Transfer Rumour Jake Bidwell - Confirmed (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

All the major positions filled now, if we count JCS who is obviously joining in the summer :p, really interested to see where we improve next as there’s no obvious position.

A successor for McF, help for O’Hare and an upgrade on Kelly I think. Plus assuming Walker is out, another Gyo-esque forward.

Sky Blue Harry H

All the major positions filled now, if we count JCS who is obviously joining in the summer :p, really interested to see where we improve next as there’s no obvious position.

Salah is better than Godden, so we can get at least one upgrade?

shmmeee

A successor for McF, help for O’Hare and an upgrade on Kelly I think. Plus assuming Walker is out, another Gyo-esque forward.

Id agree with all of that. Though I think we’ve got a few CMs in the academy and would rather one in the mould of Hamer than Sheaf/Kelly I think.

Londonccfcfan

Absolutely.

People like to moan about a lack of signings and there have been a few posts on here recently about other teams around us signing players this window while we do nothing.

But I would much rather do it the way we do - waiting for the right players to become available, carrying out the right due diligence etc - than panic buying and signing a bunch of players we don't need that we can't get rid of, leaving us no better off on the pitch and worse off financially like many teams in this division.
Love it the way we are doing proper business! no panic buying. Look at Newcastle...LOL - Chris Wood , can have all the money in the world as they do and waste it on a donkey.

TomRad85

It'll be nice to have a squad thats good enough where we can spend the budget on 2 or 3 real quality players instead of spreading it thin to get numbers in.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

Shipley could be on his way out. is he really good enough hands on heart at LWB and or Attacking Midfield? Especially as Waghorn is back.

ccfcricoh

GK - Moore/Wilson
LWB - Bidwell/Maatsen
RWB - Dabo/Kane
CB - Fadz/Rose/Hyam/JCS
CM - Sheaf/Hamer/Kelly/Eccles/Shipley
CAM - O'Hare/Allen/Jones
ST - Godden/Gyok/Waghorn/Walker

Starting to look a real squad. Would be great if we can get JCS signed up, think we are then looking at a CM and another CAM, unless Eccles is expected to step up (which i wouldn't be against!)

From the above i think we can afford to lose Walker and Shipley in this window as well if needed.

Brighton Sky Blue

GK - Moore/Wilson
LWB - Bidwell/Maatsen
RWB - Dabo/Kane
CB - Fadz/Rose/Hyam/JCS
CM - Sheaf/Hamer/Kelly/Eccles/Shipley
CAM - O'Hare/Allen/Jones
ST - Godden/Gyok/Waghorn/Walker

Starting to look a real squad. Would be great if we can get JCS signed up, think we are then looking at a CM and another CAM, unless Eccles is expected to step up (which i wouldn't be against!)

From the above i think we can afford to lose Walker and Shipley in this window as well if needed.

I am a bit concerned by going down to just 3 forwards, especially as Waghorn’s been out most of the season. Maybe we have something in mind

NorthernWisdom

I suppose if the intention is to go back to the box more regularly then 3 is enough.
There comes a time when the likes of Tavares either have to be trusted as fourth choice (which, let's face it, ain't the sexiest sales pitch on the planet is it, fourth choice forward at a middling Champiosnhip club) orthere's no real point in them hanging around either.

SkyBlueBee

Bidwell was a steady Eddy 6 or 7 out of 10 most week during his time with QPR,I would describe him as a better defender than an attacking outlet as a W/Back though imo.
When he left QPR on a free transfer he was one of the higher earners that the club could not continue to pay.

I was going to say the same thing.. a solid 7 out of 10 player at Brentford regardless of results. Not sure what his pace is like but he should have a good “football brain” on him.

As a side note if memory serves me well.. I think Moore & Bidwell were at Brentford at the same time during the League one playoff season.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I would agree other than AM, I really think we need someone in there. Might help push O´Hare a bit as well.

Users who are viewing this thread