Israel - Palestinian Conflict (5 Viewers)

Como

Depressing that all the attention is now on wet lettuce Hoyle rather than any consensus Parliament might have on what’s going on. Why does nothing get done in this country anymore?

Politicians would rather pontificated on subjects that are of no relevance to them and which they have no control over rather than deal with the real issues that are. You get what you vote for.

Brighton Sky Blue

Politicians would rather pontificated on subjects that are of no relevance to them and which they have no control over rather than deal with the real issues that are. You get what you vote for.
I didn’t vote for this government.

skybluetony176

I see Israel is threatening to pull out of the Eurovision Song Contest after the lyrics to their song were leaked. It sounds like it’s a party political broadcast for the kill all Palestinians party and there’s a political storm brewing over it.

CovInEssex

I see Israel is threatening to pull out of the Eurovision Song Contest after the lyrics to their song were leaked. It sounds like it’s a party political broadcast for the kill all Palestinians party and there’s a political storm brewing over it.

Interestingly, I saw Eurovision may kick Israel out for political lyrics. Not sure which orifice you've pulled that from regarding the lyrics:

In their report, the paper says the song is performed mostly in English. But the final three lines are in Hebrew and describe the feelings of Israeli civilians during the Hamas attack on October 7.

“There’s no air left to breathe / No place, no me from day to day.”

The “moving and powerful ballad” ends with a softer voice saying, “They were all good children, each one of them.”

Israel Hayom says the English-language verses include these lines:

“Evening/Everything is black and white/Who is the fool/ Who told you boys don’t cry/Hours and hours/ and flowers/Life is not a game for the cowards…/While time goes by/Every day/I’m losing my mind/Holding on.”

That the song references flowers is significant. That’s a slang term that references fallen soldiers from the IDF.

The Israeli broadcaster has made it clear that it will not amend the song to comply with the EBU’s rules. That means it will forgo its chance to participate in the contest, essentially disqualifying itself.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Could never understand why Israel and Austrailia were even in Eurovision? What continent is Israel in anyway?

wingy

The BBC finally gets it head of it's arse to explain the effect on Bidens election difficulties of "IT",join the fucking dots you retards!!

clint van damme

Probably TBH. He expressed a common theory in Muslim communities, and certainly nothing close to as bad as Galloway has. So what’s been achieved?

He expressed a theory that has been in the MSM in Israel in various guises.
I think it was followed up with some blatant antisemitic rhetoric which was the issue.

shmmeee

He expressed a theory that has been in the MSM in Israel in various guises.
I think it was followed up with some blatant antisemitic rhetoric which was the issue.

Ive not seen that. Just reading the reports it says it was the “they knew” theory (which wasn’t uncommon as you say) and then after being called out for that a recording saying he’s getting shot from various people including the Jewish community. Again seems right.

But when you’re choosing George bloody Galloway instead the bar should really be a little higher. Which is I imagine why initially Labour didn’t withdraw support.

clint van damme

Ive not seen that. Just reading the reports it says it was the “they knew” theory (which wasn’t uncommon as you say) and then after being called out for that a recording saying he’s getting shot from various people including the Jewish community. Again seems right.

But when you’re choosing George bloody Galloway instead the bar should really be a little higher. Which is I imagine why initially Labour didn’t withdraw support.

Not one to defend Starmer but I don't see what other option he had.
Looking at it from a purely strategic point of view if they'd stood by Ali and his comments came out, or if it came out he'd known about them, it would have been far worse.

shmmeee

Not one to defend Starmer but I don't see what other option he had.
Looking at it from a purely strategic point of view if they'd stood by Ali and his comments came out, or if it came out he'd known about them, it would have been far worse.

It was the right thing from a Labour POV. Just not sure as a society we’ve got it right when we choose Galloway instead. Perhaps be careful what you wish for if you want to exclude mild anti Jewish sentiment, you might end up will full on cat dressing autocrat sucking antisemitic mentalists.

Brighton Sky Blue

It was the right thing from a Labour POV. Just not sure as a society we’ve got it right when we choose Galloway instead. Perhaps be careful what you wish for if you want to exclude mild anti Jewish sentiment, you might end up will full on cat dressing autocrat sucking antisemitic mentalists.
I mean Galloway almost certainly won’t be re-elected. At least I hope not.

clint van damme

Is Galloway antisemitic?
I'm not saying he's not, just I ve seen nothing from him, it may be out there.

I'm more concerned by his hard on for Putin and the common ground he has with anyone on the far right who also have a hard on for him.

hamertime

Galloway serves himself, nobody else. It beggars belief.

People have voted for him based on his views about a conflict not in this country.

This says to me those voters couldn’t care less about their own Constituency or country. They have chosen someone not to help their community here, but someone to be a mouthpiece for the conflict they believe in. Anyone think that’s not a problem?

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

Probably TBH. He expressed a common theory in Muslim communities, and certainly nothing close to as bad as Galloway has. So what’s been achieved?
Agree with you, the theory was widely reported by all of the mainstream media as well so Labour could have defended it better imo.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread