James Maddison sell on clause? Bid from WEST HAM (4 Viewers)

skybluetony176

I don't know about that, he's on par with the best we've had..

Since? Really? Struggling to think of a midfielder we’ve signed since we sold him who’s better than him while he was our player. Maybe Jody on this seasons form but certainly not last season in league one.

SkyBlueCRJ

If we’d kept him we probably wouldn’t be in league two.

If we kept Wilson, Maddison, Christie, Turner, Westwood, Thomas, Keogh, Dann, Fox we would've won the Champions League!!!

You have no way of knowing we would've avoided relegation or been successful in promotion during the time he was with us - it's ridiculous to think one player can make the difference to a team game unless they're in the Messi/Ronaldo bracket. Selling players is life for lower league clubs so you can could've, should've, would've all you want but the fact of the matter is we're a player selling club - as are the majority of clubs in 2018.

Captain Dart

Maybe to stop the likes of Stoke Nicking him.
Yes that's exactly what the story said, maybe there were "overtures".... nice one for Gary anyway :angelic:

Captain Dart

Can see it being a few years when most clubs outside of the premier league are going to have to live within their means and they will have to have terms in player contracts to release them as soon as they get relegated from the premier league.
Exactly the point of FFP, but resistance to fiscal prudence is strong in some (ambitious) quarters.

RoboCCFC90

Since? Really? Struggling to think of a midfielder we’ve signed since we sold him who’s better than him while he was our player. Maybe Jody on this seasons form but certainly not last season in league one.

I quoted the wrong post, apologies Tony.. lol!

Most talented player we’ve had since relegation from the Prem.

better days

Can see it being a few years when most clubs outside of the premier league are going to have to live within their means and they will have to have terms in player contracts to release them as soon as they get relegated from the premier league.
I think you've hit the nail on the head
The players contracts in the Championship are insane compared to League 1 and the revenue it's possible to earn even if the club has a great season
The clubs are all gambling on winning promotion
As only three of them can the rest of the teams are risking everything

Nick

Administrator
I think you've hit the nail on the head
The players contracts in the Championship are insane compared to League 1 and the revenue it's possible to earn even if the club has a great season
The clubs are all gambling on winning promotion
As only three of them can the rest of the teams are risking everything

That's the thing, what happens if you have an owner that funds the losses for a couple of seasons yet they don't go up and they then decide they don't want to plough more in and want their cash back?

I'd get rid of parachute payments, it might help get rid of the yo-yo clubs and make it fairer.

It's sort of what looked to happen at Leyton Orient where they were paying players 5 figures a week.

Fergusons_Beard

If we kept Wilson, Maddison, Christie, Turner, Westwood, Thomas, Keogh, Dann, Fox we would've won the Champions League!!!

You have no way of knowing we would've avoided relegation or been successful in promotion during the time he was with us - it's ridiculous to think one player can make the difference to a team game unless they're in the Messi/Ronaldo bracket. Selling players is life for lower league clubs so you can could've, should've, would've all you want but the fact of the matter is we're a player selling club - as are the majority of clubs in 2018.

Not with that nobhead Coleman as our manager.....

He could have a FIFA icons team and got us relegated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Grendel

wingy

Well Unless they're selling two, as pritchard is off to Huddedsfield for 10-12 M in the morning.

Captain Dart

oucho

Looks like Wolves are going after him
Would Norwich sell to a rival Champ team? I heard Huddersfield were in for him which may be more plausible.

skyblue025

Norwich were under financial pressure to sell a player. Now Pritchard has gone for 12-14 million depending which news outlet you believe, I think we will be waiting for the summer before we get our windfall.

Terry Gibson's perm

That's the thing, what happens if you have an owner that funds the losses for a couple of seasons yet they don't go up and they then decide they don't want to plough more in and want their cash back?

I'd get rid of parachute payments, it might help get rid of the yo-yo clubs and make it fairer.

It's sort of what looked to happen at Leyton Orient where they were paying players 5 figures a week.

The parachute payments are ridiculous teams should be punished for being relegated not given bundles of cash.

RoboCCFC90

Norwich were under financial pressure to sell a player. Now Pritchard has gone for 12-14 million depending which news outlet you believe, I think we will be waiting for the summer before we get our windfall.

One of their local rags said they were under no pressure to sell so I am not sure that is totally correct.

Nick

Administrator
The parachute payments are ridiculous teams should be punished for being relegated not given bundles of cash.

Exactly, players should have wage clauses so if they go down their wages do as well to make it more sustainable. Maybe a buyout clause too where they can go if somebody wants to buy them which then will help the relegated team re-build.

SkyBlueCRJ

Last edited by a moderator:

RoboCCFC90

The cost of Championship football - Norwich City accounts show loss of £2.7m

Better Days posted this on the previous page. This report by their chairman basically infers that if in the event promotion is not successful this season revenue will have to be sourced from other avenues (player sales)

These accounts show the performance between 16/17, however Norwich have since sold Jacob Murphy for £12, halved their wage bill with high earners like Ruddy leaving.

A lot can change from June 17.

Users who are viewing this thread