I’m starting to believe (1 Viewer)

CCFC_Irish

I always worried about getting promoted too soon but no, just take the money and run, rebuild and try again
Worse case scenario we stay in the championship for another season. A season without Vik and a few others. Huddersfield finished third last season and are now in a relegation battle in the championship. Nottingham are in the premiership and are also threatened by relegation. I know what position I would prefer Coventry to be in.

sylus

As long as we take care of our own business on Saturday i fully believe we will make the top 6,i have a funny feeling Millwall will win at Blackpool tomorrow, is it all over if we were to lose on Saturday with a tough trip to middlesbrough to come.

skyblu3sk

I disagree, I think our style suits the PL. If we add some quality and keep the big 3 there's no reason why we can't do a Fulham. Top half ..... easy 🤣
I wish I had your optimism 🤣 We play good football but I'm not sure many of the team could step up easily we'd need to uncover some absolute gems!

Johhny Blue

Worse case scenario we stay in the championship for another season. A season without Vik and a few others. Huddersfield finished third last season and are now in a relegation battle in the championship. Nottingham are in the premiership and are also threatened by relegation. I know what position I would prefer Coventry to be in.
That’s a very glass half full “worst case”

CDK

I think we’d need a whole new team really, none of the backup players at ST, AM or CM are close. I’d like to see us sign top quality young players, almost like Burnley have in the Championship. I’d much rather come straight back down after repeated spankings but financially secure and with a solid squad of talent than skint and a wage bill full of nobodies on 80k a week.
That would be a great way to do it ,go up followed be relaxation with financial security parachute payments and robins to return us back up with added security of better players.

Otis

I would just temper things by saying, although other results having been very much going our way of late, they are very unlikely to continue to do so. I can foresee many of our main rivals bagging wins over the weekend (Millwall, Sunderland, Blackburn)

I one I do feel pretty confident about is WBA v Norwich. I think Norwich will get something there. They had a couple of awful defeats against Middlesbrough and Swansea lately, but I do still think they can be a fantastic side on their day.

I dismissed Watford previously, because they quite often seem to be a club in turmoil and have already had 3 managers this season. Plus they have nothing to play for, Norwich still do, albeit, it being a very slim chance.

shmmeee

I would just temper things by saying, although other results having been very much going our way of late, they are very unlikely to continue to do so. I can foresee many of our main rivals bagging wins over the weekend (Millwall, Sunderland, Blackburn)

I one I do feel pretty confident about is WBA v Norwich. I think Norwich will get something there. They had a couple of awful defeats against Middlesbrough and Swansea lately, but I do still think they can be a fantastic side on their day.

I dismissed Watford previously, because they quite often seem to be a club in turmoil and have already had 3 managers this season. Plus they have nothing to play for, Norwich still do, albeit, it being a very slim chance.

Sometimes teams take the shackles off. Stoke had nothing to play for when they hammered us TBF.

We really need Blackpool and/or Watford to pick up points this weekend ideally. I think WBA are out of it TBH.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I think we’d need a whole new team really, none of the backup players at ST, AM or CM are close. I’d like to see us sign top quality young players, almost like Burnley have in the Championship. I’d much rather come straight back down after repeated spankings but financially secure and with a solid squad of talent than skint and a wage bill full of nobodies on 80k a week.
Whole new team? If we did go up there would be no chance of holding on to Vic,Gus and Sheaf then?We would still have O'hare and I think the way Eccles is improving will be a great player in future.Though you might not think so judging by some of the keeping I've seen in there lately Ben would not look out of place.Any players you sign could have a clause allowing them to leave if things turned sour.Take a look at the 3 who have gone up and I think at least 2 out of 3 will survive.Please think positive.

shmmeee

Whole new team? If we did go up there would be no chance of holding on to Vic,Gus and Sheaf then?We would still have O'hare and I think the way Eccles is improving will be a great player in future.Though you might not think so judging by some of the keeping I've seen in there lately Ben would not look out of place.Any players you sign could have a clause allowing them to leave if things turned sour.Take a look at the 3 who have gone up and I think at least 2 out of 3 will survive.Please think positive.

I think we’ve got four players who could make the step up: Vik, Cal, Gus and Sheaf. We need 18 for a matchday squad so yeah, at least 14 players needed if we go up, even if we are filling the rest out with others.

TomRad85

I think we’ve got four players who could make the step up: Vik, Cal, Gus and Sheaf. We need 18 for a matchday squad so yeah, at least 14 players needed if we go up, even if we are filling the rest out with others.
There's no way we'd buy 14 players I mean I do get what you're saying and i even agree on the players but we'd simply have to decide what our priorities are and move with that, accepting that the wider squad might not be up to much at that level.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

CCFC_Irish

Sometimes teams take the shackles off. Stoke had nothing to play for when they hammered us TBF.

We really need Blackpool and/or Watford to pick up points this weekend ideally. I think WBA are out of it TBH.

Not quite yet - their destiny is not in their hands. A few outcomes can help WBA.

Blackburn and Millwall still have to play each other where both could drop points. Add Luton into the mix for Blackburn. Next in line is Sunderland - A draw would be enough to put WBA in play off places - as long as they recover the 4 GD. If results go a bit more askew for Sunderland, Blackburn, Millwall and WBA - Preston could have a chance on the last day of the season, even with a -8 GD.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We might well sign a lot of players, especially as quite a few are out of contract anyway, but I think that would be split into half a dozen or so first team players on significant fees and wages and the rest being loans and promising youngsters. Then having the likes of Allen, Palmer and Eccles padding the squad out as well.

NorthernWisdom

Jury's out on O'Hare after injury too, and none of them have top flight experience so until we or they get there, we don't know.

Think we have to accept that we'd need a fair few of the squad to defy expectation to stand any chance of staying up, as I'd hope we wouldn't try a Forest and change the entire side. I appreciate it's probably low expectations, but ending up with a team of players contracted to us, even if we came down, would probably be significant progress from where we are!

Macca

What’s everyone’s thoughts if we do make the playoffs then get a pummelling in the first semi. I still think it would be a great achievement.

Be a bloody brilliant achievement. Start of the season with our suicidal defence I thought we were doomed. I think we could be a good play off side as we don’t lose many. Have to say though I think losing in the final would be the saddest experience ever

Users who are viewing this thread