I apologise for saying Matty James flatters to deceive (2 Viewers)

skyblue1991

I think it's fair to say he hasn't been as inspirational as we wanted him to be.

Scored a good free kick at the weekend and played well tonight. However let's shake hands at the end of the season and move on, we can probably do better

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Grendel

His touch is the best we’ve had at the club for a long time. It’s actually ridiculous how good his first touch is.

How have Barnsley coped without him?

cc84cov

I think it's fair to say he hasn't been as inspirational as we wanted him to be.

Scored a good free kick at the weekend and played well tonight. However let's shake hands at the end of the season and move on, we can probably do better

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk
Robins said he’s come with a view to becoming permanent he’s gotta better chance of staying than sheaf anywah

SBT

For goodness sake there is no hatred - he’s just not been an influencer on games. He coasts at his own pace. He has an agenda and that’s not to play here next season

He set up the only goal tonight. He scored last week. No-one expects him to single handedly turn us into world beaters or run every game on his own. I wouldn’t even be devastated if he doesn’t sign for us this summer. But he’s clearly having an impact on games. Sometimes it’s even winning us points. And right now I’ll take any player capable of that.

Grendel

Thought he played well and the more I see them the more I think him and Kelly actually compliment each other’s game. Thought they were too similar but would be happy going into next season with them as the CM pairing with COH further forward. Hope we sign him.

I do rate Hamer though and think he will come on next season too after a season in the league.

Kelly will not be here - not good enough - and James will seek a better opportunity

cc84cov

@Grendel are you there
giphy.gif

harvey098

How have Barnsley coped without him?

Are you saying you can’t see / admit that his first touch is top tier?

I’m sure there are other facets that mean Barnsley are fine without him but if you can’t see the difference in his first touch compared to most then there’s no hope for you! Mind you, you didn’t think Maddison would be anything more than a “mid level championship player” 😂

Grendel

G both managers said he was the best player on the pitch

That’s great but next week you’ll be saying Eccles is better

bawtryneal

I have watched every game on iPlayer and tonight was the first I have seen live.
He bossed the middle and really works hard off the ball.
In my opinion a class act based on what I saw tonight.
OHare was disappointing and McFadz, Hyam and Osti first class. McFadz ran the show at the back. Immense.
We should buy their keeper for next season.

matesx

I have watched every game on iPlayer and tonight was the first I have seen live.
He bossed the middle and really works hard off the ball.
In my opinion a class act based on what I saw tonight.
OHare was disappointing and McFadz, Hyam and Osti first class. McFadz ran the show at the back. Immense.
We should buy their keeper for next season.

I said that about their keeper too

Grendel

good luck seeking a better opportunity being “really really average” and all

To be fair you so think Max Biamou is our best forward so I guess we will leave it there

KG7

James is such a smart player. Like Kelly, it will take while before everyone appreciates what he does and probably an extended run and then absence from the team. Position ally he is excellent - often in the right place at the right time, uses his body intelligently, keeps the ball between himself and the opposition in a 50 / 50 most of the time and looks to move us up the pitch and protect the back line.

Was a big factor in us taking the lead and holding onto it.

Not everyone is going to notice what he does, but he is a class above what we are used to, and his first touch is almost as good as George Thomas’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cc84cov

James is such a smart player. Like Kelly, it will take while before everyone appreciates what he does and probably an extended run and then absence from the team. Position ally he is excellent - often in the right place at the right time, uses his body intelligently, keeps the ball between himself and the opposition in a 50 / 50 most of the time and looks to move us up the pitch and protect the back line.

Was a big factor in us taking the lead and holding onto it.

Not everyone is going to notice what he does, but he is a class above what we are used to, and his first touch is almost as good as George Thomas’

Even Hamer can’t get in now he’s in there

KG7

Hamer will get back in but he did a good job replacing O’Hare tonight.

Sadly for you there is more shade and nuance to our players form and ability than your posts would suggest you’d like.

SBAndy

Tonight was the first time I thought he would be a good acquisition for next season. Maybe he is the Kelly replacement after all. However, as I said in another thread, it was against a L1 team in Rotherham.

Users who are viewing this thread