I apologise for saying Matty James flatters to deceive (2 Viewers)

procdoc

Because I know the rules of the championship fair play which is different to league 1 - he’s said something that’s not factually accurate
As I said earlier in the thread, I’ll believe someone that works in the professional football industry more than you.

Grendel

As I said earlier in the thread, I’ll believe someone that works in the professional football industry more than you.

Well perhaps he can next time explain how a budget is defined on these rules and how a non board director is privy to such info in his club let alone 23 others

Grendel

So how is Matty doing everyone?

shmmeee

Well perhaps he can next time explain how a budget is defined on these rules and how a non board director is privy to such info in his club let alone 23 others

You think only board directors know what a clubs playing budget is? What do you think managers do? Just try and sign a player and wait for the board to say no? Like they’re an 18 year old with a debit card the week before pay day?

cc84cov

You think only board directors know what a clubs playing budget is? What do you think managers do? Just try and sign a player and wait for the board to say no? Like they’re an 18 year old with a debit card the week before pay day?
Talking of the board I want Joy Seppala to take over from here 🤩

Grendel

have a look at OSB and his post and come back to me

Grendel

I dont need to. You’re being patently ridiculous. A manager knows how much he’s got to spend. He couldn’t do his job otherwise.

A manager can have far more to spend than another with a bigger budget

shmmeee

A manager can have far more to spend than another with a bigger budget

No they quite literally can’t. That’s what a budget is. It’s how much you have to spend. When a manager talks about his budget compared to others he’s talking about how much he can spend, not the fucking photocopier budget.

Grendel

No they quite literally can’t. That’s what a budget is. It’s how much you have to spend. When a manager talks about his budget compared to others he’s talking about how much he can spend, not the fucking photocopier budget.

No it literally isn’t as Sunderland had a bigger budget than us in league 1 as did Ipswich but could not transact as we could in terms of transfer fees

This is boring and you as with everything else on here have not got a clue how finances and rules work in football

SBAndy

No it literally isn’t as Sunderland had a bigger budget than us in league 1 as did Ipswich but could not transact as we could in terms of transfer fees

This is boring and you as with everything else on here have not got a clue how finances and rules work in football

Really, pack it in. You make little to no sense down this route. There are plenty of ways to suggest we have a higher budget (and, for the record, I agree) but this is absolute nonsense.

Grendel

Really, pack it in. You make little to no sense down this route. There are plenty of ways to suggest we have a higher budget (and, for the record, I agree) but this is absolute nonsense.

it isn’t as it’s why a lot of clubs have fell through the championship trap door as they have been hampered by large wages and an inability to transact and it’s why then clubs like us Wycombe Burton etc have been promoted from league 1

Saddlebrains

Personally feel he's a waste of a loan and wages. Haven't been impressed at all.

Kellys better and a tenth of the wage. Bringing James Gyokores and Tavares in in January has fucked us completely. Awful, awful window

skyblue1991

Not been impressed by James, waste of a loan for me and too similar a player to what we already have

Sounds like we are paying a fair amount for the loan too, would've been better spent elsewhere in hindsight

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

KG7

James is a step ahead and clearly way too smart a player for some people to comprehend.

Every game he supplies the most chances and snuffs out the most attacks and is more often than not in the right place at the right time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If Kelly is injured again James' contribution may become more pronounced if we replace Kelly with a more attacking option. Reckon MR will just shove Sheaf in.

Hertsccfc

If Kelly is injured again James' contribution may become more pronounced if we replace Kelly with a more attacking option. Reckon MR will just shove Sheaf in.
The problem is who is that attacking option. Should be Allen or possibly Shipley but they have not stepped up so far. Allen has been disappointing to me but I feel he is one player who if he did play as well as he can could make a massive difference.

I like Sheaf by the way but can't see him and James playing jn the same team with Hamer.

Grendel

Bump

He’s better than Sheaf 🤩

Id hope a 29 year old experienced premier league player is - James won’t be here next season

Grendel

Neither will sheaf,didn’t robins sign James with a view to making it permanent he said

So what? He says lots of things he actually said “why not” he would comment a big salary and would for us be a marquis signing - none of his games has he been top billing. Sheaf is a young player developing his game so there’s zero comparison

Brighton Sky Blue

Did a bit more of the dirty work today than he usually does, and a cracking goal, but still a long way from convincing me we should commit to his wage demands.

cc84cov

So what? He says lots of things he actually said “why not” he would comment a big salary and would for us be a marquis signing - none of his games has he been top billing. Sheaf is a young player developing his game so there’s zero comparison
I’ll take Walsh over both of them

cc84cov

Not convinced by him, but I do understand its his first season at this level really. I'll give all of them the chance to improve after a season's experience, and he has shown more than many,
Main thing - the manager isn’t convinced by him either

Users who are viewing this thread