Ipswich trouble (2 Viewers)

olderskyblue

Was he genuinely oblivious to this?

yes. Tbh, never searched for stuff like that before. I saw it happen at Arsenal or Spurs a few years ago and wondered if was just a thing with our club.

skyblue1991

Everybody is saying that only ST holders got tickets but my son and his mate both got in with tickets y'day and neither have an ST or got any form of membership. I need to find out how he managed that !

I thought it went to general sale?

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

I bet it’s the same people apologising for this behaviour that get their knickers in a twist when police treat football fans like animals.

Irish Sky Blue

I went to the toilet on the way out after the game yesterday. That particular one was fine and, considering it was the end of the game, was pretty clean. Doesn't mean others weren’t vandalised I suppose.
I was thinking yesterday about the stewards, and wondering why anyone would want to do that thankless task, particularly if assigned to the away section. It used to be that the stewards at games could help people find their seats and then watch the game. Sad that now they have to watch the crowd and take abuse from the dregs of society.

Qwerty70

You think yesterday was bad, wait for Blackpool!
Three times as many tickets and ‘.........’ (insert own word) will no doubt be out in full force. I like a drink pre match but seriously some fans have too much and clearly watch Green Street on repeat!
We have a brilliant set of away fans but since the drop into league 1/2 the % of ‘.......’ has risen and they do our club no credit.
This thread won’t change anything, in the world of some smashing a sink is clever!

David O'Day

not sure but I've had this argument before.
Every bit of shithousery that goes on with our support goes on at every other club.
Vandalism, drinking, drug taking, pyro. Not excusing it but to make out we've got a bigger problem with any of the aforementioned than other clubs is daft to be honest.
I'm just amazed that people seriously think this a cov thing.

David O'Day

You think yesterday was bad, wait for Blackpool!
Three times as many tickets and ‘.........’ (insert own word) will no doubt be out in full force. I like a drink pre match but seriously some fans have too much and clearly watch Green Street on repeat!
We have a brilliant set of away fans but since the drop into league 1/2 the % of ‘.......’ has risen and they do our club no credit.
This thread won’t change anything, in the world of some smashing a sink is clever!
See another who seems to think it's a covthing

DannyThomas_1981

See another who seems to think it's a covthing

Mate. Most clubs I'm sure have some morons who think it's ok to ruin a day out for others through anti-social behaviour and complete disrespect for others. I get that. But surely you're not defending or condoning the morons in our support who do this on the basis 'that other clubs have similar morons'?

It's always tiring to hear any defence of hooliganism on the basis of 'others are like that, the stewards over reacted etc.'

Most reasonable people (applies to 99% of our fans) can go to a match, behave with respect and enjoy the day without resorting to ruining our reputation or behaving in a way that prevents others from enjoying an afternoon at the football. And guess what 99% of our fans surprisingly avoid being kicked out or arrested. Why defend the moronic 1% by saying it's 'ok as other clubs have these types of fans'? I don't get it but maybe I'm not understanding your messaging on this - so my apologies if that's the case David.

Last edited:

David O'Day

Mate. Most clubs I'm sure have some morons who think it's ok to ruin a day out for others through anti-social behaviour and complete disrespect for others. I get that. But surely you're not defending or condoning the morons in our support who do this on the basis 'that other clubs have similar morons'?

It's always tiring to hear any defence of hooliganism on the basis of 'others are like that, the stewards over reacted etc.'

Most reasonable people (applies to 99% of our fans) can go to a match, behave with respect and enjoy the day without resorting to ruining our reputation or behaving in a way that prevents others from enjoying an afternoon at the football. And guess what 99% of our fans surprisingly avoid being kicked out or arrested. Why defend the moronic 1% by saying it's 'ok as other clubs have these types of fans'? I don't get it but maybe I'm not understanding your messaging on this - so my apologies if that's the case David.

If you'd actually read what I have said I have called it stupid. It just annoys me when act like we are some how worse than other people.

DannyThomas_1981

If you'd actually read what I have said I have called it stupid. It just annoys me when act like we are some how worse than other people.

Seriously who cares if Millwall has a bigger issue than we do or if let's say Brighton has fewer arrests than we do.

No one wants to see these morons associated with our club and ruining a day out for others - end of story.

harvey098

I knew it was a matter of time before they got chucked out, how they lasted thirty minutes god knows.
They were in a group of between 8-10 who all looked liked they were on something, they were at the train station later, thought seriously about it but I was on my own, in my early years I would have, but not taking on 10 coke heads at my time of life, it's not my fault their parents have seriously fucked up and brought up Neanderthals.

9?

derbyskyblue

I guess I'm just not very observant. Go to pretty much all away games, and make frequent visits to the facilities (bladder not what it used to be, it's a worrying sign), but have not once seen a smashed up toilet. Not ever. Since when is this the norm? Must be me.
I think you need to go to the doctors and ask for a PSA test.

David O'Day

Seriously who cares if Millwall has a bigger issue than we do or if let's say Brighton has fewer arrests than we do.

No one wants to see these morons associated with our club and ruining a day out for others - end of story.
Once again you're changing the point of the conversation. Nowhere have I defended the smashing up of toilets at away games.

clint van damme

Once again you're changing the point of the conversation. Nowhere have I defended the smashing up of toilets at away games.

I think the problem is Kieranp96 used the term normal to describe smashing up toilets when it was clear that what he was alluding to was it happens regularly and isn't unique to City.

However, some people have got it in their heads that people are defending the smashing of toilets when quite clearly no one is.

Kieranp96

I think the problem is Kieranp96 used the term normal to describe smashing up toilets when it was clear that what he was alluding to was it happens regularly and isn't unique to City.

However, some people have got it in their heads that people are defending the smashing of toilets when quite clearly no one is.
Im not the brightest spark,I always misword things when I am trying to say otherwise. I tried explaining myself that I don't agree and that it happens everywhere.

clint van damme

Im not the brightest spark,I always misword things when I am trying to say otherwise. I tried explaining myself that I don't agree and that it happens everywhere.

I knew what you meant and you later clarified by saying you don't find it acceptable. No one defended the people that smashed the toilets.

The Great Eastern

Just spoke to my son about getting tickets for the Ipswich game. He bought at 9am last Friday despite giving me the impression he had bought earlier in the week. All above board and no skullduggery involved.

TewkesburySkyBlue

I a
Yeh, me too. Reminded me why I no longer go to away games. As a club we have a bit of an issue, though I know that some will say 'well, doesn't every club'.
I agree we have complete total dickheads in our mostly wonderful support . Personally think they should be banned for life .

CovInEssex

I had no idea PC Allsopp gave that mush a kicking. Makes you wonder how many other people have had a kicking in the Ricoh holding cells (home and away fans).

Users who are viewing this thread