Match Thread Huddersfield on saturday (3 Viewers)

SBT

Remember when Howley - who by all accounts is a real talent and should have a bright future in the game - came on against Forest and looked absolute dogshit?

Anyway, let’s play all the kids on Saturday.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Why do we need to play these guys to see if they’re up to scratch? Robins has been watching them all season and clearly decided they’re not ready.
Because sometimes players surprise you. I don't think anyone expected Callum Wilson to be given such a first team chance as up to then he'd hardly been pulling up trees in the youth ranks or on loan.

The other option is to put Bidwell there and get him to play more offensively. But even then I'd want to give Reid a runout for 30 mins just to see.

I expect it to not work, but I'd rather have found out for sure when a free hit arises rather than just letting the opportunity pass by.

SBT

Because sometimes players surprise you. I don't think anyone expected Callum Wilson to be given such a first team chance as up to then he'd hardly been pulling up trees in the youth ranks or on loan.

The other option is to put Bidwell there and get him to play more offensively. But even then I'd want to give Reid a runout for 30 mins just to see.

I expect it to not work, but I'd rather have found out for sure when a free hit arises rather than just letting the opportunity pass by.

Not for me - I’ve paid money to watch this game, let Robins and the players experiment on their own time, I want to see us win.

(Happy to admit I’m wrong if Josh Reid or Fabio Tavares end up having a career on a par with Callum Wilson though)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not for me - I’ve paid money to watch this game, let Robins and the players experiment on their own time, I want to see us win.

(Happy to admit I’m wrong if Josh Reid or Fabio Tavares end up having a career on a par with Callum Wilson though)
How do you give players competitive first team games on their own time?

I want to see us build for the future and be successful long term. If that means writing off two meaningless games now to try and do so then so be it.

Do you think the senior players won't be thinking towards next season and wanting to make sure they don't get injured? The young lads would be playing for their futures.

SBT

You watch them train every day until they’re ready.

Josh Reid isn’t going to start blossoming into Marcelo if he just plays enough meaningless first team games. Robins is already well aware of his talent level - you and I may need the benefit of watching first team games to figure that out, but he doesn’t.

Grendel

I want to see us build for the future and be successful long term. If that means writing off two meaningless games now to try and do so then so be it.

Do you think the senior players won't be thinking towards next season and wanting to make sure they don't get injured? The young lads would be playing for their futures.

If we lose the last couple in theory we could fall as low as 16th - what’s the point of pointing players in just to get battered

Bertola

Until the playoffs are mathmatically impossible, you have t go with the strongest team available. I know it'll need a minor miracle, but whilst there's still a chance we have to go for it.

ccfc1234

I would say more than a minor miracle mate

Until the playoffs are mathmatically impossible, you have t go with the strongest team available. I know it'll need a minor miracle, but whilst there's still a chance we have to go for it.
It would make the last weekend of the season interesting if we won 3 nil and QPR did a number on Sheffield Utd. Sheffield Utd have Fulham at home on the last day of the season and they are a team who can score 3 or 4 on a good day. 1000/1 but not impossible!!

Thehig

prob not worth starting a new thread over so ill ask here.

When you have selected ticket collection when buying tickets, do you get them from the club shop ?

Jesse Carver

It would make the last weekend of the season interesting if we won 3 nil and QPR did a number on Sheffield Utd. Sheffield Utd have Fulham at home on the last day of the season and they are a team who can score 3 or 4 on a good day. 1000/1 but not impossible!!
2000/1 for us to make top 6, QPR are 1000/1 - stuck a couple of quid on each, you never know...

Sky_Blue_Daz

gonna win this 3-1 goals from Vik, Hamer and Maatsen

CV22SBA

Tickets sales starting to look good again. I've not counted them its a guesstimate but i reckon around 200 left between blocks 14 & 23

SBT

Let’s be realistic - there’s going to be a small army of kids with cardboard signs, and several thousand grown men openly weeping if they don’t get a Shipley/Jones/Tavares swansong, I might have to leave at 85 minutes.

SkyBlueSoul

prob not worth starting a new thread over so ill ask here.

When you have selected ticket collection when buying tickets, do you get them from the club shop ?
Yep, from the ticket office at the ground. There's 2 queues for tickets on matchday, the right hand one is for collection

skyblueexile

What would it be 1966 last match of season WE WON IN HUDDERSFIELD - I WAS THERE WERE YOU-we thought we had got promoted

thought we had been promoted but got pipped a week later when I think it was Southampton won match in hand

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Anyone any idea of what Saturdays attendance might be ?

clint van damme

Let’s be realistic - there’s going to be a small army of kids with cardboard signs, and several thousand grown men openly weeping if they don’t get a Shipley/Jones/Tavares swansong, I might have to leave at 85 minutes.

And miss the equaliser and the winner?

Sky Blue Pete

Pete, you’re a religious guy. Maybe you could list the top ten miracles and we can see where we fit in?
1 - Grendel agreed with another poster on SBT
2 - Pete agreed he was too optimistic about players management and owners and agreed to adopt some cynicism
3 - Nick agreed that smashing into a player early doors is not the measure of a great player
4 - Peace breaking out regarding the Brexit thread with everyone agreeing to agree to disagree

So having worked it out us gaining 6 points and 9 goals and everyone above us losing both games comes in at number 5

Grendel

1 - Grendel agreed with another poster on SBT
2 - Pete agreed he was too optimistic about players management and owners and agreed to adopt some cynicism
3 - Nick agreed that smashing into a player early doors is not the measure of a great player
4 - Peace breaking out regarding the Brexit thread with everyone agreeing to agree to disagree

So having worked it out us gaining 6 points and 9 goals and everyone above us losing both games comes in at number 5

Agree with all of that

Users who are viewing this thread