Transfer Rumour Jake Bidwell - Confirmed (2 Viewers)

larry_david

On Dabo

“Fanky has a problem in his pelvic area which he did when he lost the ball last week (against Derby) and tried to recover and went down waving," the manager told CoventryLive.

"It’s a groin-type injury and could be up to a month. We just have to wait and see and hope that it’s not a month and we get him back a little bit quicker.”

He added: “Fanky and Maats are both injured and both similar in terms of time frame, so it’s been tough."

Have to say this is terrible man management. It was clear he'd injured himself, and he played on for another 30 mins and probably made it worse when we could have brought Reid on. Not the first time this has happened with MR

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

Remember back in the day our signings would come out of nowhere.

I guess this is just part of being a Champ club.

Londonccfcfan

On Dabo

“Fanky has a problem in his pelvic area which he did when he lost the ball last week (against Derby) and tried to recover and went down waving," the manager told CoventryLive.

"It’s a groin-type injury and could be up to a month. We just have to wait and see and hope that it’s not a month and we get him back a little bit quicker.”

He added: “Fanky and Maats are both injured and both similar in terms of time frame, so it’s been tough."

Have to say this is terrible man management. It was clear he'd injured himself, and he played on for another 30 mins and probably made it worse when we could have brought Reid on. Not the first time this has happened with MR
We have nothing t o worry about we still Maverick Da Costa, on a serious note if this deal materialises can see Da costa moving on too hopefully, hes nowhere near squad.

shmmeee

We have nothing t o worry about we still Maverick Da Costa, on a serious note if this deal materialises can see Da costa moving on too hopefully, hes nowhere near squad.

With Dabo and Maatsen out for all of the transfer window I think we’ll hold onto Dacosta for now. Whatever you think of him he’s the only reserve wing back we have really. Though you could argue that about Pask at CB and we shipped him out so maybe.

better days

With Dabo and Maatsen out for all of the transfer window I think we’ll hold onto Dacosta for now. Whatever you think of him he’s the only reserve wing back we have really. Though you could argue that about Pask at CB and we shipped him out so maybe.
Be surprised to see Dacosta back in the first team squad unless we have a huge covid outbreak or rash of injuries

Bugsy

shmmeee

Be surprised to see Dacosta back in the first team squad unless we have a huge covid outbreak or rash of injuries

Would another WB injury on top of the two we’ve got count as a rash? Or do you reckon we’d pick someone like Eccles ahead of him?

Londonccfcfan

Your right , even though its just a matter of weeks Da Costa and Shipley are only 2 back ups.

Brighton Sky Blue

It was madness keeping an injured Dabo on the pitch in a cup game just so Reid didn’t replace him. Really looks silly now.

Frostie

What would you use to asses creativity? Key Passes? Is there a stat that excludes set pieces?

Key Passes & Chances Created yeah.
You'd have to manually filter out set pieces I think.

This is one of the points I keep trying to raise when O'Hare gets stick over his final ball. Whilst yes it's not always brilliant, everything good we do usually goes through him.
Bearing in mind every other player in this list is a set piece taker I think he comes out of it pretty well.

Screenshot_20220117-161606~3.png

Brighton Sky Blue

Presumably a fully fit Reid isn't even as good as an injured Dabo in MR's eyes.

No, but Dabo out for a few weeks longer causes us problems for longer than the last 20 minutes of a cup tie we’re ultimately not bothered about

Users who are viewing this thread