If there was a Wasps protest organised by the Trust (1 Viewer)

Would you take part

• Outside

Votes: 26 74.3%
  • Inside

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters

skybluetony176

Someone suggested that CJ’s poll was worded in a way that might lead people to vote no as many (myself included) wouldn’t step inside the Ricoh during a Wasps game for love nor money. So I’ve broke the vote down and if I’ve set it up right you should be able to vote for both inside and out. I’ve also added neither for clarity on the issue of there not being an appetite to protest against Wasps.

Nick

Administrator
The trust making a statement condemning wasps stance and pointing out the indemnity and sending it to all of their media contacts would achieve much more.

How many have fans have suggested to the trust a protest in the ground as opposed to calling wasps out? Who has suggested a march in the city centre?

I'm sure they know that though, they can say there's no appetite for a wasps protest and that they tried.

They won't listen to suggestions or take them on board.

It's so obvious.

Nick

Administrator
Surely it's a start though? Or are they assuming it'll be a vote in favour of no wasps protest?

I voted in and out. I feel an in protest would get more acknowledgement.
Not really, is like the massive thread about protests about wasps that got ignored.

They need everybody on the same page, they need a statement along the lines of what Pete said and it will unite people.

PurpleBin

Not really, is like the massive thread about protests about wasps that got ignored.

They need everybody on the same page, they need a statement along the lines of what Pete said and it will unite people.

I see what you mean but this is a start. If we (Pete!) hadn't done what we did here - would CJ have put this out? I don't think so. Let's see where it goes.

Nick

Administrator
I see what you mean but this is a start. If we (Pete!) hadn't done what we did here - would CJ have put this out? I don't think so. Let's see where it goes.
CJ is putting this out because somebody questioned him today. The same as Neil bullshitting the other week.

It's to stop people asking questions, he's been doing this for years.

He has even said he made a thread on here asking for wasps action ideas just so he could say he has asked, with no intention of listening

PurpleBin

CJ is putting this out because somebody questioned him today. The same as Neil bullshitting the other week.

It's to stop people asking questions, he's been doing this for years.

He has even said he made a thread on here asking for wasps action ideas just so he could say he has asked, with no intention of listening

I don't know...maybe it's easy to pull the wool over my eyes! I'm thinking that they've never been put under this sort of pressure before. If they're talking and asking it's part of what everyone wanted. We can jump on them and criticise when they do it.

Nick

Administrator
I don't know...maybe it's easy to pull the wool over my eyes! I'm thinking that they've never been put under this sort of pressure before. If they're talking and asking it's part of what everyone wanted. We can jump on them and criticise when they do it.
Have a look through the wasps action thread posts, the ones asking for feedback before trust meetings etc.

It's all just because there were questions today, they have no intention of actually pressuring wasps or condemning their stance.

We will go through the same thing in another month.

PurpleBin

Have a look through the wasps action thread posts, the ones asking for feedback before trust meetings etc.

It's all just because there were questions today, they have no intention of actually pressuring wasps or condemning their stance.

We will go through the same thing in another month.

Think we should give them a chance...if they do as you say then we know where we stand.

Frostie

It's also not worded as being AGAINST Wasps is it??

It'll just end up with them applauding Wasps & screaming "SISU out" again....

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Block the streets around the Ricoh on march days by legal parking where wasps fans will park.
Marches don't work any more
Demonstrations in or out of the Ricoh won't work.
Why demonstrate inside the Ricoh for god's sake? What's that going to achieve. ?
All these demos don't work unless thousands and thousands of fans take part. We're years too late. People have walked away.

PurpleBin

Block the streets around the Ricoh on march days by legal parking where wasps fans will park.
Why demonstrate inside the Ricoh for god's sake? What's that going to achieve. ?
All these demos don't work unless thousands and thousands of fans take part. We're years too late. People have walked away.

That would come together when it was planned. We all need to agree on if we are going to protest first and then how. Thousands turned up once...if planned properly and with us all together i.e. the Trust, forum and all supporters clubs then who knows.

Covstu

Hate to say it but kind of agree. For me the football is doing the talking, get promoted and then get round the table and talk.

Sky Blue Pete

Yep I hear that, I don’t think promotion will keep us quiet it will just give me more momentum to get everyone talking to sort it all out

mds

I dont feel the trust have represented me as a supporter for a long time, the same for the CCFC, they nailed their colours to the wrong mast way too long ago so for them reasons i would never entertain supporting them in any way. I see anything they do now as a token gesture to appease a few fans and pointless in the grand scheme of things where the club is concerned.

skybluetony176

Well I think that’s made it pretty clear that there’s a far bigger appetite for a protest than no protest, just not a protest that involves going into a Wasps game. Not got a Twitter account so can’t see how CJ’s twitter poll is going so if anyone can give us an update please do. I’d be interested to see how/if the numbers differ when not given and option on protest in and/or out the ground.

shepardo01

Well I think that’s made it pretty clear that there’s a far bigger appetite for a protest than no protest, just not a protest that involves going into a Wasps game. Not got a Twitter account so can’t see how CJ’s twitter poll is going so if anyone can give us an update please do. I’d be interested to see how/if the numbers differ when not given and option on protest in and/or out the ground.
See below.
1st tweet was protest inside and out....
2nd was slightly hidden as a reply under 1st tweet... numbers responded are lower, but percentage higher in favour of protest.

shepardo01

Ok, numbers not showing, but;
Poll 1 - Yes 44% No 56% (599 votes)
Poll2 - Yes 57% No 43% (329 votes)

Interesting that in 1st poll, 264 ish people would still protest!!!
Poll 2 should send a message out!!

hill83

Protesting what? Them being here at all or them not allowing us to rent the stadium..

rob9872

Protesting what? Them being here at all or them not allowing us to rent the stadium..
Just a general protest about foodbanks and climate change

SBAndy

Devil is in the (lack of) detail. As someone mentioned, could be a jolly to shout SISU OUT in a different location. Is it a protest against Wasps’ actions or something else?

Users who are viewing this thread