If no ground agreement (1 Viewer)

Moff

From my experience most non CCFC fans know we moved away but had no idea what the reasoning was.

Well it appears your experience was different to mine, but thanks for pointing it out. :banghead:

Captain Dart

How can they stop it then if wasps won't do a deal?
Simple solution, stop the litigation and they will. Sisu have engineered a catch 22 situation for themselves. How many times have they had to climb down so far?

stupot07

Simple solution, stop the litigation and they will. Sisu have engineered a catch 22 situation for themselves. How many times have they had to climb down so far?
Thats if you believe wasps on this excuse. I don't buy it, I think its a delaying tactic to distress and force the club into a position where it has no choice but to agree a signifcantly more expensive rental deal on worse terms.

The legals are BS in my view, which seems to stack up with what Steve from the trust posted here last week.

In any case the football league won't force sisu to stop the legals, as much as we don't like it, they are entitled to pursue the legals if they wish.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kingokings204

Thats if you believe wasps on this excuse. I don't buy it, I think its a delaying tactic to distress and force the club into a position where it has no choice but to agree a signifcantly more expensive rental deal on worse terms.

The legals are BS in my view, which seems to stack up with what Steve from the trust posted here last week.

In any case the football league won't force sisu to stop the legals, as much as we don't like it, they are entitled to pursue the legals if they wish.

You may well be right but why don't sisu call their bluff then and say hang on we were told by wasps in writing and the articles we could get a deal.

What's a worser deal anyway? 300k - 400k? It's not going to be 100k forever is it?

skyblue1991

Fans are happy that SISU didn't obtain the Ricoh as they would just charge the club an extortionate amount of rent.
Fans weren't happy that SISU stopped to pay an extortionate amount of rent to ACL.
Fans aren't happy that SISU are negotiating a deal with Wasps which will be an extortionate amount of rent.

I wish these said fans would take their blinkers off and see that SISU aren't the only ones in the wrong in this mess.

italiahorse

Why? If Wasps don't need us here and we're making little difference to their finances why do they need to hike the rent up?

Whatever we pay makes a difference by whatever we pay (calculation figures available )
£500,000 a year pays some of the bond interest as well strangely.
You do make me laugh :)

italiahorse

Y
Fans are happy that SISU didn't obtain the Ricoh as they would just charge the club an extortionate amount of rent.
Fans weren't happy that SISU stopped to pay an extortionate amount of rent to ACL.
Fans aren't happy that SISU are negotiating a deal with Wasps which will be an extortionate amount of rent.

I wish these said fans would take their blinkers off and see that SISU aren't the only ones in the wrong in this mess.
You can't be wrong on charging a high rent until you actually do it surely ?

chiefdave

Whatever we pay makes a difference by whatever we pay (calculation figures available )
£500,000 a year pays some of the bond interest as well strangely.
You do make me laugh :)
So to be clear Wasps are lying when they state what an insignificance we are and you want them to take us over so they can whack the rent up shrinking our budget but making money for them.

Sky Blue Kid

So to be clear Wasps are lying when they state what an insignificance we are and you want them to take us over so they can whack the rent up shrinking our budget but making money for them.

There you go again! wtf is wrong with you, supposition again!

italiahorse

They might charge a fair price. They might have a sliding scale depending on what league we are in. If they own us they might charge a peppercorn tent.
But hey we have no idea yet so assume they will buy us and then put us out of business by charging excessive rent.
You do make me laugh.

chiefdave

But hey we have no idea yet so assume they will buy us and then put us out of business by charging excessive rent.
I asked why they would want to buy us and you mentioned £500K a year so I'm not sure how you then work out it is me suggesting they would charge us an excessive rent.

dongonzalos

If wasps won't do a deal, the FL won't stop a move.

The club will not be allowed to move unless it provides concrete prove of its intent and capability to return to Coventry. Irrespective of what's Wasps are doing or anyone else for that matter.

Last edited:

Chipfat

We are in danger of going round again and again with nothing more than guess work and conjecture, the only facts we know are Wasps want court cases ended, Sisu have shown no indication this is happening.

As for the FL they have refused to get involved or answer question last week from a politician, only stating they were in contact with Sisu and are monitoring the situation closely. So from this we can guess which way all will fall, which 3 pages will testify.. I think the only other fact is in the situation is the club get weaker everyday and more fans are turning away due to the lack of direction or answer the future holds.

Sad really while we debate, fall out, join in personal insults the people that cause all of this can walk around thinking they are doing the right thing. I hope more than anything whatever plan SISU, Wasps, CCC or any other connected party have is it comes soon to give all the fans at least knowledge of the direction we are going in.

dongonzalos

My own personal view of likely outcomes in order of likelyness

1) SISU and Wasps do a deal be it long or short term
2) CCFC adapt somewhere local to a make shift stadium that meets minimum regulations
3) SISU put the club into administration
4) SISU liquidate the club
5) SISU do a ground share comparable to the Northampton scenario.

Number 5 may move up the list if SISU do it. Intending to sell off any players and any assets ect, bit by bit in order for it to stay self funded. They allow it to go through two relegations.
Whilst awaiting the outcome of the legal action.

(Just my opinion)

Kingokings204

Why? If Wasps don't need us here and we're making little difference to their finances why do they need to hike the rent up?

I'm sure we are small in the grand schemes of things but we brought in over 100k more people through the door than wasps did last season just in league 1.

We have nowhere to go and even if we did no one would follow in the main. So yes wasps can charge what they like but they will make it a going rate not charge us a rip off. Depends what you class as a rip off rent I suppose.

100k rent is dirt cheap and it won't stay at that. We can all agree 100k is too cheap and if I was wasps I would charge more. Say around 300-400k. Why wouldn't I? Wasps don't care for ccfc as we all know.

And to answer your original question although small overall why would you not charge 400k as opposed to 100k currently. Of course you would.

For the record I hate the fact wasps can do this and charge 1m if they wanted to but this is the situation. It's just reality.

dongonzalos

To the area that is isn't it?

To the area yes not just return to the Ricoh.
It will be just down to us to convince the FL that we have both the intention and genuine capability,
Last time it took a million to convince them.
I am guessing this time it will take more.

stupot07

You may well be right but why don't sisu call their bluff then and say hang on we were told by wasps in writing and the articles we could get a deal.

What's a worser deal anyway? 300k - 400k? It's not going to be 100k forever is it?
I'd think more £750-800k pa, 20 years no breakoit clause.

I imagine the reason sisu won't call their bluff is because they are determined to see this court action through. We are just one of a portfolio of investments, their eggs aren't all in the ccfc basket.

Last edited:

stupot07

The club will not be allowed to move unless it provides concrete prove of its intent and capability to return to Coventry. Irrespective of what's Wasps are doing or anyone else for that matter.
You're forgetting that the club have been keeping the FL in the loop and as present thr FL seem happy with the (non)progress. So what do you think they will do if wasps won't negotiate? They can't force wasps to negotiate. So its either allow us another temporary move or expel us from the football league. When weighing up those 2 option, there is only one they can take - it will be another temporary move to sixfields or a.n.other stadium. There's more than enough facts and supposition for the FL to make this decision.

dongonzalos

You're forgetting that the club have been keeping the FL in the loop and as present thr FL seem happy with the (non)progress. So what do you think they will do if wasps won't negotiate? They can't force wasps to negotiate. So its either allow us another temporary move or expel us from the football league. When weighing up those 2 option, there is only one they can take - it will be another temporary move to sixfields or a.n.other stadium. There's more than enough facts and supposition for the FL to make this decision.

We will either provide them with sufficient proof of our ability and intention to return.
Or
if we can't agree a deal with Wasps then yes we will get expelled from the league.

Only facts and supposition FL we need to make the decision is do they believe we can return.

Chipfat

It does no good guessing what the FL will do, without knowing what is the outcome of failed talks, no talks or a offer being refused is. All have different answers and problems for the FL to deal with. So until the current deal is up or a deadline is past for talks then FL are observing as we are, nothing we can do, say or argue about will change today's situation.

We all want an end to this bollocks and i'm sure no matter who you think is wrong, right or the devil an end has to the madness has to come for the sake of sanity. Surely that and the club dying a little bit more everyday is something we all can agree on.

chiefdave

It does no good guessing what the FL will do,
One thing nobody seems to be accounting for is the likelihood of legal action by SISU against the FL if they kick us out. The FL will be desperate to avoid that so are likely to agree to pretty much anything.

rupert_bear

Stupot there are rules and the football league will act once the rules are broken, other members might complain the rules have been broken and the League are duty bound to act. There are plenty of long standing ex football league clubs in the league below division 2 so being refused the Golden Share is a real possibility. That I think would happen long before the end of next season and would certainly put a cat amongst the pigeons, players union amongst others will be asking questions for their soon to be unemployed members. I think this will get a bit dirty and nerve racking but I also think we'll be okay eventually.

rupert_bear

One thing nobody seems to be accounting for is the likelihood of legal action by SISU against the FL if they kick us out. The FL will be desperate to avoid that so are likely to agree to pretty much anything.
How can that happen, the rules are there in black and white and been observed for years. Ccfc got the olive branch two years ago and its chairman assured everyone, a new ground was happening. Unless I have missed something it looks to me the FL have bent over backwards to assist ccfc.

chiefdave

How can that happen, the rules are there in black and white and been observed for years.
The FL can use their discretion. SISU can claim they had nowhere in the city to play and the FL forced them out of business.

It's not like SISU need much chance of winning to go to court. The FL in the past have stated they have no money to fight a court case as the reason they don't do more with the fit and proper persons test.

stupot07

Stupot there are rules and the football league will act once the rules are broken, other members might complain the rules have been broken and the League are duty bound to act. There are plenty of long standing ex football league clubs in the league below division 2 so being refused the Golden Share is a real possibility. That I think would happen long before the end of next season and would certainly put a cat amongst the pigeons, players union amongst others will be asking questions for their soon to be unemployed members. I think this will get a bit dirty and nerve racking but I also think we'll be okay eventually.

There are rules but there is also FL discretion. It will be ultimately the FL who will decide so those in the conference will have no say in it.FL is almost between a rock and a hard place, and it won't want to set a precident. We will be fine, there's plenty of time yet and all this whinging and whining and going on about the club dying (it really isn't), gonna be liquidated or going to be expelled from the league is just bullshit scaremongering, trying to whip up a sisu out frenzy which is going to achieve fuck all.

Wasps are the ones that won't negotiate, we should be putting pressure on them to get back to the table with no conditions. And ask them the simple question. "Do you actually want the club there or not?".

Users who are viewing this thread