I went today (1 Viewer)

Astute

People obviously are going back as the attendance was higher.

At this rate Timothy will be right after 10 years of playing in Northampton.

lewys33

I know this thread is 18 pages on ........ and I can't be arsed to read all of them .......... but don't we all think its awful that people have to come on here now and justify why they are going to games?? These really are our darkest days .........

lewys33

1. I didn't give Shitzu my money we used a free ticket voucher we got when my son did the Sky Blues in the Community thing during the summer.
2. I took a flask so didn't give Shitzu any money for F&B
3. I didn't buy a programme.
4. Clarke and Wilson are fucking brilliant
5. It was cold
6. Journey was a little tedious.
7. Won't be going again.
8. That's it really.

I know this thread is 18 pages on ........ and I can't be arsed to read all of them .......... but don't we all think its awful that people have to come on here now and justify why they are going to games?? These really are our darkest days .........

torchomatic

You're right. After posting I did think why am I justifying myself to a bunch of strangers? I don't have to.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

italiahorse

You're right. After posting I did think why am I justifying myself to a bunch of strangers? I don't have to.

Why do people on here have to come on and tell us they are going ? Just go and enjoy.
If you start a thread on here to tell us why you are going then surely people will tell you why they are not going.

If you don't like the heat stay out of the kitchen.

torchomatic

Why do people on here have to come on and tell us they are going ? Just go and enjoy.
If you start a thread on here to tell us why you are going then surely people will tell you why they are not going.

Similarly don't tell us in every post you have lost interest and are finished with the club.

sky blue john

You're right. After posting I did think why am I justifying myself to a bunch of
strangers? I don't have to.

I think you were looking for a pardon for your actions ?
Lets call it 10 hail Mary's and 20 our fathers then we can call it quits !!

torchomatic

I think you were looking for a pardon for your actions ?
Lets call it 10 hail Mary's and 20 our fathers then we can call it quits !!

From you lot? No. I dont care what you think.

Nick

Administrator

Why do people come on a Coventry City Football Forum and tell us why they are going to watch Coventry City play football? What utter bastards, I don't know how they have the nerve to be honest!

I am just going to go onto a Cat owners forum to tell them I don't have a cat in every thread and that I don't like cats.

italiahorse

Similarly don't tell us in every post you have lost interest and are finished with the club.

Get it right,
If the club "really" go for a new stadium I will stop supporting.
Not prepared to wait 5 years for a 12,000 stadium outside Coventry with even more debt.

italiahorse

Why do people come on a Coventry City Football Forum and tell us why they are going to watch Coventry City play football? What utter bastards, I don't know how they have the nerve to be honest!

I am just going to go onto a Cat owners forum to tell them I don't have a cat in every thread.

Another misquote.
I'm saying if you come on here to tell everybody why you go to Sixfields you should expect others to tell you why you shouldn't.
Torch is putting up his reasons for going so surely he will expect some banter on it from people who have decided not to go. If not why post ?

lewys33

I am just going to go onto a Cat owners forum to tell them I don't have a cat in every thread and that I don't like cats.

Well you have definitely given me ideas to get through the day, ta muchly!

sky blue john

Get it right,
If the club "really" go for a new stadium I will stop supporting.
Not prepared to wait 5 years for a 12,000 stadium outside Coventry with even more debt.

Well going by the latest set of accounts there is about 20million extra unqualified debt which looks likely to be fees interest to that extremely friendly can't do enough for us bunch the Arvo Master Fund !!!!!!!!
This slightly puts in the the shade in comparison the mere 1.3 million a year rent issue !!!
Hold on we actually got something tangible we got to play in a 32k stadium for 1.3million.
What did we get for Arvo's 20 million ?

Last edited:

italiahorse

From you lot? No. I dont care what you think.

You must do, as you post a view and then moan when someone challenges it.

To be honest we all care about CCFC and this forum is a good way of venting off rather than sitting in isolation in a situation where fans are helpless.
A bit of banter helps as long as it does not get personal.

torchomatic

You must do, as you post a view and then moan when someone challenges it.

To be honest we all care about CCFC and this forum is a good way of venting off rather than sitting in isolation in a situation where fans are helpless.
A bit of banter helps as long as it does not get personal.

Dirt, scum, scabs. It does get personal. That's not banter.

Grendel

That is a bit of an odd statement, considering the first post of this thread.

No it isn't odd. He, I think, has a similar view to me on the whole situation and so his and nicks perspectives on attendance are interesting.

If I go at all I will also post my views on the experience. I certainly will not be doing it out if guilt - I am totally single minded and don't do guilt.

The comments levied back were not banter. The insults and accusations were deranged and totally out of proportion.

Ashdown1

Someone comes on SBT to tell the cyber world where he has been and what he thought of it and then states that actually he doesn't care what anyone thinks at all and discards their opinions anyway..........................

olderskyblue

The comments levied back were not banter. The insults and accusations were deranged and totally out of proportion.

Do you ever look back at your own comments on this forum?

Nick

Administrator
There wasn't anybody at sixfields filled with hate though, I didn't walk near the hill as we parked at the other side but from a distance they observed the silence, cheered and clapped while they were there.

Are the scab brigade going to be shouting it at the Firemen who have chosen to work during the strikes?

sky blue john

There wasn't anybody at sixfields filled with hate though, I didn't walk near the hill as we parked at the other side but from a distance they observed the silence, cheered and clapped while they were
there.

Are the scab brigade going to be shouting it at the Firemen who have chosen to work during the strikes?

Maybe maybe not but there will definitely other fireman who are striking will call them scabs.
Their was a big fire Friday afternoon with 30 fire engines in Dagenham and it was announced on the radio come 6pm they would walk away from it !!!

lewys33

No it isn't odd. He, I think, has a similar view to me on the whole situation and so his and nicks perspectives on attendance are interesting.

If I go at all I will also post my views on the experience. I certainly will not be doing it out if guilt - I am totally single minded and don't do guilt.

I can't possibly comment on what other people have said. 1. I can't be bothered to read the other pages in this thread, because quite simply, a thread which starts with somebody explaining why they went to a football game shouldn't get this far. 2. Because of reason number 1 I have not seen what people have said. I can imagine some have got a bit personal, but you just gotta leave those to their own opinions/crayons.

My personal view however is that by starting this thread and then saying "I don't care what people think" is simply idiotic. If you don't care what people think there is no need to justify why you went. If you want to talk about the experience that is fine.

torchomatic

Was I an idiot? Probably. However, if I'd started the thread with a simple "I went today" I'm sure you can imagine the reaction from the more rabid posters which is why I explained that I'd not paid and not given a cent to SISU. However, as this thread progressed and comments on other threads I did think to myself that I didn't have to explain. On reflection, I should just have gone and not said a word.

My personal view however is that by starting this thread and then saying "I don't care what people think" is simply idiotic. If you don't care what people think there is no need to justify why you went. If you want to talk about the experience that is fine.

Last edited:

Covstu

Was I an idiot? Probably. However, if I'd started the thread with a simple "I went today" I'm sure you can imagine the reaction from the more rabid posters which is why I explained that I'd not paid and not given a cent to SISU. However, as this thread progressed and comments on other threads I did think to myself that I didn't have to explain. On reflection, I should just have gone and not said a word.

Probably best matey, i cannot believe you got nearly 22 pages of crap though.....

torchomatic

It would probably have been 44 pages of crap if I hadn't "explained" myself. Damned if you do...etc.

Probably best matey, i cannot believe you got nearly 22 pages of crap though.....

olderskyblue

I was quite interested in Torch's views on it to be honest. Don't see why his view on the day should not be mentioned on a CCFC forum?

People will make their own choices on whether to go or not, and i'm sure most have perfectly valid reasons why they do go, be it "have to support the lads" or whatever, and I can understand that.

Mind you, when I win the euro millions, and buy the club, and move it back to the Ricoh, all those that have attended sixfields will be banned... ;)

italiahorse

I was quite interested in Torch's views on it to be honest. Don't see why his view on the day should not be mentioned on a CCFC forum?

People will make their own choices on whether to go or not, and i'm sure most have perfectly valid reasons why they do go, be it "have to support the lads" or whatever, and I can understand that.

Mind you, when I win the euro millions, and buy the club, and move it back to the Ricoh, all those that have attended sixfields will be banned... ;)

The reason is that everybody wants to go and support the lads but can't for many physical and personal reasons.

To be honest Torch just seems to be giving it a go for the sake of trying it so I have no issues whatsoever. I might have done the same if my lad got the tickets as an achievement.!!
But those that come on and say " I go all the time, the team are playing brilliant, couldn't happen at the Ricoh, atmosphere fantastic etc etc " will get a a reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread