Ifollow (3 Viewers)

Evo1883

Money clearly isn't a problem then if you've managed to miss only 11 games in 6 years. Weird take to spend £20 + travel + potential food/booze (you may not do this), to every away game but not part with £10 to legally stream a game with the club taking a lot of the money.

It's more to do with the fact that there is a chance I won't see them in person all season... It's gone now anyway I've said what I feel

Mucca Mad Boys

Where does £700 come from? Surely at most it would be £430 for league games, then an odd few cup games. Sure people wouldn't even flinch at spending £10 - £20 a week in the pub but won't spend that to watch games legally.

Including cup matches, I would probably total around £500 if you bought every single game individually.

Why don’t people know more about the Championship membership? It’s very good value. You get 22 home games (minus QPR) - which is already covers every home game on iFollow. Then, you get a special edition home shirt, which is valued at around £47. My little brother wears men’s sized shirts, and his membership cost £66 - can’t knock it.

As you say, most people would go to a pub, buy a beer or two, maybe get a taxi/bus there and back, and that would cost more than £10.

In my view, we’ve offered very fair prices for season tickets and so on for a few seasons now.

Nick

Administrator
Including cup matches, I would probably total around £500 if you bought every single game individually.

Why don’t people know more about the Championship membership? It’s very good value. You get 22 home games (minus QPR) - which is already covers every home game on iFollow. Then, you get a special edition home shirt, which is valued at around £47. My little brother wears men’s sized shirts, and his membership cost £66 - can’t knock it.

As you say, most people would go to a pub, buy a beer or two, maybe get a taxi/bus there and back, and that would cost more than £10.

In my view, we’ve offered very fair prices for season tickets and so on for a few seasons now.

Because people aren't interested in knowing.

The same as when they say they don't go to games because its too expensive but they don't know how much tickets are.

Mucca Mad Boys

It’s all about reliability. If people know the game could get cut at any moment they’ll be less likely to rely on illegal streams.

I stream quite a lot of sports, Premier league and the NBA playoffs at the minute.

But, for the hassle of paying £10 to watch a stream of my team’s games that is reliable and doesn’t crash (in my experience, anyway) is well worth the money. The club get almost of the money too.

I’d like iFollow to be extended for games where games are at capacity. Last season, there were a few times I couldn’t get an away ticket in the general sale - iFollow would be a good top for clubs who have small away ends for big teams. For example, a lot of clubs would make loss of money off of Sunderland fans in L1.

Could revolutionise League 1 and L2.

Hertsccfc

£10 per match is not much and cheaper than going to matches with all travel and other costs involved too, especially for away matches. If you can't afford all matches just buy those you can afford

Mucca Mad Boys

Because people aren't interested in knowing.

The same as when they say they don't go to games because its too expensive but they don't know how much tickets are.

Pretty much. There are people on low-incomes who have ST at Premiership clubs like Arsenal, Liverpool and so on. If people really want to go, they’ll go whether it’s £5 or £50.

£10 per match is not much and cheaper than going to matches with all travel and other costs involved too, especially for away matches. If you can't afford all matches just buy those you can afford

If things were that desperate, you could quite ask a few friends if they wanted to come over and split the costs. Most people would have 1 person they could watch it with.

Greggs

That Oggy Oi geezer having a right flounce on Facebook

Evo1883

I stream quite a lot of sports, Premier league and the NBA playoffs at the minute.

But, for the hassle of paying £10 to watch a stream of my team’s games that is reliable and doesn’t crash (in my experience, anyway) is well worth the money. The club get almost of the money too.

I’d like iFollow to be extended for games where games are at capacity. Last season, there were a few times I couldn’t get an away ticket in the general sale - iFollow would be a good top for clubs who have small away ends for big teams. For example, a lot of clubs would make loss of money off of Sunderland fans in L1.

Could revolutionise League 1 and L2.
Last night I purchased the game and couldn't get it working on the app, so checked on iptv and they had a working link, all game no crash. So I just gave my old man my ifollow log in to watch on his phone on browser because I found out it worked on there a couple minutes after kick off.

So far this season I've paid for both away matches.. If it doesn't work on my iptv I will purchase.. If it does I won't.

I could ofcourse just go round my mates as somebody stated and watch it free anyway through his ifollow 🤷 no difference

Greggs

What's he saying? Must be gutted he has to find a job now can't be making money from streams.
Calling people out for being grasses and basically getting his cock sucked by all his Facebook followers and freeloaders

mark82

Calling people out for being grasses and basically getting his cock sucked by all his Facebook followers and freeloaders

Grown men calling people grasses makes me laugh. How do these people get by in society?

Let's be honest, the club will have been aware of this for some time. iFollow is more important than ever this year, so they'll likely try to get anything like this shut down. It's a bit of a losing battle, but they're a business and this is taking revenue away from them.

pusbccfc

That Oggy Oi geezer having a right flounce on Facebook

Course he is. The bloke isn't going to get paid for doing illegal streaming anymore.

chiefdave

Was he really charging / accepting donations for a dodgy feed? It was bad enough when I thought he was just letting a thousand or so people watch for free, depriving the club of income. For him to be making money out of it is bang out of order.

fernandopartridge

I have used Oggy Oi in the past but I'm inclined to pay this season. TBH a day out to a single has cost me £200 or more so paying a tenner for one match is nothing really.

robbiekeane

Sheltered life mate yea? I mean they aren't actually the dregs of society are they ffs 😂
No i wouldn’t say I have. Hit a nerve?

So called fans of the club trying to make a profit at the expense of their own football club and then throwing their rattle out of the pram and calling people grasses/snitches when they’ve been caught doing something illegal, says a lot about their character. Disgraceful and pathetic to be honest

Evo1883

No i wouldn’t say I have. Hit a nerve?

So called fans of the club trying to make a profit at the expense of their own football club and then throwing their rattle out of the pram and calling people grasses/snitches when they’ve been caught doing something illegal, says a lot about their character. Disgraceful and pathetic to be honest

Robbie mate, I doubt there are very many people on here that haven't watched an illegal stream of some sort or purchased a copied movie on DVD a few years back.... ALL BREAKING THE LAW .. Infact nick himself says he does but not with city... So I mean there's clearly alot of hypocrisy within this whole debate... The term grass is just another word for telling on people, it's a perfectly reasonable phrase.

Give yourself a pat on the back though if reporting streams are your thing...most people just think its a bit sad

Greggs

Robbie mate, I doubt there are very many people on here that haven't watched an illegal stream of some sort or purchased a copied movie on DVD a few years back.... ALL BREAKING THE LAW .. Infact nick himself says he does but not with city... So I mean there's clearly alot of hypocrisy within this whole debate... The term grass is just another word for telling on people, it's a perfectly reasonable phrase.

Give yourself a pat on the back though if reporting streams are your thing...most people just think its a bit sad
Grass

Evo1883

cheer up, fucking hell!!

Sorry mate, but I cant for the life of me understand why people are so bothered about what other people do... It's like the melts that phone up ofcom when they don't like something on TV... Get a grip like who has the time or effort to care so much

robbiekeane

Robbie mate, I doubt there are very many people on here that haven't watched an illegal stream of some sort or purchased a copied movie on DVD especially the younger lot ALL BREAKING THE LAW .. Infact nick himself says he does but not with city... So I mean there's clearly alot of hypocrisy within this whole debate... The term grass is just another word for telling on people, it's a perfectly reasonable phrase.

Give yourself a pat on the back though if reporting streams are your thing...

If you can't see the difference between purchasing a pirated version of a DVD which is taking money off extremely greedy billionaire hollywood studios, and streaming (or actually the particular topic we are discussing is the selling thousands of streams for personal gain...) your local football clubs game who are widely considered to have one of the lowest budgets in their current league and no stadium, no gate receipts given the global pandemic we are in, currently making the step up a division, and offering an affordable legitimate alternative, then there's really no hope in debating with you further....

Evo1883

If you can't see the difference between purchasing a pirated version of a DVD which is taking money off extremely greedy billionaire hollywood studios, and streaming (or actually the particular topic we are discussing is the selling thousands of streams for personal gain...) your local football clubs game who are widely considered to have the lowest budget in their current league and no stadium, no gate receipts given the global pandemic we are in, currently making the step up a division, and offering an affordable legitimate alternative, then there's really no hope in debating with you further....

So I'm OK stealing a bottle of booze from sainsburys but not my local off license 😂

You're argument is solely emotional...

Evo1883

What on earth are you talking about? Did I miss a post somewhere?

You said there is a difference between stealing off a big corporation and a football club who needs the money... I thought the analogy I gave was actually quite perfect... There's no difference

robbiekeane

You said there is a difference between stealing off a big corporation and a football club who needs the money... I thought the analogy I gave was actually quite perfect
Then unfortunately you're not intelligent enough to have a meaningful debate with. Have a great day

Greggs

Sorry mate, but I cant for the life of me understand why people are so bothered about what other people do... It's like the melts that phone up ofcom when they don't like something on TV... Get a grip like who has the time or effort to care so much
Some people seem to strive living a hyper tense lifestyle mate, always need to be moaning or fretting over something. My comment to you was in jest anyways. :)

Greggs

If you can't see the difference between purchasing a pirated version of a DVD which is taking money off extremely greedy billionaire hollywood studios, and streaming (or actually the particular topic we are discussing is the selling thousands of streams for personal gain...) your local football clubs game who are widely considered to have one of the lowest budgets in their current league and no stadium, no gate receipts given the global pandemic we are in, currently making the step up a division, and offering an affordable legitimate alternative, then there's really no hope in debating with you further....
I agree, but your argument isn't balanced pal. But, i get your point.

Evo1883

It's an argument based solely on emotion because you so happen to support Ccfc... 🤷

Evo1883

Remember years ago when we used to sneak in with our mates under the turnstiles at HR, or fans used to throw their season tickets down to their mates etc etc etc.... 🤷

SeaSeeEffCee

I just hope no-one who illegally streams the games has the temerity to moan about any lack of investment in the near future if we're struggling and can't afford to buy anyone in Jan.

Users who are viewing this thread