If no ground agreement (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Why don't you all ask Tim Fisher to identify this site where he is hopeful of building a new stadium. With this information I am certain the football league will be sympathetic to a tempory ground share, that's if we can find one to share.

dongonzalos

Fair enough, but don is including the wasps refusing to negotiate in his scenario.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I am not including that because it is not relevant.
What's relevant is our ability to assure the FL we have both the means and intent to return.
Last time that took a one million pound bond.
If convincing the FL we can return is not the most important factor what did we have to put a million pounds on the line for last time.
I assume that wasn't just for the fun of it.
Without that million we were going no where.

chiefdave

Surely SISU would have to prove that there's no viable option acceptable to the FL, flying in the face of what they've been telling/selling the FL for 3+ years.
That would't be hard would it. They were involved in the proposed move to the Butts, had reportedly been shown round and were happy with it moving forward. Then there is public record of the council moving to block it. Anderson publicly stated staying at the Ricoh was an option and negotiations were taking place. Wasps called a halt to talks. Again that is publicly known.
Who knows what else they have in their pocket. Kieran Crowley has categorically stated, since leaving the club, that he has seen documents showing the council blocking two other sites.
And the point is SISU wouldn't necessarily have to prove it, if the FL can't afford to defend a case they won't want it going to court in the first place.

italiahorse

Well if the rent goes up then so the CCFC cut of parking & F&B needs to increase to compensate and provide enhanced income potential.
Then it is more important for CCFC to drive up crowds, which in my opinion wouldn't be a bad thing.
Why not just charge £1 per head per game L1. £2 Championship. £3 PL ?
10,000 crowd per season equals £250K, £500K and £750K
20,000 crowd £500K, £1M and £1.5M
It's then crowd related.

Grendel

How would the FL close the club?

They would remove them as members which means all contracts would be cancelled and the club has no entitlement to be offered a place below the league pyramid.

Grendel

What's relevant is our ability to assure the FL we have both the means and intent to return.
If convincing the FL we can return is not the most important factor what did we have to put a million pounds on the line for last time.

What happened to this bond out of interest?

italiahorse

If wasps refuse to negotiate, then the club wouldn't be leaving of their own accord.

Tbh I find all this "the FL will kick us out the league, we're going to be liquidated, etc etc " just pure scaremongering.

They'll just give us a temporary deal.

chiefdave

They would remove them as members which means all contracts would be cancelled and the club has no entitlement to be offered a place below the league pyramid.
The other problem would be it would happen at the FL meeting. By that point it would be way to late to rejoin further down the pyramid.

Grendel

The other problem would be it would happen at the FL meeting. By that point it would be way to late to rejoin further down the pyramid.

Yes correct. Also the FL define sisu as fit and proper owners. They are in regular dialogue and I'm sure sisu are gaining concurrences from the league every step of the way.

I'd be amazed if a move away hasn't already been sanctioned due to exceptional circumstances.

Grendel

We came back as soon as we got wind of Wasps (imo)
The bond didn't need paying once we are back in the Coventry area within the agreed timeframes

So did we meet the bond criteria?

skybluetony176

That would't be hard would it. They were involved in the proposed move to the Butts, had reportedly been shown round and were happy with it moving forward. Then there is public record of the council moving to block it. Anderson publicly stated staying at the Ricoh was an option and negotiations were taking place. Wasps called a halt to talks. Again that is publicly known.
Who knows what else they have in their pocket. Kieran Crowley has categorically stated, since leaving the club, that he has seen documents showing the council blocking two other sites.
And the point is SISU wouldn't necessarily have to prove it, if the FL can't afford to defend a case they won't want it going to court in the first place.

The council haven't blocked anything though and in reality can't. Before you get there the lease has to change hands, then an application has to go in for redevelopment and changing of the covenant and even then there's an appeal process that involves central government and that's before you even start to consider proof of funds available for development.

Kieran Cowley said? Again the final decision isn't the council's. If the council have blocked two other sites surely an application must have gone in in some form to be blocked otherwise what have they blocked exactly? Have these applications come out in FOI's?

I would be very surprised if talk's at the Ricoh don't start again within 12 months. If for no other reason than wasps seem to need our commitment for stadium sponsorship.

SISU would have to prove that they have a case before it would get to court so they'd have to prove something.

Grendel

We came back within the time frame so no need to pay the bond. It was all about returning to the Coventry area

Really? So the criteria didn't actually meet FL regulations?

skybluetony176

That doesn't close the club though. It just kicks it out of the league. Something that the FL could do within the rules that the club have signed up to as members.

Grendel

Now far more importantly, can someone remind me again why we would choose to repeat a Northampton scenario.

No one would choose to would they unless it's the doomsday scenario. Then I would choose it and even if it's at a location that I could hardly get to would financially commit as it becomes a matter of exist or die.

Grendel

That doesn't close the club though. It just kicks it out of the league. Something that the FL could do within the rules that the club have signed up to as members.

Oh I see. So a club has no players, no league status and no non league status. Where do they play and against who?

chiefdave

Correct me if I'm wrong but it wasn't really a bond was it as it wasn't paid up front. It was payable if we didn't return. Good luck trying to get a payment like that out of either a club thats skint or our owners.

Grendel

Apply to join a league in the lower pyramid, sign players and if nothing else we can play at Ryton, that we'd still own.

Still would have to be a new club. The old club would have to be closed and Ryton is mortgaged so we would have that repossessed.

rupert_bear

We came back within the time frame so no need to pay the bond. It was all about returning to the Coventry area
Oh I see. So a club has no players, no league status and no non league status. Where do they play and against who?
Who says the club will have no players Grendel ? Any players on a contract will still be Coventry City's until they sell them. And the FL have no power to wind up a club, the club is a private business, members of the FL so long as it works within the competition rules

skybluetony176

Still would have to be a new club. The old club would have to be closed and Ryton is mortgaged so we would have that repossessed.

I thought that Rytons mortgage was paid of and it's now held as a charge by Soncap/Arvo against the club?

Don't SISU own all the rights to name, image etc. so as our owners if they chose to start again they'd still be our owners, we'd still be CCFC aka The Sky Blues.

Of course if they chose not to do any of that that would be down to them, not the FL. So again. How would the FL close the club?

skybluetony176

Who says the club will have no players Grendel ? Any players on a contract will still be Coventry City's until they sell them. And the FL have no power to wind up a club, the club is a private business, members of the FL so long as it works within the competition rules

Grendull is about to explain that.

Grendel

I thought that Rytons mortgage was paid of and it's now held as a charge by Soncap/Arvo against the club?

Don't SISU own all the rights to name, image etc. so as our owners if they chose to start again they'd still be our owners, we'd still be CCFC aka The Sky Blues.

Of course if they chose not to do any of that that would be down to them, not the FL. So again. How would the FL close the club?

The club will cease to exist as the original entity in the same way that Hereford Newport etc did. Sisu I doubt would own any rights at all - how could they? The club would immediately be liquidated as it couldn't afford to pay contracts as it would have no league to play in.

Grendel

Grendull is about to explain that.

Rupert thinks we will be in the conference -do you? As you rarely can be bothered to go to games I'm sure you find this predicament amusing

I don't.

skybluetony176

The club will cease to exist as the original entity in the same way that Hereford Newport etc did. Sisu I doubt would own any rights at all - how could they? The club would immediately be liquidated as it couldn't afford to pay contracts as it would have no league to play in.

If it was liquidated that would be SISU's choice. As has been pointed out we'd still have players under contract to sell, the FL have no power to wind up a club. It wouldn't be the end of the club unless our owners volunteered it.

chiefdave

Well I'm looking forward to this glorious future when we still have all our players on L1 wages but no ground, no academy, no place in the FL, no place anywhere in the pyramid.

letsallsingtogether

SISU, or Otium I guess as they are the owners, could take the FL to court if the FL expel us from the league. They would no doubt claim that there was no viable option for them to remain in the city and that the FL's actions have cost them a huge amount of money.
Surely it would save them money.
we are nowhere near the breakeven attendances this season.

stupot07

60582c2fb56220cb4c044effd9f83ba6.jpg

I still maintain if wasps refused to negotiate and kicked us out the FL would allow us a temporary move, concrete plans or not.

stupot07

Now far more importantly, can someone remind me again why we would choose to repeat a Northampton scenario.
We would only repeat the Northampton scenario if wasos refuse to negotiate with us and kick us out the Ricoh.

Users who are viewing this thread