Transfer Rumour Jake Bidwell - Confirmed (2 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

On topic tho, how can people be so sure this Bidwell acquisition is a good deal? I admire the self-confidence. We know we need a left back / left wing back, that is agreed. But that is it.

How good is he, well who knows? The chart up thread doesn't look promising. He is in effect a 'Swansea reject'. I suggest reserving our judgement is the best policy - not easy for football fans I realise.

However he does fit the profile of the successful acquisition strategy for L2 and L1, but which we abandoned for the first season in the Championship - good (hopefully) out of contract players - see Kelly, MacF (small fee?) and recently Kane.
He isn't a Swansea reject, he was a mainstay of their team which twice got to the play offs.

wingy

It appears to me as a very similar signing to Kane, very experienced at this level. I wasn’t very excited about the Kane signing, I got that very wrong.

So I’m not going to get excited about this signing either and hope it has the same effect. Think this is going to be a very good piece of business by the club though 👌

We actually have a LWB on our books who isn’t on loan, that will do for me

Do we now expect Maatsens return to Chelsea for treatment to be extended to the summer?

Blind-Faith

Two very good players battling for one position, can only be a good thing. Also means we won’t have to rely on players if they are out of form or injured or suspended.

It’s great to be able to have some squad depth 👍

Reactions: AOM

oldfiver

Well of course I’ll open my mind but I can only quote The actual evidence that is presented to companies house. It’s not even the worst of anything it’s a fact based on info? What facts do you have to say I’m wrong?

Can you point to where in the accounts you are looking?

Grendel

Grendel

Can you point to where in the accounts you are looking?

Well oddly the last available set which shows considerable high interest loans.

Grendel

You made out Shippers didn't count in your assertions yesterday. Adjusting your position to suit - cheeky!

Well of course he counts as it’s one of the payroll and one on

Grendel

Frostie said:
Yes. Pask, Jobello, Hilßner & possibly Shipley.

Grendel: Two are out of contract one going nowhere the other paid off

Well no as the one out of contract I meant in the summer is now being sold for a fee - we will save wages on the loans as well so effectively we are getting 3 off the interim payroll and signing one

Wow the hedge fund really busting a guy for a promotion bid

procdoc

Bidwell could turn out to be a very astute signing for us. 28, loads of experience playing for decent teams in this league and no transfer fee involved. If it doesn’t work out we can potentially get a fee for him. Win-win

oldfiver

Well no as the one out of contract I meant in the summer is now being sold for a fee - we will save wages on the loans as well so effectively we are getting 3 off the interim payroll and signing one

Wow the hedge fund really busting a guy for a promotion bid

You are assuming the replacement(s) will cost less than the leaver(s)

Grendel

The last accounts show interest paid of £125k ?

Deferred interst? What’s the total amount paid in and out by the club net in tbe last 3 years and what are the loans currently standing at - and what is the interst rates from the separate funds?

Grendel

You are assuming the replacement(s) will cost less than the leaver(s)

Net transfer Last three years is what from the accounts?

oldfiver

Deferred interst? What’s the total amount paid in and out by the club net in tbe last 3 years and what are the loans currently standing at - and what is the interst rates from the separate funds?

You effectively said the last accounts show the investors took out Wonga amounts of interest - which they didnt

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's amazing how you complain about stuff like this when it's the epitome of right-wing capitalist thinking and the cornerstone of what the Tories and their donors stand for.

Highly efficient investment getting the most from the funds provided and reaping a high return in the loan interest.

You should be lauding them for their astute investment acumen.

oldfiver

It's amazing how you complain about stuff like this when it's the epitome of right-wing capitalist thinking and the cornerstone of what the Tories and their donors stand for.

Highly efficient investment getting the most from the funds provided and reaping a high return in the loan interest.

If they actually reaped the reward . The accounts show the amounts accrued - accruing and getting it are 2 different things

Grendel

You effectively said the last accounts show the investors took out Wonga amounts of interest - which they didnt

No I said they charge Wonga levels of interest on their loans which then are accounted for

Grendel

Well most people on here are so guess that’s why you lose every election

Users who are viewing this thread