. The administrators have to construct the best deal for the creditors and if that’s a fee with loan back that’s that

Grendel

Was he forced, or was the offer too good to turn down??
Never heard anything regarding us "crashing into a transfer embargo"...but can understand that the few mil could well have staved something of the like off. But again, haver never heard anything related to that.

Yea he was forced we were over the wage limit and we had to sell - he didn’t even want to go there at the time - this is a cast iron fact

Grendel

No you're just entirely content with how things are which is just beyond strange.

many in tbe inner circle are

Brighton Sky Blue

Be another conversation for next season won’t it?

It's not wrong though is it Pete. The model used to be bring in young players, sell at a big profit and reinvest. Problem is that Robins would quite like to keep the players in question and there is no more dross to get rid of to help with the wage demands of seasoned Championship players.

I mean FFS, just one loan player is now out of the question. Relegation is far more likely with these owners who won't give a toss should it happen

Sky Blue Pete

No you're just entirely content with how things are which is just beyond strange.
Based on what?
I am content we exist
That we are competing in every game in the championship
That we have progressed every season for 5 years
I’m so annoyed that with a little investment we could progress quicker
I recognise we disappeared from the championship mainly because we spent what we didn’t have and don’t want to repeat it

Tea & Busquets

Just something to post to preserve my sanity, but Arsenal have just signed 23 yr old centre half Auston Trusty from Kroenke's other club Colorado Rapids. I highly doubt that he will ever register a professional appearance for the Gunners, but as we're no strangers to an Arsenal loan..perhaps he could be our Fadz replacement? Tbf this lad is quite decent just not Prem quality. Pretty sure I saw something about the transfer just being a means to get Trusty's foot in the door in Europe. A cheeky l2b would be decent business.

Brighton Sky Blue

Based on what?
I am content we exist
That we are competing in every game in the championship
That we have progressed every season for 5 years
I’m so annoyed that with a little investment we could progress quicker
I recognise we disappeared from the championship mainly because we spent what we didn’t have and don’t want to repeat it

Well no ironically we disappeared because the owners turned off the tap and changed strategy to one of busting the stadium

Users who are viewing this thread