January transfer window (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Interesting Robins said he hoped the signing he nearly had over the line would be in the squad against Millwall. But nothing announced yesterday.

Magwitch

Nearly a fortnight until the next league game and that’s if football carry’s on. I’m not certain it will despite what Boris said yesterday.

Terry Gibson's perm

Wycombe have signed an international striker on loan from the prem Admiral Muskwe from Leicester he looks tall.

Magwitch

Along with Matty James and with a bit of apprehension I reckon Crowley will be an okay addition for us, but imo we still need a striker especially with these apparent lengthy injuries to Godden and Walker, there’s an argument we needed another striker injuries or not.

AFCCOVENTRY

Along with Matty James and with a bit of apprehension I reckon Crowley will be an okay addition for us, but imo we still need a striker especially with these apparent lengthy injuries to Godden and Walker, there’s an argument we needed another striker injuries or not.

Striker will be a priority but a tougher one to sign. Hopefully the recruitment team have something lined up.

cov donkey kick

Without knowing the budget hard to know what level of striker we can afford and how deep into joys purse Robins can plunder as max is a workhorse, but not a finisher at this level as we have all seen, I'm not knocking max just having watched his level of performances and my eyes tell me he's not a natural finisher he lays the ball off well links play and does every else, but not put the ball in the net.

SleepyGinger

You’d of thought any striker coming in will be a loan, godden is clearly robins’ man and we’ve paid a reported 1 million for Walker who needs game time to develop. Couldn’t imagine us signing another striker at their level this window.

superskyblue

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. Anybody know if there's a chance McCallum and/or Giles might be recalled by their clubs?

shmmeee

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. Anybody know if there's a chance McCallum and/or Giles might be recalled by their clubs?

You’d have thought if so it’d have happened. Especially McCallum considering we’re playing them on Saturday.

superskyblue

You’d have thought if so it’d have happened. Especially McCallum considering we’re playing them on Saturday.

Yeah you're probably right. With McCallum I guess it's a case of if Norwich get an injury or two which could happen up until deadline day. Would have thought Giles would have been recalled already if Wolves were unhappy with his playing time.

shmmeee

Yeah you're probably right. With McCallum I guess it's a case of if Norwich get an injury or two which could happen up until deadline day. Would have thought Giles would have been recalled already if Wolves were unhappy with his playing time.

Yeah TBH I sort of expected one to go back, will be interesting if we do loan James and Clarke as rumoured (or someone else in those roles) who drops out of the match day squad.

SBAndy

OK scored loads last season. Could be a freak, could be the start of his peak, who knows? But he fits the bill, is likely better than Baka and wouldn’t cost the Earth. So hop on the train!

Would you want him here beyond the end of the season? I wouldn’t. He has a few plus-points but I feel this would have worked better as a loan if possible, otherwise we’d be upgrading our 3rd best striker without good reason.

Users who are viewing this thread