Ideas (2 Viewers)

ajsccfc

Rallying call for what? Nick, if you have to ask that question...........
You set the tone here Nick. It's passionless. Not asking you to be a leader just some positivity.
As it is you are so defeatist about everything. Master of the put down.
The site might be a place for ideas, inspiration, planning.
Instead the tone you set - you call it being realistic - I call it fatalistic - gets us nowhere.

That's pretty much asking him to be a leader.

sky blue john

we may not get anywehere with SISU, so lets try the council route.

Has the Trust, CT, anyone for that matter asked the council what is on the table ?

I would be happy along with the football league to get the counsel invited also. Obviously we need to make this a peaceful event.

SkyblueBri

The only way to put pressure on SISU would be if we knew who the investors were, we could then target the protest along monetary lines re throwing good money after bad.
Unless today's parliamentary debate turns into law and investors are named we will never have a target to aim protests at, other than the SISU banner organization.l

skybluebeduff

we may not get anywehere with SISU, so lets try the council route.

Has the Trust, CT, anyone for that matter asked the council what is on the table ?

General question due to knowledge being limited as possible on this subject.

What can the council do now?

ccfcway

go public with what they are offering by way of a CCFC return on a short term basis.

They should publish the full offer on the table from them and or ACL and make it transparent.

Nick

Administrator
go public with what they are offering by way of a CCFC return on a short term basis.

They should publish the full offer on the table from them and or ACL and make it transparent.

I agree, if ACL say "this is what we are offering" then there is no denying it. Last thing we heard Tim Fisher said that ACL were merging rent / matchday and still charging shed loads and ACL said nothing. If ACL put it out there, nobody can argue anything can they.

sky blue john

Personally I don't think they can do anything but i'm willing to try anything that will appease and make something happen.
If you said to me a few months ago to attend a sixfields match, I would have told you to ....off.
We need all our fans to bend a little to achieve an objective we all want.

Matty_CCFC

I missed last years march, so why not repeat it again this year, white horse for us to follow into City Centre. Trust Where are you ?

ccfcway

I agree, if ACL say "this is what we are offering" then there is no denying it. Last thing we heard Tim Fisher said that ACL were merging rent / matchday and still charging shed loads and ACL said nothing. If ACL put it out there, nobody can argue anything can they.

Time for the CT to ask the council "whats the deal ?"

Simon over to you !

ccfcway

and that was months ago. Why are ACL / CCC being so quiet about it ?

chiefdave

Time for the CT to ask the council "whats the deal ?"

The council have released 2 statements on this, the gist of it is they will consider any reasonable offer but it's not possible to offer the unencumbered freehold. To me that's telling SISU to put an offer in and that hasn't happened.

Can't see the council making any more statements after the one in January saying they were moving on but would remain happy to listen to offers. Not much for them to add really.

J

Jack Griffin

I missed last years march, so why not repeat it again this year, white horse for us to follow into City Centre. Trust Where are you ?

Yeah, and I think this time I think the cameras will be there. It has to be while the weather is good..

ccfcway

The council have released 2 statements on this, the gist of it is they will consider any reasonable offer but it's not possible to offer the unencumbered freehold. To me that's telling SISU to put an offer in and that hasn't happened.

Can't see the council making any more statements after the one in January saying they were moving on but would remain happy to listen to offers. Not much for them to add really.

stalemate then ?

If we cant put pressure on ACL / CCC and we cant put pressure on SISU, where do we go but down ?

torchomatic

The other problem is whatever is said by either side is "taken out of context".

spot on, but how can the trust open dialogue if the club dont want dialogue with the trust ?

lewys33

God I wish I hadn't asked ...........

People are happy to bicker about "they should have done this, he should have said that" bla bla (I get dragged in to these at times as well) but we are where we are. People are too set in who is to blame rather than uniting in that we all want to be back in Coventry! This is already 13 pages of nothing will work, acl should do this, sisu did that bullshit.

People saying we should support dialogue with the club and ACL to get back to Coventry ....... are you serious?? I am quite happy to admit protests obviously haven't worked to the desired end result but if you are suggesting something like that would work you are deluded.

I couldn't give a shit if we block the roads in Coventry, Northampton, London or Nigeria! If something has a chance of working I think we should try it!

Last edited:

lewys33

Just post in bolded capitals on here. Should do the trick.

Only just picked up on this - cheers for your support mate! Just thought I would post it on here seeing as my pigeon broke its wing so air mail is unfortunately a non starter at the moment. My use of bold characters and capital letters is something I like to use for EFFECT and I was hoping this would rally the masses! Unfortunately the masses are wanking over Jeremy Kyle or something .....

Well, now that the SB Trust have been slagged off by Otiums latest idiot, Labovitch ....why don't they come out fighting....

mobilise!!

Use the fighting fund not for more cosy meetings down the squirrel, but how about raise more cash & add it to the fighting fund & spend it on....

1. A full page ad in the Daily Mirror.

2. A TV ad aired on Sky Sports during a high profile TV game.

3. a plane & banner combo.....a big banner reading "Send us to Coventry" being towed across the sky over Old Trafford just as the Manc derby kicks off

4. Resurrect my idea originally for the TV game against Sheff Utd.....Lets sell out Sixfields & then all walk out

Please feel free to poo poo all the above...

I think an advert in a national paper is a good idea. Maybe for the petition? However only the trust has the funds to back that up!

lewys33

Would you really want to spend thousands on an ad for the petition?

Surely it wouldn't cost that much? I am not going to suggest I know what the figure would be though! Obviously if it is then yh maybe give that 1 a miss! But possibly a few local papers then?

chiefdave

Surely it wouldn't cost that much? I am not going to suggest I know what the figure would be though! Obviously if it is then yh maybe give that 1 a miss! But possibly a few local papers then?

Full page in the Sun is over £50K + VAT from memory, you then get hit with other charges on top.

chiefdave

For a PL game on Sky Sports you'd probably be looking at peak rate so around £10K + VAT for 30 seconds.

Nick

Administrator

It would need a decent ROI / Conversion. Somebody more apt in marketing would be able to advise though I guess.

For an internet petition, you would be better off with PPC Online Advertising.

covcity4life

People are happy to bicker about "they should have done this, he should have said that" bla bla (I get dragged in to these at times as well) but we are where we are. People are too set in who is to blame rather than uniting in that we all want to be back in Coventry! This is already 13 pages of nothing will work, acl should do this, sisu did that bullshit.

People saying we should support dialogue with the club and ACL to get back to Coventry ....... are you serious?? I am quite happy to admit protests obviously haven't worked to the desired end result but if you are suggesting something like that would work you are deluded.

I couldn't give a shit if we block the roads in Coventry, Northampton, London or Nigeria! If something has a chance of working I think we should try it!

i answered you!

Nick

Administrator

Surely the only way we would get back is if they talked and agreed on a deal in some form?

sky blue john

Surely the only way we would get back is if they talked and agreed on a deal in some form?

Come on be realistic that's not going to happen.
So the only avenue I see is by putting pressure on the football league. Get them up to sixfields where we can then do a protest. They are the only ones that can put any pressure on Sisu.

standupforcity

Come on be realistic that's not going to happen.
So the only avenue I see is by putting pressure on the football league. Get them up to sixfields where we can then do a protest. They are the only ones that can put any pressure on Sisu.

Nice idea...but ....why is it the FL can put their foot down when it comes to re-naming Hull City, but they can't step in and prevent the complete destruction of a football club and it's history???

J

Jack Griffin

stalemate then ?

If we cant put pressure on ACL / CCC and we cant put pressure on SISU, where do we go but down ?

I was thinking the SBT should invite the FL to a forum to justify their decisions, no SISU & no CCC/ACL, just the FL and they can gauge the strength of feeling up close.
I imagine they'll refuse, but if they were publicly asked and declined the SBT will reasonably be able to say that they are unable to justify their stance to the fans.

J

Jack Griffin

Didn't they already do that? Sure someone did and the FL weren't interested.

I know they had a meeting with the FL 'in confidence', but frankly I disagree with such talks, it means that unpalatable facts are being kept under wraps & the people who should be making them clear to the fans let themselves get implicated.

Users who are viewing this thread