Match Thread Huddersfield on saturday (4 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I really hope we use these remaining game now to assess players who will be here (or at least we hope will be) and give some youngsters some matchday experience.

Wilson
Rose Fadz Hyam
Kane Sheaf Hamer *Reid
O'Hare
Gyokeres Tavares

*if fit

Moore/Billson, G Burroughs, Eccles, Howley, Allen, Jones, Waghorn​

Legia Sky Blue

I really hope we use these remaining game now to assess players who will be here (or at least we hope will be) and give some youngsters some matchday experience.

Wilson
Rose Fadz Hyam
Kane Sheaf Hamer *Reid
O'Hare
Gyokeres Tavares

*if fit

I would be very surprised if Hamer plays. No point getting him suspended for the start of next season. Where's Bidwell by the way?

Grendel

Wilson
Rose Fadz Hyam
Kane Sheaf Hamer *Reid
O'Hare
Gyokeres Tavares

*if fit

lol Reid and Tavares starting

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

lol Reid and Tavares starting
Our season is over.

We have no LWB so give Reid two games to prove he might be up to the job. If not (as I expect would be the case) we know we've got a lot of recruitment to do in that position. But on the off chance he takes to it well we've got something to work on over the summer.

Same with Tavares. People are unsure about walker and Waghorn. Godden spends a lot of time injured. So let's give the lad a chance to see if he might be able to step up.

I'd also consider starting Jones for these last two games just for that final throw of the dice in case he shows he could potentially solve a problem without us needing to spend a lot of money. I'd probably start Eccles for one of them as well

We're very rarely in a position to give our U23's a chance to step up to the first team. At this moment we are so let's use it to build for next year, rather than playing people who will be leaving at the end of the season.

Instead, I expect Shipley to be on the bench and get a run out as a chance to say goodbye.

better days

Our season is over.

We have no LWB so give Reid two games to prove he might be up to the job. If not (as I expect would be the case) we know we've got a lot of recruitment to do in that position. But on the off chance he takes to it well we've got something to work on over the summer.

Same with Tavares. People are unsure about walker and Waghorn. Godden spends a lot of time injured. So let's give the lad a chance to see if he might be able to step up.

I'd also consider starting Jones for these last two games just for that final throw of the dice in case he shows he could potentially solve a problem without us needing to spend a lot of money. I'd probably start Eccles for one of them as well

We're very rarely in a position to give our U23's a chance to step up to the first team. At this moment we are so let's use it to build for next year, rather than playing people who will be leaving at the end of the season.

Instead, I expect Shipley to be on the bench and get a run out as a chance to say goodbye.
U23s have a game Thursday
Line up will give a clue as to who might/might not be involved at the weekend

SlowerThanPlatt

Our season is over.

Robins has pretty much ruled out Reid being able to play left wing back

KenilworthSkyBlue

Our season is over.

Jones is likely to never play for us again and there hasn't exactly been glowing reviews of Reid in the U23s. Personally don't see the point in giving either of them an opportunity.

Would much rather see us try to finish as strong as possible.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Our season is over.

I would give Shipley a go at LWB last 2 games to see how he gets on

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I would probably look to try out some players and rest others

Wilson
Rose - Fadz - Hyam
Kane - Sheaf - Kelly - Shipley
O’hare - Allen
Gyökeres

Subs :
Moore, Maatsen, JCS, Howley, Hamer, Waghorn, Tavares​

Bring Tavares on around 70 (for O’hare), Howley on around 80 (for Kelly) and Maatsen on around 60 (for Allen)

SlowerThanPlatt

I would probably look to try out some players and rest others

Wilson
Rose - Fadz - Hyam
Kane - Sheaf - Kelly - Shipley
O’hare - Allen
Gyökeres

Subs :
Moore, Maatsen, JCS, Howley, Hamer, Waghorn, Tavares​

Bring Tavares on around 70 (for O’hare), Howley on around 80 (for Kelly) and Maatsen on around 60 (for Allen)
Rest them for what?

fernandopartridge

Jones is likely to never play for us again and there hasn't exactly been glowing reviews of Reid in the U23s. Personally don't see the point in giving either of them an opportunity.

Would much rather see us try to finish as strong as possible.
Agreed, strong possibility we could finish in the bottom half which would be bitterly disappointing if it happened

Hertsccfc

Not personally but a few of my mates passed through in the area when they did some travelling in Africa. It's not a mainstream destination so be curious to get your view on it as a place to visit.
Likewise would be really interested to know what you think of it.

SBT

Why do we need to play these guys to see if they’re up to scratch? Robins has been watching them all season and clearly decided they’re not ready.

Sky Blue Harry H

A good family friend has worked a lot in Africa and Afghanistan (Oxfam). Amongst her experiences in flying, was being served an egg which had a chick in it, and a plane landing in the bush so that the pilot could go for a dump !!

Users who are viewing this thread