In The Times today (1 Viewer)

Adge

I'm fairly sure he was saying thanks to his mum for bringing him up alone rather than sticking two fingers up to the country, but you keep reading those tabloids.
Er excuse me Sir! I read the Guardian to keep an eye on my stocks and shares.

CovBurty

When you say you know him, do you mean you know of him? Why do you talk to him if you think he mostly talks ;bollox'. If you don't talk to him, how do you know he talks 'bollox' most of the time? Me suspects a wum!
I do know him and the result tonight proves he talks a load of bollox. Talking to press as tho we are going to win a World Cup, show complete ignorance. Don't know why anyone listens to his utter shite talk. Who actually listens to his shite. A no1 numpty.

Otis

I do know him and the result tonight proves he talks a load of bollox. Talking to press as tho we are going to win a World Cup, show complete ignorance. Don't know why anyone listens to his utter shite talk. Who actually listens to his shite. A no1 numpty.
Ha, nice wind up.

giphy.gif

shmmeee

U OK hun?

lifeskyblue

As I said before... I was devastated last night, over it this morning.

If Coventry had lost to Exeter I still would be struggling to get over it now

Club over country for me every day. Fair play to those out in Moscow though, was a hell of a ride

Exactly my feelings both last night and today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
It's a completely different thing.

When the game ended I could just turn over and watch something else and go to bed not really thinking about it.

If CCFC lose it bugs me and I'm in a mood for ages, if we win I'm happier longer.

Can't imagine how unbearable I'd have been if we lost the playoffs.

Obviously want England to win as I'm English but don't lose sleep over it nor get excited by them playing.

Otis

Would have been the same, City or England, but then wasn't that disappointed last night, so wouldn't have been that disappointed had we lost to Exeter.

CJ_covblaze

Me too. Do those who felt otherwise really feel as gutted today as they would have done if we'd lost to Exeter?

I was gutted on a Wednesday, still am now but I see it as an improvement on what we’ve seen previously. I felt as bad, if not worse coming out of the ground in Nice as I did when we were relegated last year. Both times were horrendous days and something I hope I don’t experience again (unlikely on both counts).

Adge

I think we all got carried away. We beat 2 pub teams in the group and then lost against Belgium reserves (although it was mainly our second team aswell). We beat Columbia on Pens and then another mediocre team in Sweden who are very ordinary and penetrated our back line towards the end and only decent saves kept us in it in truth. We then come up against quality in Croatia and we were overrun apart from the first 30 minutes. People are “proud” that the England team has “been reunited and put back in touch with the fans” which leaves me scratching my head somewhat. Does that mean that 18 months ago then (Iceland etc) that the players were not playing for the fans and were not that bothered? :emoji_thinking:

clint van damme

I think we all got carried away. We beat 2 pub teams in the group and then lost against Belgium reserves (although it was mainly our second team aswell). We beat Columbia on Pens and then another mediocre team in Sweden who are very ordinary and penetrated our back line towards the end and only decent saves kept us in it in truth. We then come up against quality in Croatia and we were overrun apart from the first 30 minutes. People are “proud” that the England team has “been reunited and put back in touch with the fans” which leaves me scratching my head somewhat. Does that mean that 18 months ago then (Iceland etc) that the players were not playing for the fans and were not that bothered? :emoji_thinking:

I blame the City youth set up!

CJ_covblaze

Some of them weren’t.

Macca

Probably back in 1996 would have swapped city success for England. However that year was the catalyst for the plastic supporting of England, all fake and enforced and people trying to outdo each other with who is the most excited. The same people who will be moaning about football come September. In those years as well we have seen the city's downfall as well. So hand on heart if I could have city back in the championship I'd swap it for us failing to qualify for the next 2 tournaments without a thought

fernandopartridge

Probably back in 1996 would have swapped city success for England. However that year was the catalyst for the plastic supporting of England, all fake and enforced and people trying to outdo each other with who is the most excited. The same people who will be moaning about football come September. In those years as well we have seen the city's downfall as well. So hand on heart if I could have city back in the championship I'd swap it for us failing to qualify for the next 2 tournaments without a thought
With you 100% on that

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Club vs Country is one of the most boring arguments in history. Choose what you fucking want.

I like following City and England Away, end of story. Both are one of the best/most expensive hobbies in the world to me.

Yeah but if City were playing England in the African cup of nations final who would you want to win!?

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Yeah but if City were playing England in the African cup of nations final who would you want to win!?

If I went home and Margot Robbie and Mollie King were both lying naked on my bed, who would I shag first? Another example of a totally implausible question that’s not worth an answer!

Note: Neither, would much rather have a go on Big Brenda from the spoons at Grimsby Away!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

If I went home and Margot Robbie and Mollie King were both lying naked on my bed, who would I shag first? Another example of a totally implausible question that’s not worth an answer!

Note: Neither, would much rather have a go on Big Brenda from the spoons at Grimsby Away!

Yep as my question is 100% serious and could genuinely happen.

ccfchoi87

Over one year on and away from the World Cup hysteria, does anyone want to change their opinion in the Club v County debate?

Ricketts

City only for me. England is too much the prima donna premier league ‘stars’ and all the hype and egos and greed that is wrong with football (and society)

CJ_covblaze

Over one year on and away from the World Cup hysteria, does anyone want to change their opinion in the Club v County debate?

Nope. Can't wait for the upcoming trips to Czechia, Bulgaria and Kosovo.

Evo1883

If somebody said to me city to win league 1 this year or England to win the next World Cup... I'd choose City 100/100 times and I love my country... Just not as much as I love ccfc

Sky Blue Harry H

If somebody said to me city to win league 1 this year or England to win the next World Cup... I'd choose City 100/100 times and I love my country... Just not as much as I love ccfc

The same as this. I get excited when England are playing in tournaments and really get into it, but afterwards I don't think about it at all. With City, i follow all news about the club and think about matches before and dwell on the outcome afterwards. I find myself looking at clubs we are due to play, whether they have players injured etc, and start worrying about their better players. I'm not obsessive about it, but I am borderline !!

DannyThomas_1981

CCFC every time.
I feel a little disconnected with the English team as I only have a passing interest in the Premiership these days. Sometimes new players are picked by England and I have honestly never even heard of them.
Back in 1990 as an example it was very different - I had knowledge of every player in the squad after seeing them play against us or on MOTD.

Otis

Still my country, so it still remains England first for me. A World Cup win would be the greatest moment ever I would say.

Users who are viewing this thread