I look forward to CRFC promotion.... (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Enterprise zones, low rents, etc. That encourages business but it doesn't push or advertise one over another. I know you are desperate not to criticise the Council, but putting an advert on their homepage is a bit of a shocker.

They should aim for equality wherever possible. What form should this encouragement take, and could that be seen as advertising the business?

Grendel

They should aim for equality wherever possible. What form should this encouragement take, and could that be seen as advertising the business?

Well the cynic in me suggests they are advertising it as they want to succeed above anything else - purely for the sake of political expediency and nothing to do with supporting commercial enterprise .

I mean get real. Why do t they promote small local businesses on the site - why don't they actively promote local enterprise. Your blatant council bias is disturbing.

Rusty Trombone

I think the Council should help promote every business that aims to bring trade/money to Coventry.

Well the cynic in me suggests they are advertising it as they want to succeed above anything else - purely for the sake of political expediency and nothing to do with supporting commercial enterprise .

I mean get real. Why do t they promote small local businesses on the site - why don't they actively promote local enterprise. Your blatant council bias is disturbing.

You should see from my first post that we agree on this, your blatant disregard of what some people write to further your anti council bias is disturbing.

Rusty Trombone

Enterprise zones, low rents, etc. That encourages business but it doesn't push or advertise one over another. I know you are desperate not to criticise the Council, but putting an advert on their homepage is a bit of a shocker.

I'm criticising the Council as I think they should promote local businesses more.

torchomatic

Well for start then they should stop advertising a team that is anything but local.

I'm criticising the Council as I think they should promote local businesses more.

Lol? Not sure if you're missing the point on purpose. CWR were NOT advertising as the BBC don't advertise. It was sports news.

CCC are advertising. This is strange as CC do NOT usually do this. My job involves local authority websites and despite you saying they have done this for CCFC in the past (though not proved) it's not something i have ever seen. Without exception they advertise their own events and services. NEVER anything from a private company.

I agree with your last point though. Double standards.

Clearly you know a thing or two about Council websites http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/

martcov

Well for start then they should stop advertising a team that is anything but local.

But you would advocate advertising a team whose owners publicly say that they can't work with the council and are taking their team away from Coventry. Hardly good advertising on a web site designed to enhance Coventry. As I have said before, the only way to get the backing of CCC is to commit to playing in Coventry ( negotiate the best terms possible or buy into the stadium ) and drop the JR. Then CCC would have to give the same prominence to CCFC.

Rusty Trombone

So are CCFC, so is Primark, so is Hillfields.

Yep, I agree all businesses should have the same opportunity to be promoted. To promote one company on the Council website at the expense of all others is not something I agree with, as I've written before.

Nick

Administrator
But you would advocate advertising a team whose owners publicly say that they can't work with the council and are taking their team away from Coventry. Hardly good advertising on a web site designed to enhance Coventry. As I have said before, the only way to get the backing of CCC is to commit to playing in Coventry ( negotiate the best terms possible or buy into the stadium ) and drop the JR. Then CCC would have to give the same prominence to CCFC.

So why aren't they advertising Cov Rugby? What have their owners done?

martcov

So why aren't they advertising Cov Rugby? What have their owners done?

I think the idea is show visitors to the site that businesses ( in this case a well known sports club ) are coming into Coventry. It reflects positively on the city and is therefore good news ( for most of the population of Coventry ). The fact that we have existing sports clubs is not news. In the case of the CCFC stance of " we're leaving ", promoting them would negate the good news value of a sports business coming in. No point.

torchomatic

I have said that they should also then do it for us and CRFC but ultimately they should NOT do it for anyone as that is not the remit of the council. They have already dirtied their hands by doing the deal they do not need to advertise the fact.

And really there is no need to advertise Wasps. People in Cov already know they are here and those wanting to attend will visit the Wasps site.

I wonder if this kind if thing will still happen when CCC are part of the Super Birmungham authority?

dongonzalos

Man, that pisses me off.

Are the council going to promote other sports clubs, events and local businesses on their official site now, or the only the ones where they need to get a half-decent attendance to try to justify a fundamentally immoral decision.

As the OP says, when was the last time they did anything like this for the clubs that actually had something to do with the city.

I am sure this will get shot down but I think this business is likely to owe them 14 million pounds.
So they need the business to be successful.
So I am guessing that's why it is advertised?

torchomatic

Point missed again. This just does NOT happen despite the "apparently" from Lurker and LAST. This really is a shocking thing to do and rubs salt in to the wounds of CCFC, Wasps and CRFC fans. Well, most of them.

Imagine the uproar if Northampton council had done the same?

I am sure this will get shot down but I think this business is likely to owe them 14 million pounds.

Nick

Administrator

Surely they would only let the business be in a position to owe them 14 million if it was successful?

dongonzalos

Point missed again. This just does NOT happen despite the "apparently" from Lurker and LAST. This really is a shocking thing to do and rubs salt in to the wounds of CCFC, Wasps and CRFC fans. Well, most of them.

I never said whether it has happened before. I am explaining why it makes sense.
A business will potentially owe you 14 million so you want it to succeed. So you help advertise it.

dongonzalos

If Northampton had done it, it wouldn't have shocked me. I don't blame them for our move there I blame SISU and the FL.
like with this I blame wasps and the RFU.

dongonzalos

Surely they would only let the business be in a position to owe them 14 million if it was successful?

No harm in helping it.

I know if I leant someone a ten grand because I liked their business plan.
Then there was something I could do that helped them fulfil the plan.
I am unlikely to say I am not going to help. That would be a pretty dumb thing to do.

stupot07

Isn't there a bit of a 'product placement' issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

dongonzalos

It rubs salt in the wounds of most CCFC, wasps fans and CRFC fans?

Most fans didn't know about it its only someone putting it on here.
If it has upset most CCFC and CRFC fans you are talking around 35,000 people it has upset. So I am sure there will be phone ins people writing to the paper and it will get taken down.
As for upsetting most wasps fans I don't think they will be reading Cov councils web site.

The Lurker

I have said that they should also then do it for us and CRFC but ultimately they should NOT do it for anyone as that is not the remit of the council. They have already dirtied their hands by doing the deal they do not need to advertise the fact.

And really there is no need to advertise Wasps. People in Cov already know they are here and those wanting to attend will visit the Wasps site.

I wonder if this kind if thing will still happen when CCC are part of the Super Birmungham authority?

Dirted there hands??? Did you use those words when sisu moved us to sixfields about the Northampton owners? No don't think so

torchomatic

Yep. Said they were wrong and should take the majority of blame for our current position. And yes dirtied THEIR hand with franchising a football team while at the same time help to fuck over local ones. Some feat that.

Still waiting for you to show me the ad for CCFC on the CC site.

Dirted there hands??? Did you use those words when sisu moved us to sixfields about the Northampton owners? No don't think so

The Lurker

Yep. Said they were wrong and should take the majority of blame for our current position. And yes dirtied THEIR hand with franchising a football team while at the same time help to fuck over local ones. Some feat that.

What you blame Northampton over sisu for Cov moving? Lol you really are a muppet. How can I show a website page from years ago?

torchomatic

Ah, now you're getting it. Why would Wasps' fans or anyone remotely interested be looking at the Council site in the first place?

As for upsetting most wasps fans I don't think they will be reading Cov councils web site.

torchomatic

No, you can't read. I blame SISU, not Northampton.

Still waiting...

What you blame Northampton over sisu for Cov moving? Lol you really are a muppet. How can I show a website page from years ago?

The Lurker

And you really are pompous prick. Capsizing my grammar mistake. Bet it makes you feel so good

The Lurker

No, you can't read. I blame SISU, not Northampton.

Still waiting...

No you said Northampton owners are the main reason why. And like I said you can't show web pages from years ago

If only you made so much effort in Cov moving to sixfields like you are with wasps playing in Cov

torchomatic

No, i quote "did you use those words WHEN SISU..."

Ah, you better stick to "apparently" then if you can't prove your bullshit.

Anyway, i've got a Cup game to get ready for.

No you said Northampton owners are the main reason why. And like I said you can't show web pages from years ago

If only you made so much effort in Cov moving to sixfields like you are with wasps playing in Cov

Nick

Administrator

If only people backed the team as much as they did the council.

torchomatic

Nick

Administrator
I've got a season ticket and going today? What you trying to insinuate?

That some people spend more time going on about how SISU are bad / the council are good than actually supporting the team. I didn't necessarily mean you.

Users who are viewing this thread