I apologise for saying Matty James flatters to deceive (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

I think I'm going mad.

Today, I saw a midfield three that harried, shielded the defence, and passed highly erratically. Now, it wasn't the kind of tactics where you'd expect it to be precise passing, but it also wasn't the sort of game where you (I!) really noticed the difference between the player on Premier League wages, and the one from Leyton Orient.

In particular, there were a couple of attempts on the break where James managed to split both the forwards, picking neither one, nor the other.

So, while the midfield did a good job for the tactics, did James really stand out above the others so you'd say that yes, he deserves the higher salary? I'd say if that kind of game was the regular, then you'd go for somebody cheaper, with a better injury track record, who may not be as technically skilled but... would you actually notice it?

Today was not a day to disprove that he's a good player, yes, but is he a player that adds more to us than he gives away in other positions, given we're on a limited budget?

procdoc

I think I'm going mad.

Today, I saw a midfield three that harried, shielded the defence, and passed highly erratically. Now, it wasn't the kind of tactics where you'd expect it to be precise passing, but it also wasn't the sort of game where you (I!) really noticed the difference between the player on Premier League wages, and the one from Leyton Orient.

In particular, there were a couple of attempts on the break where James managed to split both the forwards, picking neither one, nor the other.

So, while the midfield did a good job for the tactics, did James really stand out above the others so you'd say that yes, he deserves the higher salary? I'd say if that kind of game was the regular, then you'd go for somebody cheaper, with a better injury track record, who may not be as technically skilled but... would you actually notice it?

Today was not a day to disprove that he's a good player, yes, but is he a player that adds more to us than he gives away in other positions, given we're on a limited budget?
We look a better team with James in it

Hobo

Is Grendel the most clueless poster on any forum, anywhere?

No he isn't he makes some good observations. But when he decides he doesnt rate someone there is no going back he sticks to it so doggedly. At times to embarrasing levels.

I dont know why someone who is articulate has to resort to cheap insults?

We have a squad of players of varying ability. We havent had an easy run with injuries. But the squad has shown great resolve and togetherness.

Players have come in and worked hard and managed to keep our season ticking over. Grendel isn't the only one who has been off the mark with OTT criticism. One thing Grendel hasnt done is be OTT with expectation which others have.

I was one who thought Biamou and Bakayoko were players we should have tried to off load in the summer. I can understand perhaps why they weren't? Especially in the case of Biamou he has come in under difficult circumstances and got some results. Maybe not goals but rolled his sleeves up and put the unsung graft in. That deserves credit. I think he did what he was asked to do today.

I was a big fan of us signing James and admitted he hadnt had the impact I had hoped. I do think we are starting to see the impact now and he is forging a good partnership with Kelly.

Gyokeres is also showing flashes of what he is capable of. He has needed time to get his season up and running - just like Godden and Walker with their stop start season.

I thought Robins got the selection, tactics and subs bang on today.

cc84cov

No he isn't he makes some good observations. But when he decides he doesnt rate someone there is no going back he sticks to it so doggedly. At times to embarrasing levels.

I dont know why someone who is articulate has to resort to cheap insults?

We have a squad of players of varying ability. We havent had an easy run with injuries. But the squad has shown great resolve and togetherness.

Players have come in and worked hard and managed to keep our season ticking over. Grendel isn't the only one who has been off the mark with OTT criticism. One thing Grendel hasnt done is be OTT with expectation which others have.

I was one who thought Biamou and Bakayoko were players we should have tried to off load in the summer. I can understand perhaps why they weren't? Especially in the case of Biamou he has come in under difficult circumstances and got some results. Maybe not goals but rolled his sleeves up and put the unsung graft in. That deserves credit. I think he did what he was asked to do today.

I was a big fan of us signing James and admitted he hadnt had the impact I had hoped. I do think we are starting to see the impact now and he is forging a good partnership with Kelly.

Gyokeres is also showing flashes of what he is capable of. He has needed time to get his season up and running - just like Godden and Walker with their stop start season.

I thought Robins got the selection, tactics and subs bang on today.
100%

Terry_dactyl

I really wouldn’t be unhappy with him and Gyo in for next year. Both of whom I’d questioned at times...Gyo especially.

Edit: I’ve just seen there’s a whole other thread on Gyo!

SBAndy

He looks substantially better than a couple of months back. Seems to have relationships with the players around him and knows where to be a bit more often. There was a period in the first half where I felt sorry for Stoke with him and Hamer pinging passes around.

no_loyalty

Barnsley's best player in the last 10 years, sign him up.

procdoc

Watford, who are set to go up this season, set out a whole game plan to nullify James. That should tell you how rated he is by his fellow professionals. We need to sign him permanently

Otis

I was very pleased when we got him. He makes playing football all so easy. He's intelligent on the ball and has calmness about him.

I just hope we can afford to keep him.

clint van damme

He looks substantially better than a couple of months back. Seems to have relationships with the players around him and knows where to be a bit more often. There was a period in the first half where I felt sorry for Stoke with him and Hamer pinging passes around.

Its almost as if some players can take time to settle into new club, new systems etc!

He was also vocal after QPR about being one of the more senior players and needing to step up to make sure that performances improved, looks like he was good as his word.

Evo1883

I'd rather keep Kelly than sheaf
We've established previously I didn't like sheaf .. I've persistently said this entire season he's been good .. I'm on the verge of putting your entire catalogue of bollocks into 1 thread and making you look a total c**t .. believe me there's lots

Ccfcisparks

We've established previously I didn't like sheaf .. I've persistently said this entire season he's been good .. I'm on the verge of putting your entire catalogue of bollocks into 1 thread and making you look a total c**t .. believe me there's lots
You asked me to find posts where you are wrong? I don’t know why you are getting agitated by something you told me to do?

Evo1883

You asked me to find posts where you are wrong? I don’t know why you are getting agitated by something you told me to do?
Cool you found 5 posts .. you had to stick with the 1 player theme though as to be fair , I didn't rate him .. he gave the ball away lots in stupid areas and cost us several goals last season , ot was hardly a shocking opinion .. this season he has been fantastic mostly definitely wouldn't keep Kelly..

Now , shall we do you ?

I can probably get about 40 , I already have about 15 and I've barely looked hard

Ccfcisparks

Cool you found 5 posts .. you had to stick with the 1 player theme though as to be fair , I didn't rate him .. he gave the ball away lots in stupid areas and cost us several goals last season , ot was hardly a shocking opinion .. this season he has been fantastic mostly dedicated telly wouldn't keep Kelly..

Now , shall we do you ?

No I never suggested you go through my posts? I know I’ve talked shite lol I’m just not bothered to admit I can be wrong like you

Evo1883

No I never suggested you go through my posts? I know I’ve talked shite lol I’m just not bothered to admit I can be wrong like you

Parks , as I've said , and what started this nonsense is isak isn't one of the worlds best u23 players ..

I can name several English, French and Spanish players better for starters .. are you implying this statement is incorrect ..

If you think so , go and look for yourself , then come back and we will talk again

Ccfcisparks

Parks , as I've said , and what started this nonsense is isak isn't one of the worlds best u23 players ..

I can name several English, French and Spanish players better for starters .. are you implying this statement is incorrect ..

If you think so , go and look for yourself , then come back and we will talk again
Better in your opinion lol

If I think he’s one of the best u23 players you won’t change my mind

Liquid Gold

I don't know what your beef is but I still maintain Matty James wasn't all that.

Too pedestrian and didn't impose himself enough on the game. He couldn't cope with our style this season and he isn't pulling up trees at Bristol City.

Users who are viewing this thread