Trust Meeting (1 Viewer)

olderskyblue

So I pick up that somebody on the board says they have given up with CCFC etc etc and it's the same as CJ saying his personal view of Wasps is that he doesn't like them in reply to people asking the Trust to speak out about them?

I am sure you can see the difference there between the 2.

Do you mean the same as CJ was calling me a liar when I was pointing out those strange social media accounts to him about a year ago? How did that one turn out? Do you mean the same as when CJ strangely forgot who Roger Ellis was?

Have a look through the threads, it's been the same for months / years. A little bit of belly tickling here and there.

Yes, 2 entirely different things.

I do not know David J, only having seen him on Monday night's AGM. I do not see all his twitter stuff that grendel mentioned, so can only judge him on what he said at the meeting, and the stuff you refer to about giving up with CCFC.

So, on that basis, I think that someone who has clearly supported the sky blues for 40 years or more, but lost heart in the last few months, is still qualified to be on the trust board. I don't see why people write him off for that. That's like saying if you didn't go to Sixfields, you shouldn't be on the board, or go to Birmingham, or attend every home match. Where is the line that someone becomes acceptable to sit on the trust board?

CJ calling you a liar? Maybe he just didn't know those SM accounts were who you said, maybe he asked and they denied it. We now know that one of them has been found out, and not allowed to be on the board. The Roger Ellis thing? I don't recall that, so can't comment.

My point was you said CJ thinking people were stupid (and that's your view, not fact) is more insulting than you calling him a liar. It's not.

Nick

Administrator
Yes, 2 entirely different things.

I do not know David J, only having seen him on Monday night's AGM. I do not see all his twitter stuff that grendel mentioned, so can only judge him on what he said at the meeting, and the stuff you refer to about giving up with CCFC.

So, on that basis, I think that someone who has clearly supported the sky blues for 40 years or more, but lost heart in the last few months, is still qualified to be on the trust board. I don't see why people write him off for that. That's like saying if you didn't go to Sixfields, you shouldn't be on the board, or go to Birmingham, or attend every home match. Where is the line that someone becomes acceptable to sit on the trust board?

CJ calling you a liar? Maybe he just didn't know those SM accounts were who you said, maybe he asked and they denied it. We now know that one of them has been found out, and not allowed to be on the board. The Roger Ellis thing? I don't recall that, so can't comment.

My point was you said CJ thinking people were stupid (and that's your view, not fact) is more insulting than you calling him a liar. It's not.

Why is it comparing him to somebody who went to Sixfields? They could have gone to Sixfields but if they made a grand statement saying they had cut all ties with CCFC then it would be the same thing. You would think still being bothered about CCFC and following them where possible would be a default thing for somebody in a fans group wouldn't you?

Yep, people at the Trust in general seem to think people are stupid. Now that the whole shout about SISU stuff doesn't wash all of the time for everybody to get everybody going there's no other approach.

When somebody says "The Trust should come out and have a stance against all parties", CJ saying "I hate Wasps" the first time didn't work so to keep doing the same thing doesn't work either. The response to that would be "Yes we are making a statement about this" or "we won't make a statement about this because..."

usskyblue

Why aren’t we all going to meetings with a chair that says he’s done with the club ?

You couldn’t make this stuff up...

Esoterica

I mean it's really not that hard to put out an open statement to Wasps saying:

'Wasps, your presence in Coventry is not welcomed by Coventry City fans while you will not drop your hugely unreasonable indemnity demands which would threaten the very existence of the oldest sporting club in our city, should they be agreed to.
If you have not dropped this demand by the end of July 2019, which is the current showstopper to constructive talks resuming and getting Coventry City back to the Ricoh in time for the 2019/2020 season, then we will use our influence as the largest supporter's group in Coventry to call for a boycott of all Ricoh arena events until our club is back playing in the city where it belongs.

We've seen plenty of 'SISU, just sell up!' statements so there's no fear of making bold statements - what then is stopping our largest supporter's group flexing their muscles at Wasps?

Users who are viewing this thread