James Maddison sell on clause? Bid from WEST HAM (3 Viewers)

BackRoomRummermill

Kieran, the chap who used to do the clubs social media, said he was really affected by the abuse he got from our fans when he left and was then loaded back.

That was Joy I think, said we had a stake in the rest of his career.

You mean SISU have a stake in his career, CCFC will just get the scraps , no way anyone can dispute that based on their record or sapping all the goodness of a football club and provide the likes of Biamou as replacements, its like selling Highland spring water and then buying Peckham springs to replace

covmark

Kieran, the chap who used to do the clubs social media, said he was really affected by the abuse he got from our fans when he left and was then loaded back.

That was Joy I think, said we had a stake in the rest of his career.
That was it. Thanks Dave. A stake in his career is obviously some decent sell ons and appearance fees.
Good luck to the lad.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BackRoomRummermill

We had all this with Daniel Sturridge in the past , CCFC got nothing exciting then to the club and indeed the club will get nothing now so stop dreaming guys.

Good luck to Madison, he knows what he is doing.

itsabuzzard

So yea he is the next Ronaldo, who actually knows if there was a sell on clause , how much and with SISU how much of it we will see. Its OK raving on about a player but unless he can benefit us there is no point for discussion in all fairness.

Why are talking about him? What are the figures? What will MR get ?
It's a bit strange not to take at least a passing interest in former players, especially home-grown ones with real talent. He was head and shoulders above most of his team mates here, and Aberdeen fans would have him back in a heartbeat. The best of luck to him.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

2 years ago, Many thought Adam Armstrong was light years ahead of him in terms of ability and development. Both huge talents.

Amazing two years later Maddisons career continues to develop exponentially(Set for a massive move this or next transfer window) and Armstrongs has stalled of late.

Calista

2 years ago, Many thought Adam Armstrong was light years ahead of him in terms of ability and development. Both huge talents.

Amazing two years later Maddisons career continues to develop exponentially(Set for a massive move this or next transfer window) and Armstrongs has stalled of late.

Nope, Maddison always had more ability but was just more lightweight. Don’t know much about what he’s done this season, but I wouldn’t be the slightest bit surprised if he ended up at a very big club.

Couldn’t believe it how some people were rubbing their hands at the money we were getting when he was sold. I was more disappointed about this sale than any for many years. Just hope we’ve got a big stake in his future, but that involves a level of trust in the owners’ judgement that I really don’t have.

Hobo

Just shows you how hard it is to pick a player. I wouldn't celebrate just yet.

SlowerThanPlatt

Armstrong has played 56 games in the Championship and scored 7 goals.

Maddison has played 27 games in Championship and scored 7 goals. His record for Norwich is very impressive indeed - in 31 games he’s scored 8 and claimed 10 assists which means he’s involved in a goal every other game

Londonccfcfan

Just shows you how hard it is to pick a player. I wouldn't celebrate just yet.

It is indeed, Armstrong was the first name in out teamsheet that year.

Really is a top bloke who loved his time here, complete opposite to Nazon.

Really don’t know what’s stalled his career this year maybe Playing in a struggling team is hindering his career.

Londonccfcfan

Armstrong has played 56 games in the Championship and scored 7 goals.

Maddison has played 27 games in Championship and scored 7 goals. His record for Norwich is very impressive indeed - in 31 games he’s scored 8 and claimed 10 assists which means he’s involved in a goal every other game

Incredible stats. Wish Armstrong all the best top player top bloke. It’s just a blip in career.

Grendel

Even more amazing a certain other loanee who received dogs abuse on here is ahead of Maddison and a premier league player now.

Grendel

It is indeed, Armstrong was the first name in out teamsheet that year.

Really is a top bloke who loved his time here, complete opposite to Nazon.

Really don’t know what’s stalled his career this year maybe Playing in a struggling team is hindering his career.

Armstrong was a flash in the pan like Misfud. He scored about 1 in his last 15 here didn’t he?

Londonccfcfan

Even more amazing a certain other loanee who received dogs abuse on here is ahead of Maddison and a premier league player now.

I wouldn’t say Jacob Murphy Is ahead. Maddison next IMMINENT move will be bigger and better.

Maddison is a bit younger and hasn’t been around as long played as many games.

But your right he’s another who’s definitely jumped ahead Adam Armstrong.

Where’s Ryan Kent?

Londonccfcfan

Armstrong was a flash in the pan like Misfud. He scored about 1 in his last 15 here didn’t he?

Bangs them in at his international age level. Started brightly at Barnsley last scored one of the goals of the month.

But I believe playing him on the Wing isn’t ideal as he has done to accommodate others. A bit like how McNulty was played on the wing earlier on occasions.

shmmeee

The whole team was shocking post January that year, Armstrong thrived in a fluid attacking side with his AMs in full flow. There wasn’t much of that about second half of the season.

SkyBlueCRJ

I wouldn’t say Jacob Murphy Is ahead. Maddison next IMMINENT move will be bigger and better.

Maddison is a bit younger and hasn’t been around as long played as many games.

But your right he’s another who’s definitely jumped ahead Adam Armstrong.

Where’s Ryan Kent?

Kent was loaned out to Bundesliga club Frieburg but barely played. He's due back at Liverpool this January after featuring only 6 times for the German club.

ajsccfc

I feel a little pride seeing Jacob Murphy doing well, even though he wasn't ours. If James Maddison and Callum Wilson are giving it loads in the Premier League at the same time soon though, proper papa bear stuff.

ZJjp4zT.gif

DADDY I'M STEALING

bawtryneal

The whole team was shocking post January that year, Armstrong thrived in a fluid attacking side with his AMs in full flow. There wasn’t much of that about second half of the season.

Because of Ryan Kent going back to Liverpool
Of all that generation, Armstrong, Murphy, Maddison etc In my opinion Kent will turn out to have the best career at the highest level.

SlowerThanPlatt

I thought Kent was the least talented by a distance. Had little to no end product whatsoever which ultimately is what he will be judged on as a wide player. Got the better of his man a lot but after that was clueless

He’s played 61 games at league level and contributed 4 goals and 4 assists

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The problem with Armstrong in the last two seasons is that he's joined two teams that both already have a really good strikeforce. Barnsley had Bradshaw, Hamill, Winnall, and also Kent funnily enough. This season he's at Bolton that have Madine, Le Fondre and a couple of other first choice players.

As many teams just play one striker now he gets given one game every blue moon to impress otherwise he's out. If he goes on loan to Blackburn it will be even harder to get in the team. Dack, Antonsson, and Graham play for them. Of all the players we had here on loan that season though, he was the best comfortably.

Everyone knows my thoughts on Murphy, and he's gone to the Premier League as he does have that special something. The problem is, he has no consistency, and it was the case here, at Norwich, and now at Newcastle. You will get a world beater one day, but then nothing for 10 games. He's peaked early and I expect him to drop off now. He won't be able to get away with it for much longer now he is at the top.

Kent was the best player I've ever seen play skill wise, but as STP has said above, he couldn't pass, shoot, or cross. The 4 assists and 4 goals in 2 and a half seasons is not a joke. His contribution is extremely poor given his ability and how many games he has played. Like Murphy, has stuggled to cut it at the top this season. I still think he can kick on, but he desperately needs some coaching.

Maddison was always one that impressed me. That goal at Crawley to keep us up in his first pro season just oozed class and confidence. Yes, he was always a bit lightweight, but that doesn't seem to be so much of a problem now. I remember my friend who's a Norwich fan messaging me to ask about Maddison and Murphy (after they signed Maddison and loaned him back), and I told him straight up the former would be the better prospect in the long term. I think that's still true.

Still, it amazes me with the four players above that we still managed to fuck up promotion that season. Look where we are now...

fernandopartridge

Armstrong's problem is that a lot of teams play with one main striker, and he's not big enough to be it. He's not very good with his back to goal and for a striker doesn't seem to get on the end of crosses that much. He's neither one thing nor the other really. Still, it's early in his career and he's got a long way to go....

Calista

I seem to remember people here licking their lips at the idea of getting £2m for him, and me pointing out that he could be sold on for 10 times that. At this rate, I’m going to be right and it makes me mad that we’re in a position where we can’t keep players like this, at least for a few seaons until their true worth is realised.

A bit surprised in the article that apparently he’s being likened to Deli All, who for me is a different sort of player – stronger, more direct and more selfish.

Londonccfcfan

I seem to remember people here licking their lips at the idea of getting £2m for him, and me pointing out that he could be sold on for 10 times that. At this rate, I’m going to be right and it makes me mad that we’re in a position where we can’t keep players like this, at least for a few seaons until their true worth is realised.

A bit surprised in the article that apparently he’s being likened to Deli All, who for me is a different sort of player – stronger, more direct and more selfish.

HE wouldn't have developed as quickly with us as he has at Norwich? Playing with a team full of Internationals and Ex Premier league players was the right move.

Users who are viewing this thread