Match Thread Huddersfield on saturday (1 Viewer)

CCFC54321

1 - Grendel agreed with another poster on SBT
2 - Pete agreed he was too optimistic about players management and owners and agreed to adopt some cynicism
3 - Nick agreed that smashing into a player early doors is not the measure of a great player
4 - Peace breaking out regarding the Brexit thread with everyone agreeing to agree to disagree

So having worked it out us gaining 6 points and 9 goals and everyone above us losing both games comes in at number 5

Number 1 will never happen. Rumour is he was off here for a while when he injured his typing hand after punching his reflection in the face .

Sick Boy

Our season is over.

We have no LWB so give Reid two games to prove he might be up to the job. If not (as I expect would be the case) we know we've got a lot of recruitment to do in that position. But on the off chance he takes to it well we've got something to work on over the summer.

Same with Tavares. People are unsure about walker and Waghorn. Godden spends a lot of time injured. So let's give the lad a chance to see if he might be able to step up.

I'd also consider starting Jones for these last two games just for that final throw of the dice in case he shows he could potentially solve a problem without us needing to spend a lot of money. I'd probably start Eccles for one of them as well

We're very rarely in a position to give our U23's a chance to step up to the first team. At this moment we are so let's use it to build for next year, rather than playing people who will be leaving at the end of the season.

Instead, I expect Shipley to be on the bench and get a run out as a chance to say goodbye.
Why would he play Jones after seeing him in training? There’s next to no chance to him being here next season.
Tavares needs to go out on loan to League 1 for season - he’s nowhere near ready at the moment.

sylus

Why would he play Jones after seeing him in training? There’s next to no chance to him being here next season.
Tavares needs to go out on loan to League 1 for season - he’s nowhere near ready at the moment.
Tavares needs more than the odd 5-10mins to try and come on change a game,i certainly would not be loaning him out next season to a league one side,give him a decent chance and i am sure he will come good.

Sick Boy

Tavares needs more than the odd 5-10mins to try and come on change a game,i certainly would not be loaning him out next season to a league one side,give him a decent chance and i am sure he will come good.
Yeah, let’s drop far superior players just to see if he comes good. For his own development he needs to play regular first team football, which he isn’t going to with us at this stage.

Reactions: AOM

sylus

for the record, im going for a 2-2 tomoro,i am generally wrong so hopefully a win to finish our home games on.

Last edited:

sylus

Yeah, let’s drop far superior players just to see if he comes good. For his own development he needs to play regular first team football, which he isn’t going to with us at this stage.
who mentioned dropping a superior player as you call it, assuming we haven't flogged them and they are still here, play the lad i say, can't be any worse than waghorn, different player of course, but pace energy and raw talent and a eye for goal, whats not to like,

slowpoke

What would it be 1966 last match of season WE WON IN HUDDERSFIELD - I WAS THERE WERE YOU-we thought we had got promoted

thought we had been promoted but got pipped a week later when I think it was Southampton won match in hand
I was there too with thousands of other Cov behind both goals. Huddersfield were second and we were third our 2-0 victory put us second behind Manchester City but Southampton in fourth had two games in hand, won one and drew one to pip us to promotion.
It was on match of the day you can find it on YouTube.

Sick Boy

who mentioned dropping a superior player as you call it, assuming we haven't flogged them and they are still here, play the lad i say, can't be any worse than waghorn, different player of course, but pace energy and raw talent and a eye for goal, whats not to like,
You’ve said he needs more than 5-10 minutes per game, how often does Waghorn play more than that? You’d have to drop better players just to accommodate him, which would be madness.
If he’s good enough he should flourish in League 1.

Sky Blue Harry H

Not sure if I'm misreading it, but looking at the dots on the ticket sales, we look like having another very high attendance for Saturday. Bearing in mind that Huddersfield are bringing circa 1k more than Bournemouth, it looks like we could match that attendance - although the walk up may not be the same as Bournemouth. I'm going to go out on a limb and say we'll hit 24k again.

SlowerThanPlatt

Then you’re going to be disappointed. I would think Eccles is more likely to play

CV22SBA

Not sure if I'm misreading it, but looking at the dots on the ticket sales, we look like having another very high attendance for Saturday. Bearing in mind that Huddersfield are bringing circa 1k more than Bournemouth, it looks like we could match that attendance - although the walk up may not be the same as Bournemouth. I'm going to go out on a limb and say we'll hit 24k again.
Bournemouth had 2,342 and Huddersfield had sold just over 2K as of yesterday. I reckon about 23/24K. Doesn't help £30 price.

fernandopartridge

Well he in his two longer sub appearances he's been anonymous, he needs to learn his trade at a lower level

SlowerThanPlatt

Our season is over.

We have no LWB so give Reid two games to prove he might be up to the job. If not (as I expect would be the case) we know we've got a lot of recruitment to do in that position. But on the off chance he takes to it well we've got something to work on over the summer.

Same with Tavares. People are unsure about walker and Waghorn. Godden spends a lot of time injured. So let's give the lad a chance to see if he might be able to step up.

I'd also consider starting Jones for these last two games just for that final throw of the dice in case he shows he could potentially solve a problem without us needing to spend a lot of money. I'd probably start Eccles for one of them as well

We're very rarely in a position to give our U23's a chance to step up to the first team. At this moment we are so let's use it to build for next year, rather than playing people who will be leaving at the end of the season.

Instead, I expect Shipley to be on the bench and get a run out as a chance to say goodbye.

He doesn’t need to see them in games to make his mind up, in the same way he decided Hilssner wasn’t going to ever play for us, by seeing how they compare and compete in training.

Sky Blue Harry H

Great turnout from the City fans again (the team deserves it). If Huddersfield bring less than 3k, that's awful considering they could still reach the autos (albeit unlikely)

Johhny Blue

He had a decent chance already and did come good

AOM

Pressure is more or less off for us, but they'll also want 3 points.
4-1 surprise win

SlowerThanPlatt

Give Tavares a start? he's 21 ffs, not a child a full grown man who can probably look out for himself, or else run away from defenders.
Don't loan him out, get him ready for 1st team next season instead of Waghorn/Walker. The lad has more about him than either than those two

But none of them start…

Users who are viewing this thread