I’m starting to believe (2 Viewers)

With results in the past couple of days going our way and the playoffs truly being in our own hands, I’m starting to believe.

We could actually do this.

Next season we could be getting smashed by Man City, clipped by Klopp, wounded by Wilson.

But the way it’s going we won’t be getting mad at Maddison as he may be in the division below us.

Seriously though, it’s really dawned on me that we could be playing premiership football next season, that’s been out of reach for so long it’s unbelievable.

usskyblue

With results in the past couple of days going our way and the playoffs truly being in our own hands, I’m starting to believe.

We could actually do this.

Next season we could be getting smashed by Man City, clipped by Klopp, wounded by Wilson.

But the way it’s going we won’t be getting mad at Maddison as he may be in the division below us.

Seriously though, it’s really dawned on me that we could be playing premiership football next season, that’s been out of reach for so long it’s unbelievable.

CCFC_Irish

2000/01 - Relegated from Premiership with Manchester City in 19/20 position.
2001/02 - 11th Place in Championship
2002/03 - 20th Place in Championship
2003/04 - 12 Place in Championship
2004/05 - 19th Place in Championship
2005/06 - 8th Place in Championship
2006/07 - 17th Place in Championship
2007/08 - 21st Place in Championship
2008/09 - 17th Place in Championship
2009/10 - 19th Place in Championship
2010/11 - 18th Place in Championship
2011/12 - 23rd Relegated to League One
2012/13 - 15th Place League One
2013/14 - 19th Place League One
2014/15 - 17th Place League One
2015/16 - 8th Place League One
2016/17 - Relegated League Two - Mark Robbins Returns
2017/18 - 6th League Two - Play Off Winners

2018/19 - 8th League One
2019/20 - 1st Place League One Champions
2020/21 - 16th Place Championship
2021/22 - 12th Place Championship
2022/23 - Currently in 5th Place
2023/24 - ??

Robinshio

maybe a Russell slade statue is called for
Without his run of results, whilst still getting us into the Johnsons paint Final, who knows where we would be today

Kingokings204

If I'm honest I am bricking it. It's the first thing I think about when I wake up and the last thing I think about at night. I can't decide if the pain of not making the play offs would be be better than making the play offs and fucking it up! Has someone got a time machine...

im the same I eat sleep and breathe it. I really don’t think we are ready for the premier league and get thrashed every week but then again Blackpool Huddersfield and Brighton etc would have all said the same.

skyblu3sk

im the same I eat sleep and breathe it. I really don’t think we are ready for the premier league and get thrashed every week but then again Blackpool Huddersfield and Brighton etc would have all said the same.
Totally with you. I love the championship as we have a chance every game. In the premier league I expect a bumming every week. I get the money could help the club but the step up seems unachievable.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Most probably, but the position it could put us in financially (provided we didn't go nuts signing a million players on 100k contracts) could allow a huge rebuild of the entire club - squad, training facilities, academy, backroom staff. Maybe even an outside chance of part ownership of the stadium?

Of course after losing the first two/three games to team like Man City Grendel will be searching for an Uber... Frankly even if we did get absolutely battered I'd want us to remain supportive of MR, rather than making him a victim of his own incredible success.

skyblu3sk

Most probably, but the position it could put us in financially (provided we didn't go nuts signing a million players on 100k contracts) could allow a huge rebuild of the entire club - squad, training facilities, academy, backroom staff. Maybe even an outside chance of part ownership of the stadium?

Of course after losing the first two/three games to team like Man City Grendel will be searching for an Uber... Frankly even if we did get absolutely battered I'd want us to remain supportive of MR, rather than making him a victim of his own incredible success.
Takes a lot of the fan base to make that happen. I'm with you by the way, unless we have an oil baron will to throw billions away for 10 years I'd rather we play it conservative.

usskyblue

What’s everyone’s thoughts if we do make the playoffs then get a pummelling in the first semi. I still think it would be a great achievement.

Taxis-at-La-Guardia.jpg

Esoterica

What’s everyone’s thoughts if we do make the playoffs then get a pummelling in the first semi. I still think it would be a great achievement.
I see it as a free hit. Didn’t expect to be here in the summer, didn’t expect to be here when O’Hare got injured, didn’t expect to be here when the pitch bullshit happened, didn’t expect to be here when we were bottom after 10 games, didn’t expect to be here when we signed Maguire in January, didn’t expect to be here when we every attacking midfielder at the club got injured. If we were to get hammered in the playoffs, I’ll just be gutted it will mean Gyokeres gets sold but the rebuild should make the summer interesting too.

Paxman II

In our own hands now so I wouldn’t bet against us. The motivation is already there. I actually think, looking at the other rivals fixtures, we could do it on 69 points! Birmingham will be a very cool day at the CBS. Tbf Middlesboro’ have not been so good last couple games & they are already booked in the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCFC_Irish

Previous results this season would suggest this will happen

Coventry vs Birmingham - Coventry
Sunderland vs Watford - Draw
Millwall vs Blackpool - Millwall
Luton vs Blackburn - Luton
WBA vs Norwich - Draw

Burnley Promoted
Sheff U Promoted
Millwall 68

Sunderland 66
Blackburn 65
WBA 64

Ideally need Watford and Luton to win and the play-offs are guaranteed. This would leave both teams on 65 and unable to catch Coventry.

Jamesimus

Wasn't expecting to have something to play for at this point, so it's nice and im going to try and enjoy it regardless. Considering injuries, squad depth etc you can't fault the lads application and desire. Still not there yet mind...

TomRad85

It would but I'd take a while to get over it and see it that way I think.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread