January transfer window (4 Viewers)

PVA

There's no doubt that we need an attacking midfielder.

Picking two from O'Hare, Shipley and Allen is not ideal. God forbid O'Hare gets injured.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

There's no doubt that we need an attacking midfielder.

Picking two from O'Hare, Shipley and Allen is not ideal. God forbid O'Hare gets injured.

Attacking midfield is our weakest position by far. Allen and Shipley should be nowhere near the team.

I cannot see anything happening in January sadly, but in a dream world I would move the above two on and Bakayoko as well.

As others have said, in the summer we are going to need to pimp out the squad a bit more.

the rumpo kid

Striker , just been looking at plantar fascia injuries, godden will be out for ages then I bet he needs an operation, good luck Matt see you next summer .

cc84cov

Striker , just been looking at plantar fascia injuries, golden will be out for ages then I bet he needs an operation, good luck Matt see you next summer .
Just seen in his Instagram he’s done a bike challenge and beat 3 the younger lads Jodi included

robbiekeane

You sure? It would make offering a sort-after player a long contract a bit of a nonesense wouldn't it?

Fairly sure only when a club terminates the contract does the remaining contract value is paid up.
I was on the same page as you but I read in the secret footballer that it does become a negotiation. The player is like fine but you still owe me money for the rest of this contract - what are you going to pay me for it?

No idea if it's true or i misunderstood but, apparently that's why journeyman make an absolute fortune. Someone wants them off the books, they end up paying them a bit for it.

larry_david

So who are the injured players out that need to get integrated?

Godden, rose are two first teamers injured.

Jobello, hilsner!?

Yorkshire SB

As mentioned, but think a young PL U23 winger on loan would be ideal. Really think we need this sort of option given the formation change.

Magwitch

Attacking midfield is our weakest position by far. Allen and Shipley should be nowhere near the team.

I cannot see anything happening in January sadly, but in a dream world I would move the above two on and Bakayoko as

And who replaces them ? With seven subs now our squad is pretty thin don’t know how many of our youths are seriously knocking the door, I’m not saying they shouldn’t be moved on eventually but not January unless MR has ready made replacements lined up.

shmmeee

You sure? It would make offering a sort-after player a long contract a bit of a nonesense wouldn't it?

Fairly sure only when a club terminates the contract does the remaining contract value is paid up.

It makes no sense at all. Otherwise why would anyone sell when in financial trouble?

So who are the injured players out that need to get integrated?

Godden, rose are two first teamers injured.

Jobello, hilsner!?

Think he means those not fully fit yet like Walker and Dabo as well. I bet he’s hardly had a training session with his first XI yet.

Gibbo

Well if Robins ships some out he can bring some in.
who
A fair assessment, but also an obvious reality which many are still choosing to ignore.

It's been clear for some time that no new signings are likely to come in, in January.

The club won't be alone in that either.
All the clubs in our division, will be more than a little terrified by the cash flow situation. It could be the quietist transfer window ever.....

Magwitch

And who replaces them ? With seven subs now our squad is pretty thin don’t know how many of our youths are seriously knocking the door, I’m not saying they shouldn’t be moved on eventually but not January unless MR has ready made replacements lined up.
who

All the clubs in our division, will be more than a little terrified by the cash flow situation. It could be the quietist transfer window ever.....
Clubs right at the top of the division might splash some cash to try and secure a spot in the promised land but I
suspect the vast majority of of any signings will be loans.

Astute

I was on the same page as you but I read in the secret footballer that it does become a negotiation. The player is like fine but you still owe me money for the rest of this contract - what are you going to pay me for it?

No idea if it's true or i misunderstood but, apparently that's why journeyman make an absolute fortune. Someone wants them off the books, they end up paying them a bit for it.
It all depends on the new contract offered to the player. Nobody wants a pay cut. If the new contract offered is lower than the present one a sweetener can be offered if a club wants the player off the books. But a similar or better contract is a different matter. If the player is happy then all parties are happy. The previous contract is cancelled once the new one is signed.

But problems can and will arise if a player doesn't want to move or move to the highest bidder.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Replacement for Kelly is now priority
Recall Eccles for more cover

The best we can hope for is a PL loan. I think the chances of us signing a player with the experience of Kelly is unlikely, as inevitably a player of that pedigree is going to come at a cost.

Robins' only other option is to sign a free agent. But the caveat to that is, it's likely to take at least a month to get them up to speed given the amount of time they've had away of the game.

My standpoint has always been that it's unlikely we'll see a signing in January due to the lack of funds. The signing of Camp can't have helped matters either. But, I feel at this point Joy needs to provide Robins with the means to keep us in the division if there's truly nothing left in the pot as injuries could well cost us going into the second half of the season.

AFCCOVENTRY

The best we can hope for is a PL loan. I think the chances of us signing a player with the experience of Kelly is unlikely, as inevitably a player of that pedigree is going to come at a cost.

Robins' only other option is to sign a free agent. But the caveat to that is, it's likely to take at least a month to get them up to speed given the amount of time they've had away of the game.

My standpoint has always been that it's unlikely we'll see a signing in January due to the lack of funds. The signing of Camp can't have helped matters either. But, I feel at this point Joy needs to provide Robins with the means to keep us in the division if there's truly nothing left in the pot as injuries could well cost us going into the second half of the season.

Yes. I’m sure Robins and Dave will have a good business case to have some funds to replace the likes of Kelly as we have a great shot at staying in this league.

AFCCOVENTRY

Other thing is new prospective players will see we aren’t in the relegation zone and mid table is a good shot so will find it more appealing to come to us. Some issues in the summer would be be players thinking this will be a bottom 3 scrap.

Londonccfcfan

Yes. I’m sure Robins and Dave will have a good business case to have some funds to replace the likes of Kelly as we have a great shot at staying in this league.
Kelly may be back beggining of February. Fingers crossed. Which is almost 2 months.

3 months does seem a bit excessive but im no expert on geoin injurys. Think that took everyone by surprise.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Kelly may be back beggining of February. Fingers crossed. Which is almost 2 months.

3 months does seem a bit excessive but im no expert on geoin injurys. Think that took everyone by surprise.

Based on the time frame Robins gave, it's likely Kelly has a Grade 2 tear. This usually takes 2-3 months to heal.

Personally, I very much doubt he'll be back by February. Kelly isn't a particularly quick healer.

PVA

Some current free agent DMs:

Kevin Stewart - played 27 times for Hull in the Champ last season
Tom Huddlestone - released by Derby
Kieran Lee - played 28 times for Wednesday in the Champ last season, on trial at Bolton

procdoc

Some current free agent DMs:

Kevin Stewart - played 27 times for Hull in the Champ last season
Tom Huddlestone - released by Derby
Kieran Lee - played 28 times for Wednesday in the Champ last season, on trial at Bolton
There must be a reason why they are still free agents, they’re probably all past it (Huddlestone) or shite (the other two)

Hobo

I think with some clever transfer dealings in the window we can add a little more experience and quality to the squad.

Out:

Pask
Allen
Kasta
Baka
Hilsner (Loan)

In:
Camp (extend till end of the season)
Defender
Midfielder
Striker

Out:
We will be lucky to off load one of those players.

In:
Cannot see more than one coming in and I wouldn't be suprised if no one came in.

KenilworthSkyBlue

There must be a reason why they are still free agents, they’re probably all past it (Huddlestone) or shite (the other two)

Players still being unable to find clubs was always going to be an aftereffect of Covid. Clubs can't meet their wage demands and mainly due to poor agent advice, many won't want to drop them.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I think with some clever transfer dealings in the window we can add a little more experience and quality to the squad.

Out:

Pask
Allen
Kasta
Baka
Hilsner (Loan)

In:
Camp (extend till end of the season)
Defender
Midfielder
Striker

I doubt we'd extend Camp's contract until the end of the season when Marosi will be back in around a month or two. Needless waste of wages.

shmmeee

Don’t think we’ll make any permanent signings in Jan, have we ever under Robins? Maybe another loanee in midfield. If there’s some kid say in the Prem U23s with a bit of magic I’d take him.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Don’t think we’ll make any permanent signings in Jan, have we ever under Robins? Maybe another loanee in midfield. If there’s some kid say in the Prem U23s with a bit of magic I’d take him.

I doubt we will either. We've never really had the budget in the past to make permanent signings in January - with exception to a few development signings - and I certainly can't see that being any different this season for obvious reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread