I look forward to CRFC promotion.... (1 Viewer)

theferret

Apologies if this has been posted already, and I know there are a million threads already, but seriously? Have the council every thought about promoting our own Rugby club in this way? This whole thing is seriously fucked up.

ccc.jpg

duffer

Man, that pisses me off.

Are the council going to promote other sports clubs, events and local businesses on their official site now, or the only the ones where they need to get a half-decent attendance to try to justify a fundamentally immoral decision.

As the OP says, when was the last time they did anything like this for the clubs that actually had something to do with the city.

RFC

Make a nice change for them to promote CCFC, especially as they were so critical when the Club moved to Northampton!

Truth is they couldn't give a 'fig', no wonder the Ricoh doesn't feel like home (and truly never has).

Never mind Sky Blues fan and Councilor Maton "says it's a good deal" and won't affect CCFC, not much it won't!

Sooner we're out of there, the better.

Nick

Administrator
It is just business!

It is good to see priorities though about looking after their own.

I will wait "oh but sisu are nasty pasties so why would they?" comments.

theferret

Make a nice change for them to promote CCFC, especially as they were so critical when the Club moved to Northampton!

Truth is they couldn't give a 'fig', no wonder the Ricoh doesn't feel like home (and truly never has).

Never mind Sky Blues fan and Councilor Maton "says it's a good deal" and won't affect CCFC, not much it won't!

Sooner we're out of there, the better.

That's the same Councillor Maton who today declared that it would be much better if Coventry stopped receiving funding direct funding from Westminster, including development cash through our own LEP, and should instead support diverting all that money to a regional assembly based in Greater Birmingham. The man is an idiot.

NorthernWisdom

That's the same Councillor Maton who today declared that it would be much better if Coventry stopped receiving funding direct funding from Westminster, including development cash through our own LEP, and should instead support diverting all that money to a regional assembly based in Greater Birmingham. The man is an idiot.

Ye-es, was just reading that.

On the plus side, a wider reaching authority would mean CCFC could set up in Northfield and still be in the council boundaries...

Otis

Could have worded your thread title a bit better, ferret. I was thinking of Cov rugby's promotion to a higher league.

Otis

Some will still defend them, we can only hope Wasps fall flat on their face and it is a total disaster for them.

750 Wasps fans came to the Ricoh the other day to have a look around the place and for a Q&A session.

hill83

I-am-rich-floyd-mayweather-throwing-money.gif

torchomatic

Nah, they will just ignore the thread. They'll be a few notable absentees I'm sure. As others have noted why not promote clubs from the City?

Some will still defend them, we can only hope Wasps fall flat on their face and it is a total disaster for them.

Nick

Administrator
Nah, they will just ignore the thread. They'll be a few notable absentees I'm sure. As others have noted why not promote clubs from the City?

Because SISU deserve it of course, they are nasty pasties! Would you want to promote them? ;)

chiefdave

Would be nice to see us, Cov RFC and anything else going on in the city on there. Not really in the habit of checking the CCC website, is this a type of thing they've not done before?

Someone in the marketing department needs to get on the phone and get us on there, maybe the Xmas promotion would be a good oppertunity.

Ian1779

Would be nice to see us, Cov RFC and anything else going on in the city on there. Not really in the habit of checking the CCC website, is this a type of thing they've not done before?

Someone in the marketing department needs to get on the phone and get us on there, maybe the Xmas promotion would be a good oppertunity.

Sadly i get the impression 'hell would have to freeze over' first...

wingy

They are going for It again this season ,I reckon the can make the Championship .

Although talking to my CRFC mate regulars they still think It may be a step too far this season ..

Can't believe how I've got Into It ,thank you Mr fisher .

Away @ Bladen tomorrow ,with a night out In Newcastle for those Inclined .

Grendel

Worth making a call, if CCC refuse they could 'accidentally' make sure everyone knows they have refused.

For all we know the council could have asked them to put the ad in.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Somebody on the phone in sent a text saying we should protest outside the Ricoh on the 21st of December,my protesting days are on hold at the moment so I wont be there either inside or out. Can I suggest that the people who are moaning the most about the effect this will have on Cov consider actually finding out where the Butts is,and then go to a game. I've been twice this season and am going to more,not going to all Citys away games like I did last season. Wont go to Wasps games but know people that are,hope Cov crowds go up and they do get promoted even if they don't will still go up to watch them its nice to go to a game in Coventry where the club is so welcoming makes a change.

torchomatic

I think they'll be a lot of spluttering and excuses on this thread - as Dave has already shown. It is such an odd thing to do for CCC. Why on earth would they advertise an event which has nothing to do with them? They've never done it for us or for CRFC. It seems really odd.

For all we know the council could have asked them to put the ad in.

torchomatic

Nice bit of swerving. What about the ad? How do you feel about that?

Somebody on the phone in sent a text saying we should protest outside the Ricoh on the 21st of December,my protesting days are on hold at the moment so I wont be there either inside or out. Can I suggest that the people who are moaning the most about the effect this will have on Cov consider actually finding out where the Butts is,and then go to a game. I've been twice this season and am going to more,not going to all Citys away games like I did last season. Wont go to Wasps games but know people that are,hope Cov crowds go up and they do get promoted even if they don't will still go up to watch them its nice to go to a game in Coventry where the club is so welcoming makes a change.

Grendel

I think they'll be a lot of spluttering and excuses on this thread - as Dave has already shown. It is such an odd thing to do for CCC. Why on earth would they advertise an event which has nothing to do with them? They've never done it for us or for CRFC. It seems really odd.

I know we laugh at Council Jack but Chief Dave is right up there in the council apologist charts.

The Lurker

Nice bit of swerving. What about the ad? How do you feel about that?

U do make me laugh. You swerve most sisu threads when it shows them up. Maybe wasps asked them? Bit like the telegraph article which everyone kicked a fuss over. Free radio advertising wasps today as was CWR. You going to question them too? Maybe wasps marketing are showing ccfc how it's done. Bit like this site. If only sisu had promoted the Ricoh like this http://www.waspsnewhome.co.uk

Grendel

U do make me laugh. You swerve most sisu threads when it shows them up. Maybe wasps asked them? Bit like the telegraph article which everyone kicked a fuss over. Free radio advertising wasps today as was CWR. You going to question them too? Maybe wasps marketing are showing ccfc how it's done. Bit like this site. If only sisu had promoted the Ricoh like this http://www.waspsnewhome.co.uk

Yeah they may have sold 3,000 tickets .

chiefdave

I think they'll be a lot of spluttering and excuses on this thread - as Dave has already shown.

Not excusing them in any way. Just saying if they've done it for Wasps they should do it for us and rather than waiting around to be asked someone from the clubs marketing department should be straight on the phone asking for it to happen. It's not that difficult to make it known if they get turned down out of hand, a loaded question at an SCG meeting for example would be an easy way to let everyone know if the council say no.

For me one of the biggest problems generally is the club don't force the councils hand on any issue. They should be taking every opportunity to apply pressure and paint the council in a bad light but they really don't help themselves. Look at the comments around the bid for 50%. Rather than just saying we want 50% and leaving it at that, which surely every fan would get behind and pressure the council on, they add on that they'd still move out in a couple of years. They've had a lot of opportunity, especially in the last few weeks, to work on getting people, if not behind SISU, at least more critical of the council but at every opportunity they seem to say they worst thing possible and shoot themselves in the foot.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Oh forgot about the ad sorry people,apparantly CCC have had ads for CCFC and The Blaze before,probably don't have CCFC ads in at the moment because CCFC credit facility suspended at the moment,you know how it is cash only. I don't care about the ads don't read CCC publications why would I? Don't like the whole idea of Wasps coming here,but they are here now and whether we like it or not from the 21/12 they will be a Coventry team,and their crowds will get bigger, I wont be going to watch them unless its an away game for Cov its up to the Coventry public to support Cov when they can.

torchomatic

Radio stations advertising? Well, you could knock me down with a feather. Whatever next?

Have you ever known a local authority promoting a sports team in this way? A team that has ZERO do with the the authority or the City? I expect one of your usual rants rather than an answer, but it is a bit odd, isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread