Ideas (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Im losing the will to live just look at yourself how many times you have posted the same question. It can't be answered because nobody knows the outcome until it has been tried !!!
Nick what would you do or all of us as a collective that will achieve us getting back to cov ????????????????

At the minute, I don't know else I would have done it months ago wouldn't I.

It is all well and good saying "nobody knows the outcome until they try" and I also said fair play to the people who do try but the point still stands, most people will only get off their arse if they think it will make a difference.

skybluebeduff

So it wouldn't actually achieve anything? You just want everybody to agree with you.

How do we have the power to stop it? If you post up ideas on how the fans can stop it, I am pretty sure 99% will be behind you if they think they will work.

But your opinion is it won't change anything, mine is it will.

Agree to disagree?

Until proven otherwise.

sky blue john

Fisher does feel relatively comfortable during home
games and no1 gives him any shit. Packing out that dump for one game and one game only full of hostility would at least make the powers that be aware that the people opposing them (circa 98% of our fan base) haven't gone away. He would certainly squirm with 5,000 'Why' and 'When' signs in front of his fat (albeit with new crafted bearded) face.

Or perhaps buy tickets in the Away end? I know this gives them money but it would re-iterate the fact that we aren't willing to attend Shitfields (I'm pretty certain they've got the message). Possibly get the opposition on board so there isn't any animosity between the 2 sets of supporters? Crewe at Sixfields wouldn't be a bad shout, they normally only bring about 3 anyway.

Yes i would give them money for a one off game because we have to try everything. I don't think we need to take over the away supporters end.
I would also invite football league officials as guests to experiance first hand our peaceful demonstration !!!

skybluepm2

We played Crewe at Sixfields in December.

Would he squirm over why and when signs?

Ah of course we did. Stevenage @ home then!

The Why and When references were tongue in cheek, although I'm sure as hell he would feel as uncomfortable as hell with a packed out Sky Blue support giving him 90 minutes of shit.

Nick

Administrator
I agree giving him shit would make him feel uncomfortable, but what would that achieve? He would probably just get the stewards to walk with him somewhere else or eject people.

Is he just following orders and doing a job?

skybluebeduff

Why would they?

Really?

Media coverage would harm them.
Not one penny of income from the game won't hurt? (this years accounts show they can't keep the funding up for too long).
"They'll be back" my arse.

"Tonight on the football league show we have a first, a league club plays infront of 0 home fans"....

You telling me they wouldn't give a shit?

chiefdave

The question is, what will any of them achieve?

SISU clearly couldn't care less what we think so to a certain extent anything anyone does is pointless. Our only option really is things that will get press, especially at a national level. While I don't think any single protest will be the thing that changes everything keeping SISU in the spotlight does put pressure on the FL, the greater the pressure on them the more likely they are to apply pressure to SISU to demonstrate they really are building a new ground and have plans to move back to the 'Coventry area'.

In terms of attendance at Sixfields getting nobody to show up is unrealistic but there are points that I think would generate press, think under 1000 for a 'home game' would get some press and maybe that should be the next aim, then getting it under 500.

Target one game at Sixfields....

Lets have a sell out protest at one game only at Sixfields, Flags, Banners , Why/When etc, parade (peacefully) in front of the "Prawn Cocktail crowd" in the main stand area, make Timmy and his supporters so embarrased. Be seen on TV and media, march through Cobblerstown as well.

chiefdave

I agree giving him shit would make him feel uncomfortable, but what would that achieve?

For me not so much about giving him shit but if every game (and more than once a game) asked him the same reasonable questions that he should be able to answer what is he going to do? He'll have to refuse to answer as unlike on CWR he can't get them to quickly move onto the next question. He should be bombarded with questions about the new ground, the finances, not taking the ACL offer, why they need the freehold etc.

Would it make a difference? It most likely wouldn't see us suddenly move back but why should he get an easy ride?

WestEndAgro

SISU clearly couldn't care less what we think so to a certain extent anything anyone does is pointless. Our only option really is things that will get press, especially at a national level. While I don't think any single protest will be the thing that changes everything keeping SISU in the spotlight does put pressure on the FL, the greater the pressure on them the more likely they are to apply pressure to SISU to demonstrate they really are building a new ground and have plans to move back to the 'Coventry area'.

In terms of attendance at Sixfields getting nobody to show up is unrealistic but there are points that I think would generate press, think under 1000 for a 'home game' would get some press and maybe that should be the next aim, then getting it under 500.

I could name 4 or 5 on here who would need dragging out of Sixfields, it would look like a scene from "The Human Centepede"

Nick

Administrator
Lets have a sell out protest at one game only at Sixfields, Flags, Banners , Why/When etc, parade (peacefully) in front of the "Prawn Cocktail crowd" in the main stand area, make Timmy and his supporters so embarrased. Be seen on TV and media, march through Cobblerstown as well.

The thing with this is that it should be for people who won't go in as well.

mrbluesky87

Sadly I agree that many ideas and those ideas that have turned in to a reallity will not/have not changed SISU's mindset on the situation which is very very sad, they are so detached from supporters its unreal and hence why most on here vent their frustration at SISU rather than the council.

That said no business can survive on zero or very little income and have always believed if that no supporters chose to attend games they MAY have a re-think. The problem is that while they get 1.5 to 2k supporters each home game then sadly the club will be remodelled as such and the club will survive as a possible league 2 side, lets face it, over the coming year, I doubt we will have the likes of Murphy, Moussa, Baker, Fleck etc still here as they will become unaffordable.

lewys33

This isn't aimed at some "pat on the back" at least we tried type thing. I am asking for ideas that will truly put discomfort on all within the law of course.

p.s. I know my ideas were not the best, was more hoping they would just ignite more ideas!

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Why not instead of a "protest" have some sort of fun day. It wouldn't change a thing in terms of bringing us home but it might bring fans together.

skybluepm2

Yes i would give them money for a one off game because we have to try everything. I don't think we need to take over the away supporters end.
I would also invite football league officials as guests to experiance first hand our peaceful demonstration !!!

We certainly don't have anything to lose..If this gathers momentum it won't take long to sell out that dump! Peaceful but vocal protest aimed maliciously in the general direction of Scrotium. Black balloons, banners and maybe a foghorn. :thinking about:

Houdi

Invoking Godwin's Law I know , but the 2nd World War are never going to be won in a few days/months. It was always going to be a war of attrition. A boxing match maybe over in seconds with a knock out, however it is often a battle lasting 10/12/15 rounds. Whilst everyone craves a resolution to this nightmare, it has been clear for a while that 'SISU' won't go without a huge battle. However the vast majority of fans have remained absolutely resolute in their determination not to go to Sixfields, ever. They haven't broken our resolve, and I doubt they ever will. Slowly, painfully slowly at times , the battle is being won. Labovitch's lamentable radio interview recently and his bizarre rant at the Sky Blue trust, indicates an increasing desperation in their words and actions.
A confident organisation in control of events, and indeed confident of its future direction, would have set out clearly how the club would be financed in short/medium term, would have had no hesitation in naming its prospective ground options. You certainly don't even need an GSCE in basic accountancy to see that their figures simply don't stack up. No amount of false bravado, legal threats and bluster can alter the salient facts.

mrbluesky87

Invoking Godwin's Law I know , but the 2nd World War are never going to be won in a few days/months. It was always going to be a war of attrition. A boxing match maybe over in seconds with a knock out, however it is often a battle lasting 10/12/15 rounds. Whilst everyone craves a resolution to this nightmare, it has been clear for a while that 'SISU' won't go without a huge battle. However the vast majority of fans have remained absolutely resolute in their determination not to go to Sixfields, ever. They haven't broken our resolve, and I doubt they ever will. Slowly, painfully slowly at times , the battle is being won. Labovitch's lamentable radio interview recently and his bizarre rant at the Sky Blue trust, indicates an increasing desperation in their words and actions.
A confident organisation in control of events, and indeed confident of its future direction, would have set out clearly how the club would be financed in short/medium term, would have had no hesitation in naming its prospective ground options. You certainly don't even need an GSCE in basic accountancy to see that their figures simply don't stack up. No amount of false bravado, legal threats and bluster can alter the salient facts.

I agree 100%, however at what cost will the battle be won??

What state will the club be in when they leave??

J

Jack Griffin

Dare I say it? Alright I will, is he exhibiting a "bunker mentality"?

skybluepm2

My proposal is this..fill out Sixfields for one game and one game only. There shall be no detrimental effect on the players (it will galvanise them if anything rather than playing in front of so few). It must be done on a day where we can attract media coverage both in and outside the ground, perhaps Stevenage? We need to step up the fight because in recent weeks it has seriously tailed off probably due to the fact that our season on the pitch has done the same thing. Combine this with the idea of a mass walk out, (perhaps on 87 minutes in recognition of our finest hour) with 5,000 Tim Fisher masks on show. Where is the harm in trying something so simple which is so easy to achieve? People need to start backing and it will happen. Thoughts?

RoboCCFC90

Okay I was having a think on this last night, problem is most fans won't go into Sixfields based on their morale's and secondly most fans refuse to give the owners another penny while the Club is in Northampton (NOPM). However it sooned dawned on me the best thing to do would be to pack out the away end at a specific 'home' game, an example would be the MK Dons game.

For argument's sake MK Dons will bring 750 fans (quite local for them so they should bring a decent number), the Club will allocate 2,000 tickets to away Supporters, if fans of CCFC could take that number over 2,000 it would be epic, we could then quietly protest with a banner or something from inside and reveal CCFC Away shirts under Jacketrs, Coats, from Bags, etc.

I can see a problem with segregation of course, but if we are all nice and get along with MK Dons fans it shouldn't be an issue.

Spionkop

Fans naturally look to set ups like The Sky Blue Trust and even this forum for a lead. The Trust for all their good work are, in the words of a previous poster 'too cosy.' There's no passion. They organised the march. Good effort - but it was nearly a year ago.
This site is a terrific place for debate. But Nick - and I'm sure you are a decent bloke outside some of the nonsense that goes on here - you are a total wet blanket when it comes to getting our club back to Coventry. Everything, according to you, is not worth the effort - what good would it do kind of attitude. Where's the rallying call from you and the Trust? You mock people, put them down, any idea or proposal. You play your part in this breakup of the fans. Just a little positivity from you would be very welcome.
After all, this is THE place for City fans to get together online and we thank you for it - but your negativity is not helping.
The owners of the club are rotten to the core. We need to be more proactive. As that previous poster said, the trust are too cosy. And you Nick, set the tone here with unrelenting negativity. It's as if you are deliberately being awkward to provoke people.
As I said, nothing personal.

RoboCCFC90

It is still giving CCFC money though?

Yeah I guess it would be to an extent, however you're going to have that issue at any 'home'/away game.

Nick

Administrator
Fans naturally look to set ups like The Sky Blue Trust and even this forum for a lead. The Trust for all their good work are, in the words of a previous poster 'too cosy.' There's no passion. They organised the march. Good effort - but it was nearly a year ago.
This site is a terrific place for debate. But Nick - and I'm sure you are a decent bloke outside some of the nonsense that goes on here - you are a total wet blanket when it comes to getting our club back to Coventry. Everything, according to you, is not worth the effort - what good would it do kind of attitude. Where's the rallying call from you and the Trust? You mock people, put them down, any idea or proposal. You play your part in this breakup of the fans. Just a little positivity from you would be very welcome.
After all, this is THE place for City fans to get together online and we thank you for it - but your negativity is not helping.
The owners of the club are rotten to the core. We need to be more proactive. As that previous poster said, the trust are too cosy. And you Nick, set the tone here with unrelenting negativity. It's as if you are deliberately being awkward to provoke people.
As I said, nothing personal.

Rallying call for what? I am just a normal fan, I just happen to run this site. I am in no way some sort of "leader". I am the same as any other fan.

Negativity? I am just being realistic.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I think quite a few fans would shelve their morality for a single game, if the sole objective was to protest.

It's water off a duck's back to SISU. So, the focus of the protest should be the Football League.

Whoever you think is culpable in all this - or if you consider a number of parties, the balance of their blame - it's wrong the FL allow a city to be shorn of it's football club - with no realistic timescale published for return, and only a paper-mache iteration of what a stadium may look like, somewhere, at some point in the future gracing Fisher's bedroom

hill83

Rallying call for what? I am just a normal fan, I just happen to run this site. I am in no way some sort of "leader". I am the same as any other fan.

Negativity? I am just being realistic.

Yeah sort it out Nick. And while you are at it get me next week off work and iron my pants.

Users who are viewing this thread