Gregor Robertson article in The Times today (2 Viewers)

ccfcway

I have had plenty of Saturdays just talking about football. On the way home on Saturday I was talking about football and what we had just seen.

You must have been talking about other things as well ?. you weren’t talking about the atmosphere, the ground, the surrounding areas, the longer than normal trip home ?. None of that is to do with the football

Grendel

You must have been talking about other things as well ?. you weren’t talking about the atmosphere, the ground, the surrounding areas, the longer than normal trip home ?. None of that is to do with the football

Oh bore off you sanctimonious twat

Nick

Administrator
Didn't mention sisu, wasps or the council at all. I would discuss the ground, atmosphere or walk at any game as it's part of the day?

I didn't discuss politics, no. Sorry to disappoint you as I know how desperate you are to make every thread about it.

ccfcway

Didn't mention sisu, wasps or the council at all. I would discuss the ground, atmosphere or walk at any game as it's part of the day?

I didn't discuss politics, no. Sorry to disappoint you as I know how desperate you are to make every thread about it.

Didn’t say anything about politics.

Surely It’s not possible to not talk about only football when we are playing elsewhere ?

Apologies if you think I’m doing it every thread, will back calm commenting on that in all threads and noted that I like it on here so want to stay.,

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Didn’t say anything about politics.

Surely It’s not possible to not talk about only football when we are playing elsewhere ?

Apologies if you think I’m doing it every thread, will back off commenting on that, noted and I like it on here so want to stay.,

No it was perfectly possible. The same as when I went to Leamington and rugby in pre season .

Nick

Administrator
Away games ?. Will let you have the last say nick, it’s your site.
Actually the one in rugby was a home game.

I can quite easily go to games and talk about the day / football only and not politics. I do it every week.

ccfcway

Actually the one in rugby was a home game.

I can quite easily go to games and talk about the day / football only and not politics. I do it every week.

Appreciate I’m in the minority of fans who are in the minority of covertrians. Suspect my bitterness has been born out of my loss of the cricket team who changed name and it was all over. Still hurts

Your 100% right in that you have a forum for the politics bit and lines have got blurred, will post it In their going fwd

Last edited:

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

SISU arranged things in the company structures & administration so that they could break the lease believing that the outcome would distress ACL to the point of no return.

giphy.gif

duffer

The literalism is out large again anyway, not noting commonly used turns of phrase.

He's not wrong that the politics have overshadowed the football for more years than we care to remember.

He's not wrong that we've all been given very difficult choices. Nor is he wrong that the move away could be a lot longer than this 'temporary' effort - we really have to keep that in mind so we don't sleepwalk into it being longer. He's not wrong that a new stadium won't just appear.

These are very, very big concerns, and to ignore them and sweep them under the carpet is folly.

Based on their reason to exist, nope. They're there as a focus on the football, the players, and their connection with fans. They're not there to hold the club and other parties to account.

Only problem here, NW. is that the Trust don't seem to be holding other parties to account, their sole focus has been the owners pretty much from the time that the trust was reformed. Where has that got us?

Every time there's a newspaper article and they go to the Trust for a quote, my heart sinks because you know where it's heading. More nuance would be welcome, but journalists are going to have to look beyond the Trust if they want to get it.

NorthernWisdom

Only problem here, NW. is that the Trust don't seem to be holding other parties to account, their sole focus has been the owners pretty much from the time that the trust was reformed. Where has that got us?

Every time there's a newspaper article and they go to the Trust for a quote, my heart sinks because you know where it's heading. More nuance would be welcome, but journalists are going to have to look beyond the Trust if they want to get it.
The quote when extended.

Dave Eyles said:
“Every party involved has had a part in the blame and need to be taken into account. That’s the council, the EFL, the owners of Coventry City and the landlords Wasps. We find ourselves in this situation again and ultimately it doesn’t seem to occur at other clubs.

Crisis at Coventry City: Birmingham move threatens to split club's dejected fan base

You're one of the more reasonable around here duffer. Im sure you'll agree turning a tanker takes a while, and it's worth giving people the chance to try.

Last edited:

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

RegTheDonk

The quote when extended.

Crisis at Coventry City: Birmingham move threatens to split club's dejected fan base

You're one of the more reasonable around here duffer. Im sure you'll agree turning a tanker takes a while, and it's worth giving people the chance to try.
In fairness to Duffer, who I think is one of the best posters here for being level-headed, that's a different article from a different paper/journo to the one the OP has quoted. This artcile you're linking to was about 10 days after you and a few others had your say at the Trust meeting...presumably your concerns were still in Dave's head when he spoke to Mr Percy.

Lets hope that tanker hasn't continued its turn to 360 degrees.

Grendel

In fairness to Duffer, who I think is one of the best posters here for being level-headed, that's a different article from a different paper/journo to the one the OP has quoted. This artcile you're linking to was about 10 days after you and a few others had your say at the Trust meeting...presumably your concerns were still in Dave's head when he spoke to Mr Percy.

Lets hope that tanker hasn't continued its turn to 360 degrees.

It’s just empty platitudes

TTG

Since 2007, I can’t remember a Saturday afternoon where I’ve just talked about the football
Just me, or when sisu first took over in 2007, there was a feeling of we can get back to the prem. There was no off the field issues then either.

Users who are viewing this thread