Ideas (1 Viewer)

Mexico70

You are bang on for me. Protesting isn't going to achieve anything. Ribbons on a fence, standing on a hill, standing outside the council house. All ways of feeling like you are doing something but ultimately pointless and a huge waste of time. So I'd rather stick to not going to games and pop on here to take the piss every few days.

Driving to work along Quinton Road, Cheylesmore this morning my spirits were lifted when I saw the sky blue ribbons down both side of the road. "Pointless" maybe but it reminded me that I am not a lone voice but part of a larger movement of like minded people. So, thank you to those who tied the ribbons.

chiefdave

Driving to work along Quinton Road, Cheylesmore this morning my spirits were lifted when I saw the sky blue ribbons down both side of the road. "Pointless" maybe but it reminded me that I am not a lone voice but part of a larger movement of like minded people. So, thank you to those who tied the ribbons.

I remember my Dad driving me to Cheylesmore shops after the cup final and there being people everywhere. Queued up with him to get a copy of the Pink and there was people running around celebrating, drivers honking their horns etc. Seems like a millions years ago now.

JohnWH

Don't shout me down for this suggestion:

There are a lot of arguments and counter-arguments etc about various protests and other actionable undertakings with the aim to actually get the football club back to playing in Coventry. Fantastic! But.... there's very little agreement about what could actually work, the impact, etc.

There seems to be a lot of untapped energy to "do-something," just not everyone sees the value of a protest, march, sabatoge, etc. Why not invest that energy, frothing from frustration and despair, into something more positive for the entire community?

I'm suggesting some sort of brand new Sky Blue Community Brigade that actively participates in volunteering on behalf of the elderly, plants trees, organizes city-walks to promote history, etc etc etc. Many on this site have pointed to the idea of a "club" being more than just a team, it's a community. So why not re-invest energy back into the community, and re-unite the fan base with non-football interests?

***This idea won't bring CCFC back from Northampton, but, shit I am tired of reading this forum and all the negativity. Atleast this is a positive action. Many are worried about a "lost generation" of Sky Blue fans, particularly the children (who will fall under the evil sway of PL teams, like ::choke:: Villa). This kind of idea promotes solidarity, active participation in the Sky Blue identity, and shows that a club is not just about the football, it's about how a club forms around a community.

letsallsingtogether

Best thing to do is do nothing don't go to matches don;t post on here Don't listen to the Radio don't Protest. desolve the Trust and, all go and watch another team or just go shopping,fishing or gardening........

If we all give up they will have nothing to sell., go bust and fuck off for ever.

Covstu

Come on be realistic that's not going to happen.
So the only avenue I see is by putting pressure on the football league. Get them up to sixfields where we can then do a protest. They are the only ones that can put any pressure on Sisu.

Totally agree, SISU wont speak to ACL, ACL wont speak to SISU, SISU wont speak to the Trust, ACL wont speak to the Trust, most fans don't trust the trust! The FL or the FA are the only people who have sufficient gravitas to get answers from SISU. Maybe 10000 complaints dropping on their door step might invite a reaction??

lewys33

Surely the only way we would get back is if they talked and agreed on a deal in some form?

In the end yes you are right, but its kind of a yes and no answer to that. Yes -they do obviously have to talk to get us back, no - they wont talk unless we "force" them to. They have said that.

lewys33

i answered you!

I can't quite work out if you were mocking me though. The joys of sitting behind a keyboard!

I wasn't after ideas to compete with CCFC fixtures, nor was I after "higher attendance than sixfields - pat on the back" sort of stuff. I (atleast aimed) at keeping this a serious thread aimed at things we can do to make everyone uncomfortable and try and force them to do a deal.

covcity4life

I can't quite work out if you were mocking me though. The joys of sitting behind a keyboard!

I wasn't after ideas to compete with CCFC fixtures, nor was I after "higher attendance than sixfields - pat on the back" sort of stuff. I (atleast aimed) at keeping this a serious thread aimed at things we can do to make everyone uncomfortable and try and force them to do a deal.

filling the ricoh whilst cov play at sixfields would get media attention i think and show everyone the laughing stock we are in

Nick

Administrator
He is the Leader of the "Attendees" backs them to the hilt, and belittles everyone else

Of course I do, Tim wouldn't send me a brown envelope every month if I didn't would he?

It could be worse, I could be a keyboard warrior and threaten people on the internet though because they have a different opinion. :(

What have I "belittled"?

You do realise that could be classed as Defamation?

NortonSkyBlue

The great thing about this post is that it shows up the lack of cohesion and ideas that we have and that plays into the hands of those who are sitting comfortably whilst destroying our club. We are not radical enough, we lack a mouthpiece and this forum should have been the place to find it.

All the ideas/suggestions/actions have failed to do bugger all in changing the outcome. Why is that? My belief is the level of discomfort felt by all parties involved is minimal, the potential threat has dissapated, everybody is content to do things at a pace that suits them with little comeback.

What we need is affirmative action to shake it up, to crank up the militancy and take them out of their comfort zone. Confrontation, flash mobs, hurting their business models and generally making their lives difficult. Actually doing to them what they have done to us.......all parties, no exceptions in my opinion, The FL, SISU, Council, ACL and the football club themselves.

jimmyhillsfanclub

RIGHT....I've just spoken to an Air-ads company in the north-west....

£700 + VAT will buy us a banner up to 20 characters (including spaces) in 7ft high RED letters & the plane to tow it for 15 mins flying time above, over & around a major North-west ground like Anfield, Goodison, Old Trafford or Ethiad on a match day....

so, all we need is £840 from the trust fighting fund & pick a televised premier league fixture....

Imagine "SEND US TO COVENTRY" flying over the Manc. Derby at OT as Sky do their pre-match waffle....

Even if Sky don't show it, 70,000 fans will see it and at least 1 of them is sure to put it on youtube......Viral-tastic

EDIT: Scratch the Manc Derby idea as its a night game...

Liverpool play Man City at Anfield in a crunch Sunday lunchtime Sky TV fixture in April.

....and anyone who says "yeah...but what will it actually achieve" can fuck off:D

Nick

Administrator

£700 + VAT will buy us a banner up to 20 characters (including spaces) in 7ft high RED letters & the plane to tow it for 15 mins flying time above, over & around a major North-west ground like Anfield, Goodison, Old Trafford or Ethiad on a match day....

so, all we need is £840 from the trust fighting fund & pick a televised premier league fixture....

Imagine "SEND US TO COVENTRY" flying over the Manc. Derby at OT as Sky do their pre-match waffle....

Even if Sky don't show it, 70,000 fans will see it and at least 1 of them is sure to put it on youtube......Viral-tastic

Liverpool play Man City at Anfield in a crunch Sunday lunchtime Sky TV fixture in April.

....and anyone who says "yeah...but what will it actually achieve" can fuck off:D

Save your money, $5 gets you this...

[video=youtube;grePdFUosFY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grePdFUosFY[/video]

ccfcway

what about the grand national, that must have a bigger national audience ?

dongonzalos

You can turn up to Sixfields for the Sheff Utd game if you like. Most will be going to Sheffield. :)

The question is, what will any of them achieve?

A mass walk out, it would get lots of press but the aim isn't press, it is getting us back to Coventry.

It is all well and good watching trends on surveys, getting a column in a news paper but media isn't the aim, getting us back to Coventry is.

Press attention is one thing that may help us get back. It seems to be getting Government ministers interested.

Users who are viewing this thread