I look forward to CRFC promotion.... (1 Viewer)

The Lurker

Not excusing them in any way. Just saying if they've done it for Wasps they should do it for us and rather than waiting around to be asked someone from the clubs marketing department should be straight on the phone asking for it to happen. It's not that difficult to make it known if they get turned down out of hand, a loaded question at an SCG meeting for example would be an easy way to let everyone know if the council say no.

For me one of the biggest problems generally is the club don't force the councils hand on any issue. They should be taking every opportunity to apply pressure and paint the council in a bad light but they really don't help themselves. Look at the comments around the bid for 50%. Rather than just saying we want 50% and leaving it at that, which surely every fan would get behind and pressure the council on, they add on that they'd still move out in a couple of years. They've had a lot of opportunity, especially in the last few weeks, to work on getting people, if not behind SISU, at least more critical of the council but at every opportunity they seem to say they worst thing possible and shoot themselves in the foot.

Speaking sense again. So true. Sisu could have used the wasps move to there advantage and took the council to the cleaners. Instead still spouting shit.

Simple question. More people on here seemed more bothered about wasps then they do sisu. In reality the wasps move hardly effects ccfc. Whereas sisu are wrecking the club. But let the usual suspects carry on being anti council instead venting there anger on the real problem. Sisu and particulary fisher

chiefdave

Yeah they may have sold 3,000 tickets .

Apparently they're already knocking out cheap tickets to Ricoh staff, sure you'll be seeing the same at JLR. If they don't get a decent crowd for the first game its going to be a hell of job to get more people in after that. You only have to look at our first game back for that, once the buzz of something new has gone the sell is a lot harder. Get a big crowd in who have a good time and they could get somewhere, get a poor crowd in and it could be downhill from there.

torchomatic

The Lurker

Radio stations advertising? Well, you could knock me down with a feather. Whatever next?

Have you ever known a local authority promoting a sports team in this way? A team that has ZERO do with the the authority or the City? I expect one of your usual rants rather than an answer, but it is a bit odd, isn't it?

But it's a local station which as you say has zero to do with? Read above. Council have advertised ccfc before. As they probably promoted all music gigs the Ricoh have staged. You must be clutching at straws to try and dig out the council. Like I said if fans actually vented there anger more at sisu then the council then maybe this club would be in a better position.

Ashdown

I think the council are going to look a load of chumps if there are not at least 12,000 for this opening game.

torchomatic

Not heard the radio, so what did CWR say? How were they "advertising"? As for Free Radio, they are a commercial station and would advertise a brothel if they could get enough money. And you say with confidence that CCC have advertised CCFC before. When was that? What was the occasion? To be honest, I don't believe it. Council's don't tend to have advertising on their sites unless it is for their own events.

But it's a local station which as you say has zero to do with? Read above. Council have advertised ccfc before. As they probably promoted all music gigs the Ricoh have staged. You must be clutching at straws to try and dig out the council. Like I said if fans actually vented there anger more at sisu then the council then maybe this club would be in a better position.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

I think the council are going to look a load of chumps if there are not at least 12,000 for this opening game.

I suspect there will be tbh, and more besides. They may be unethical swines, but they do seem to have grasped the concept of perception and bums on seats... and making sure that happens first out.

Concluding whether it works in financial terms or not on one game will be the danger however, if they have 30,000 or 3,000 it won't necessarily tell us much... although chiefdave is quite right, the higher the first gate, the easier it'll be for Wasps to sell the dream long term!

torchomatic

Yeah, agree with that. I think the first game will - unfortunately - have quite a healthy attendance. Who knows after that?

I suspect there will be tbh, and more besides. They may be unethical swines, but they do seem to have grasped the concept of perception and bums on seats... and making sure that happens first out.

Concluding whether it works in financial terms or not on one game will be the danger however, if they have 30,000 or 3,000 it won't necessarily tell us much... although chiefdave is quite right, the higher the first gate, the easier it'll be for Wasps to sell the dream long term!

torchomatic

The Lurker

Not heard the radio, so what did CWR say? How were they "advertising"? As for Free Radio, they are a commercial station and would advertise a brothel if they could get enough money. And you say with confidence that CCC have advertised CCFC before. When was that? What was the occasion? To be honest, I don't believe it. Council's don't tend to have advertising on their sites unless it is for their own events.

Sports news was saying how tickets are available for sale as of today for the wasps game. Same as free radio. Free advertisement from local radio. It's terrible isn't it. So it's not just he council promoting Tickets.

torchomatic

That's isn't "advertising" from CWR. That's called Sports News. They are simply saying tickets are for sale.

Don't forget to let me know how the CC website has advertised CCFC matches in the past.

Sports news was saying how tickets are available for sale as of today for the wasps game. Same as free radio. Free advertisement from local radio. It's terrible isn't it. So it's not just he council promoting Tickets.

duffer

Yep, but I can't recall the Council promoting CCFC or CRFC this way, which makes it look a tad unusual.

It's almost as if they're worried that Wasps won't be particularly well attended and the City won't be bringing in £6m a game etc.. How awkward if this is how you justified at least in part, the sale.

As for that banner ad on the CCC website, it cycles through Wasps/Roadworks/Adoption. No other private advertiser anywhere to be seen on there.

And private advertising through the council, that seems to limited to publications like Citivision and Lampost banners. No mention of advertising on the website, so are Wasps paying for this do you think? Either way, I'm sure that they'll now open it up to CCFC and CRFC and anyone else who wants to promote themselves there, right?

I wouldn't ever class myself as anti-council, but again this is unworthy. Either promote all of the Coventry-based teams, or none of them.

CCC_Advertising.jpg

The Lurker

That's isn't "advertising" from CWR. That's called Sports News. They are simply saying tickets are for sale.

Don't forget to let me know how the CC website has advertised CCFC matches in the past.

Isn't that what the council are doing? So okay for CWR to promote tickets not the council. Double standards lol

torchomatic

Lol? Not sure if you're missing the point on purpose. CWR were NOT advertising as the BBC don't advertise. It was sports news.

CCC are advertising. This is strange as CC do NOT usually do this. My job involves local authority websites and despite you saying they have done this for CCFC in the past (though not proved) it's not something i have ever seen. Without exception they advertise their own events and services. NEVER anything from a private company.

I agree with your last point though. Double standards.

Isn't that what the council are doing? So okay for CWR to promote tickets not the council. Double standards lol

RFC

They might be worried about the £14m debt they've foisted off on WASPS to be repaid over 20 yrs & not the 43yrs the Council arranged & agreed with ACL.

Will it ever be repaid?

Are the other 50% lease holders culpable if WASPS default? (ie. Higgs or SISU or whoever?)

Do CCC or ACL (for that matter want CCFC @ Ricoh?). Answer NO!

CCC were so desperate to attract CCFC back to the Ricoh WHY?

How long had they been in negotiations & talks with WASPS before the Sky Blues return?

Basically CCC are lying and throughout this whole debacle few if any have told the truth. Would I trust any of the parties incvloved here, simple answer NO!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

They might be worried about the £14m debt they've foisted off on WASPS to be repaid over 20 yrs & not the 43yrs the Council arranged & agreed with ACL.

Will it ever be repaid?

Are the other 50% lease holders culpable if WASPS default? (ie. Higgs or SISU or whoever?)

Do CCC or ACL (for that matter want CCFC @ Ricoh?). Answer NO!

CCC were so desperate to attract CCFC back to the Ricoh WHY?

How long had they been in negotiations & talks with WASPS before the Sky Blues return?

Basically CCC are lying and throughout this whole debacle few if any have told the truth. Would I trust any of the parties incvloved here, simple answer NO!

Why were the FL insistant that CCFC went back to the Ricoh?

Why did CCFC only want a one year deal? Do you think this is why the deal with Wasps might have been concluded?

By the way I've now sussed out who you are or where you're getting your non info from, if its not you I will be seeing him before the game on Sunday.

Hobo

It is just business!

It is good to see priorities though about looking after their own.

I will wait "oh but sisu are nasty pasties so why would they?" comments.

No I agree Nick, CCC should be promoting their own like CCFC and CRC. It seems like it is one rule for some and not the others.

letsallsingtogether

Nice bit of swerving. What about the ad? How do you feel about that?

Well apparently they will promote any sports team from the area that ask for it apparently have already promoted CCFC and CRFC.(mentioned on CWR) And to be fair I would never have known if it wasn't mentioned on here as I don't visit that site.

Still not right!!

As mentioned earlier in this thread, you can all protest outside the Ricoh at the Wasps first game let them know how you feel.

If you feel that strongly then let them know.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Lots of the uses of the word "apparently" i see, but again no proof from Lurker or anyone else. As i said this is extremely unusual for a Council site. And, at the end of the day, should not happen anyway. Not for us and not for anyone.

martcov

The best Way to get CCFC mentioned would be to announce that CCFC have dropped the stadium plan and have committed themselves to Coventry. Great City, sports orientated, great stadium, bright future etc etc. I think the council would love to hear that and would gladly plaster their website with Tim's smiling face and CCFC banners. If you go round saying you can't work with the council and are taking CCFC to an area where they are treated better, then the council will probably not give you prominence on their web site.

MichaelCCFC

Well apparently they will promote any sports team from the area that ask for it apparently have already promoted CCFC and CRFC.(mentioned on CWR) And to be fair I would never have known if it wasn't mentioned on here as I don't visit that site.

Still not right!!

As mentioned earlier in this thread, you can all protest outside the Ricoh at the Wasps first game let them know how you feel.

If you feel that strongly then let them know.

I'm still waiting for Andeasb to say he's going to lead the campaign!

theferret

Lots of the uses of the word "apparently" i see, but again no proof from Lurker or anyone else. As i said this is extremely unusual for a Council site. And, at the end of the day, should not happen anyway. Not for us and not for anyone.

I visit the council site regularly, usually 3 or 4 times a week to have a nosey at any new planning applications. I have NEVER seen CCFC, CRC or any other private company promoted on that site. This is unprecedented and to suggest otherwise is a big fat lie.

GingerSimon

Buzzzzz

Rightly or wrongly, it's a historic occasion for the (City of) Coventry so of course the council will promote the first game - it is going to bring £ eleventy billion into the local economy after all.
If they continue to promote after the first match then surely that will be the time for Michael and Rob_S (backed up by GMK commandos) to storm the council house dressed in protective gear ( bee keepers outfits? ) and spray wasp repellent in the general direction of Ann Lucas et al, making sure that multi award winning journo Sir Les Reid is on hand for another free newspaper EXCLUSIVE!

torchomatic

Well, you certainly don't hide which side your bread is buttered!

You're right, it is an historic occasion but nothing to be celebrated. The Council shouldn't promote anything from a private company.

Rightly or wrongly, it's a historic occasion for the (City of) Coventry so of course the council will promote the first game - it is going to bring £ eleventy billion into the local economy after all.
If they continue to promote after the first match then surely that will be the time for Michael and Rob_S (backed up by GMK commandos) to storm the council house dressed in protective gear ( bee keepers outfits? ) and spray wasp repellent in the general direction of Ann Lucas et al, making sure that multi award winning journo Sir Les Reid is on hand for another free newspaper EXCLUSIVE!

Rusty Trombone

Well, you certainly don't hide which side your bread is buttered!

You're right, it is an historic occasion but nothing to be celebrated. The Council shouldn't promote anything from a private company.

I think the Council should help promote every business that aims to bring trade/money to Coventry.

torchomatic

I don't agree. They shiuld encourage business enterprise but they should not advertise one business over another.

I think the Council should help promote every business that aims to bring trade/money to Coventry.

wingy

Just for the record I was incorrect earlier in the thread ,they played Hartpury College away today and won again with last score of the game .

Coming from 21-3 down to win 23-21 ,think they're still stuck in 4th due to the to directly above them having 5 and 6 point advantages .

Will take six pointer wins over them to haul them In IMO.

Rusty Trombone

I don't agree. They shiuld encourage business enterprise but they should not advertise one business over another.

They should aim for equality wherever possible. What form should this encouragement take, and could that be seen as advertising the business?

Users who are viewing this thread