Luton vs Blackburn - Luton
WBA vs Norwich - Draw

Burnley Promoted
Sheff U Promoted
Millwall 68

Sunderland 66
Blackburn 65
WBA 64

Ideally need Watford and Luton to win and the play-offs are guaranteed. This would leave both teams on 65 and unable to catch Coventry.
Watford are a real mess. I cant see them getting anything at Sunderland.

Look we cant expect every result to go our way.

We just need 4 points now to be absolutely certain.

bigfatronssba

I still firmly believe that if we win Saturday then we’ll make the playoffs, regardless of we do on the last day.
I just can’t see another two teams reaching 69 points.

If we don’t make the playoffs though we need to remember that we’re still going in the right direction. That’ll be 6 straight seasons where we’ve improved on the previous year.

We just need to keep doing what we’ve been doing

shmmeee

I still firmly believe that if we win Saturday then we’ll make the playoffs, regardless of we do on the last day.
I just can’t see another two teams reaching 69 points.

If we don’t make the playoffs though we need to remember that we’re still going in the right direction. That’ll be 6 straight seasons where we’ve improved on the previous year.

We just need to keep doing what we’ve been doing

Im totally confident that we’ll be top six next year. This season is a complete free hit for me.

Ashdown

After the pitch debacle , loss of key stars to injury, change of ownership, momentum being shagged up by the World Cup, not having spent any money….I think we’ve done fantastic if we don’t win another match. Testament to a great managerial team and a fan base and team that is more in sync than I can ever remember.

Great_Expectations

I also don’t think we’re ready for the Prem, but for now I’m just enjoying the ride - especially as it’s one we didn’t think we’d be on after the numerous bumps this year.

If we do get promoted; then what an incredible achievement. And whatever happens next year MR should remain.

If we don’t; I truly expect us to be challenging for top two next year.

Either way we’re going to need a squad overhaul, if we’re in the Prem we’ll have the money to do so. Even if not you’d like to think this year has showed King that with some investment he has a team on the rise with lots of potential on his hands!

shmmeee

So bit of “dreamscaping”:

Say we do go up somehow this season, other than Vik, who would you plan to keep in the first team? Hamer & O’Hare probably, Sheaf? Anyone else?

Would you aim to stay up or sign young players we might keep hold of if we go down and focus longer term?

PUSB-We_are_going_up

pump it up sneakers GIF by arielle-m

CovInEssex

Say we do go up somehow this season, other than Vik, who would you plan to keep in the first team? Hamer & O’Hare probably, Sheaf? Anyone else?

Would you aim to stay up or sign young players we might keep hold of if we go down and focus longer term?

Going up would be nothing short of a miricle. Get pumped every game next year. Come back to the Championship the year after with £100m in the bank and establish from there.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Vik, Hamer, O'Hare, probably Sheaf.

Keep the likes of Eccles and Burroughs and see how they progress. Happy for Wilson to still be around if not automatic first choice, though any replacement we need to make sure is an actual good goalkeeper rather than focus heavily on how good they are with their feet. Palmer and Allen could stay as back ups.

Look to sign around 7-8 first teamers (GK, LWB, RWB, ST, AM, CB x 3) with significant fees/wages, but nothing crazy. Bring in some promising youngsters like Doyle, McNally to develop and play when others are out injured or suspended.

Otis

Watford are a real mess. I cant see them getting anything at Sunderland.

Look we cant expect every result to go our way.

We just need 4 points now to be absolutely certain.
Agree on Watford. I think if any team up there near the top is already in the beach, it's them. All 6 teams above them, but outside the playoff spots, have at least a slim chance of making the top 6. They don't. They are done for.

Londonccfcfan

Im totally confident that we’ll be top six next year. This season is a complete free hit for me.
Correct we do need to pipe down our expectations. To be this close to play offs is phenomenal.

Next season will be very tough. But I do see us staying in top 8 all season IF we can keep and or strengthen club.

Sheaf signing is a massive boost. But we cant just build team around him.

SeaSeeEffCee

I think it’s a big early to say we’re definitely going to be top 6 next season. If we don’t go up then we will 100% lose Gyokeres, and with his recent form there is a high chance we’ll lose Hamer too. That’s already what, about 70% of goal contributions (goals and assists I mean) for the season gone. We’ll have a lot of money in to replace them but any team is going to find it tough to replace their two most important players in one summer.

clint van damme

Agree on Watford. I think if any team up there near the top is already in the beach, it's them. All 6 teams above them, but outside the playoff spots, have at least a slim chance of making the top 6. They don't. They are done for.

I actually disagree about Watford.
I think they'll get something and up their performance now the pressures off.
They had spells at the CBS where they showed what they're capable of.

shmmeee

Technically it isn't even that, is it? You could win play off semis and final on penalties and even draw the last two games of the standard season!

Im counting penalties as a win but yeah technically we could not score another goal from open play and go up.

DownUnderDingo

Totally with you. I love the championship as we have a chance every game. In the premier league I expect a bumming every week. I get the money could help the club but the step up seems unachievable.
I disagree, I think our style suits the PL. If we add some quality and keep the big 3 there's no reason why we can't do a Fulham. Top half ..... easy 🤣

Warwickhunt

Are the Stars Alligning!!! Many things happen that point to what could happen! I go back to the 86-87 season when John Pointon took over as CEO of City, He said he is the luckiest person in the World when City won the FA cup and his Horse cant remember what is was called romped home at 20/1. I believe Doug King is going to be our lucky Omen;););)

Speedie's Head

I also don’t think we’re ready for the Prem, but for now I’m just enjoying the ride - especially as it’s one we didn’t think we’d be on after the numerous bumps this year.

If we do get promoted; then what an incredible achievement. And whatever happens next year MR should remain.

If we don’t; I truly expect us to be challenging for top two next year.

Either way we’re going to need a squad overhaul, if we’re in the Prem we’ll have the money to do so. Even if not you’d like to think this year has showed King that with some investment he has a team on the rise with lots of potential on his hands!

Clearly not but a lot would depend on the summer. We need to invest the extra resources in the squad wisely so that if we were to come down we've got a nucleus of players (especially the defence) under own contracts.

I hope that the management team will be guaranteed the whole season no matter what happens and we'll take it from there.

Senior Vick from Alicante

If we do go up I think its a season earlier than Robins would have expected so his recruitment would have to be defensive based. The biggest difference is the pace that they play at in the Prem. You need lightening quick defenders to give you a chance, Fadz as much as I love the bloke would get ripped to pieces as would the wing backs. Based on that you would need two quality wing backs and 2 lightening quick center half's and maybe a really mobile midfielder. Creatively our forward thinking players can possibly compete but I would throw a proven number 9 is a well as Vick would need the help. The best example for me of the type you need and the amount to spend is Andy Robertson cost Liverpool 8 million, if you've got the pace you have a chance.

Speedie's Head

6-1 at the bookies now for promotion. Not bad in a 'four horse race' at this point. The 20-1 odds 3 weeeks ago looks really generous now ;)

Boosh

6-1 at the bookies now for promotion. Not bad in a 'four horse race' at this point. The 20-1 odds 3 weeeks ago looks really generous now ;)

If you put £10 on at 20-1 3 weeks ago, you’d still be losing £10 at the end of the season

shmmeee

If we do go up I think its a season earlier than Robins would have expected so his recruitment would have to be defensive based. The biggest difference is the pace that they play at in the Prem. You need lightening quick defenders to give you a chance, Fadz as much as I love the bloke would get ripped to pieces as would the wing backs. Based on that you would need two quality wing backs and 2 lightening quick center half's and maybe a really mobile midfielder. Creatively our forward thinking players can possibly compete but I would throw a proven number 9 is a well as Vick would need the help. The best example for me of the type you need and the amount to spend is Andy Robertson cost Liverpool 8 million, if you've got the pace you have a chance.

I think we’d need a whole new team really, none of the backup players at ST, AM or CM are close. I’d like to see us sign top quality young players, almost like Burnley have in the Championship. I’d much rather come straight back down after repeated spankings but financially secure and with a solid squad of talent than skint and a wage bill full of nobodies on 80k a week.

Users who are viewing this thread