Transfer Rumour Jake Bidwell - Confirmed (2 Viewers)

Bugsy

Rather have O'hare than no O'hare ....PUSB

Also would like to sign jake bidwell as its a thread on the subject.

covcity4life

You neve rknow maybe Sisu are thinking we could be a prem team by may so are going to give us a tiny bit more budget in this window.

Maybe lol

Grendel

You neve rknow maybe Sisu are thinking we could be a prem team by may so are going to give us a tiny bit more budget in this window.

Maybe lol

They don’t have any money

Grendel

Do they not as overall hedge fund tho? Maybe take from somewhere else and give to us

Not actually saying it's happening just wondering if it's a possibility

We have essentially been cast aside in tbe investment portfolio and they make loans at Wonga interest rates to pay investors. They are not bothered now what league we are in as long as they can demonstrate returns to investors

covcity4life

We have essentially been cast aside in tbe investment portfolio and they make loans at Wonga interest rates to pay investors. They are not bothered now what league we are in as long as they can demonstrate returns to investors
Well hopefully we make more as a championship team than we do as a league 1. Staying in this league may have to be enough for fans till they go

Gibbo

That has always been true

Deity

They still need an exit. They do care which division we are in as it is critical to any exit and any return to investors .

kg82

From the few times I’ve seen him play I’d say he’s definitely a wing back. Remember him and Conor Roberts basically playing as wingers for them last season
Yeah, I was about to say the same. Each week it seemed like one or the other had an assist last season.

Grendel

They still need an exit. They do care which division we are in as it is critical to any exit and any return to investors .

No it really isn’t. They adjust the downs sell assets and just continue to pay investors - they don’t care it’s a cold emotionless investment portfolio that takes a zero risk policy now for returns

Gibbo

On topic tho, how can people be so sure this Bidwell acquisition is a good deal? I admire the self-confidence. We know we need a left back / left wing back, that is agreed. But that is it.

How good is he, well who knows? The chart up thread doesn't look promising. He is in effect a 'Swansea reject'. I suggest reserving our judgement is the best policy - not easy for football fans I realise.

However he does fit the profile of the successful acquisition strategy for L2 and L1, but which we abandoned for the first season in the Championship - good (hopefully) out of contract players - see Kelly, MacF (small fee?) and recently Kane.

Garryb80

On topic tho, how can people be so sure this Bidwell acquisition is a good deal? I admire the self-confidence. We know we need a left back / left wing back, that is agreed. But that is it.

How good is he, well who knows? The chart up thread doesn't look promising. He is in effect a 'Swansea reject'. I suggest reserving our judgement is the best policy - not easy for football fans I realise.

However he does fit the profile of the successful acquisition strategy for L2 and L1, but which we abandoned for the first season in the Championship - good (hopefully) out of contract players - see Kelly, MacF (small fee?) and recently Kane.
300 championship games, only out of the team due to a change or style and system. Excellent signing if it happens

NorthernWisdom

He'd be the first player in that position of first team level that we actually own ourselves for a couple of years, so that'd be progress in terms of building on this season, next. He does also have a fair amount of experience, yet is at arguably peak age as a footballer.

tbf I have no clue if he's any good or not, but the profile seems reasonable.

shmmeee

Could be another Kane looking at his career stats. Maybe just not feeling it this season at Swansea for whatever reason. Could also be another Junior Brown but that’s signings for you.

Get him and JCS in on frees and spend a similar amount to the last two summers (about £2m) and we could be interesting next season. A CB, an AM and maybe a couple of loans at ST and CM to flesh out the squad and were looking good. Assuming we don’t lose anyone.

Frostie

Bidwell has played almost exclusively as a wing-back in the last 2 seasons & whilst he's struggled a little to get to grips with the system since Russell Martin took over,I wouldn't be too worried about the numbers he's put up this season. Swansea are a team in transition & struggling to find their way (hence the league position). He put up excellent numbers last season with his crossing accuracy & creativity.

Ryan Manning is now Martin's go to at LWB but only in the last 4 or 5 games since Bidwell rejected a new contract.

Sky Blue Pete

You may find things easier to open up your mind to alternative possibilities. Assuming the worst in everything and everyone must be so tiring

Grendel

You may find things easier to open up your mind to alternative possibilities. Assuming the worst in everything and everyone must be so tiring

Well of course I’ll open my mind but I can only quote The actual evidence that is presented to companies house. It’s not even the worst of anything it’s a fact based on info? What facts do you have to say I’m wrong?

Bidwell was a steady Eddy 6 or 7 out of 10 most week during his time with QPR,I would describe him as a better defender than an attacking outlet as a W/Back though imo.
When he left QPR on a free transfer he was one of the higher earners that the club could not continue to pay.

David O'Day

Bidwell was a steady Eddy 6 or 7 out of 10 most week during his time with QPR,I would describe him as a better defender than an attacking outlet as a W/Back though imo.
When he left QPR on a free transfer he was one of the higher earners that the club could not continue to pay.

He's always been good going forward though? He was for Brentford and Swansea at least

Sky Blue Pete

Well of course I’ll open my mind but I can only quote The actual evidence that is presented to companies house. It’s not even the worst of anything it’s a fact based on info? What facts do you have to say I’m wrong?
It’s more a way of seeing things. People like better days, sky blue insider and old fiver all have information mines just an awareness I might not always have all the information and so to keep my mind open

Blind-Faith

It appears to me as a very similar signing to Kane, very experienced at this level. I wasn’t very excited about the Kane signing, I got that very wrong.

So I’m not going to get excited about this signing either and hope it has the same effect. Think this is going to be a very good piece of business by the club though 👌

We actually have a LWB on our books who isn’t on loan, that will do for me

Users who are viewing this thread