Hope you're happy, Torchy, Grenduffy, etc (5 Viewers)

hill83

Never ever change SkyBlueKid, you big old living in Wales, member of Mensa, offering to fight people in a pub, 20 suits div.

simonregis

I've always said that if SISU got their act together they have a case. What CCC fail to comprehend is they are ment to act in the best interest of the electorate and not their own choices.

martcov

Doubt whether SISU will win. They weren't forced into anything and their reputation was not perfect anyway. I just hope they are well and truly kicked into touch. After that they either appeal again or maybe try to build a football team to sell ( or maybe both ), but at least we can get on with the football season without a distraction.

Grendel

Doubt whether SISU will win. They weren't forced into anything and their reputation was not perfect anyway. I just hope they are well and truly kicked into touch. After that they either appeal again or maybe try to build a football team to sell ( or maybe both ), but at least we can get on with the football season without a distraction.

Thanks Perry Mason

ptr

The behind the scenes stuff and anything to do with SISU is just a load of shite bollox. Concentrate on on-field football matters you will feel a lot better for it. These lot would argue black is white and will we ever hear the end of it.

Shakeitup

The behind the scenes stuff and anything to do with SISU is just a load of shite bollox. Concentrate on on-field football matters you will feel a lot better for it. These lot would argue black is white and will we ever hear the end of it.

Amen to that.

The most accurate use of "bollox" on this forum today!

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Wankers like you lot that don't pay taxes towards CCC. Let's see what tax/rates payers in Coventry will think of you now that SISU have got another court hearing and could actually win their case!!!

I'm a tax/rate payer in Coventry, and I can assure you that a court case Torchomatic and Grendel aren't part of won't have much effect on what I think of them. I'm not a dribbling psychopath.

Sky Blue Pete

I know they have to make their case but it's only a right to appeal and when there are comments like they were forced to move to Northampton I can't believe there are any legal arguments that they will win

Moff

You go SBK and burn your bra.

I mean being a tax payer in the good old city of CCFC you surely arent that stupid to make your post ironic. Oh wait a minute you live in Cardiff the home of the other CCFC.....my mistake you are that stupid.

Monkeyface

Haven't read through all the posts... bit sick of reading the same shit over and over. However I did think it was worth posting my rather worthless opinion. I have from day one been what some would describe as anti-SISU, and do still hate them for the part they have played. But there's just a part of me lately thinking... if SISU are continuing to fight after all this time and cost, and against the advice of judges etc, they must truly believe they have a case... right? The whole thing on all sides sounds dodgy as fuck, and should it prove at the end that the council acted against the best interest of the city, well fair play to SISU.

But let's make one thing clear, I still desperately want to let Fishers tyres down!

Brighton Sky Blue

Having been away for a while it's good to see that the same lunacy is still prevailing. We weren't forced out, we chose to leave with the aim of distressing ACL, it worked, but Wasps came in and beat us to the cut price deal. There is nothing else to say, it is old news and if a court believes SISU were genuinely forced out then Joy's legal team has played a blinder.

NorthernWisdom

If a court genuinely believes SISU were forced out, then we have to accept that SISU were forced out.

As mentioned, I would be amazed if CCC were to lose this case ultimately (unlike Moff, one thing I have faith in is councils following process... although I guess some may be better at that than others ;) ). But... this is the best form of independent arbitration we have. As it happens, we're talking small points of procedure as much as anything here so it's a shame it's not wider but... it's the best independent assessment.

That aside, the general point they're arguing about, it appears isn't as black and white as it could be, as different independent arbitrators are coming up with different viewpoints and comments... enough comments and quotes that can be used against both sides for many many threads to come (Trust leaflets coming up about how CCC would have been no worse, or even better, in terms of the financial result to the council, and how the valuations of ACL were not well grounded?). The ideal result at the end of this, whoever 'wins' and 'loses' would probably be the realisation of both sides that they both have plenty of things to learn going forward in terms of how they deal with other parties... and that we're all stronger together.

That assessment currently says that CCC did not act outside of what they were supposed to by bailing out ACL, so that has to be accepted as such. We can't start selectively deciding which verdicts to accept or otherwise depending on our preonceptions however.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

blueflint

Surely at the low that Sisu left ACL the tax payer gained when Wasps took over?

acl were not fully owned by ccc so the sale would not be a loss to them the arena is leased to wasps so thats not a loss either.
the taxpayers have not lost anything as ccc still hold the freehold on the ricoh

wince

I think sisu.s point and as much as I hate them agree with,is that if it had been ,A.N.OTHER company withholding rent (ie compass)trying to distress ACL and as a result it looked they would go under then the council would be duty bound to get the best deal for the tax payer , and it that meant higgs and ACL went bust that's business , The fact that its sisu causing the problem just adds to the confusion, but the out come in sisu eyes in my opinion should have been the same , failed company , lease back to the council, which is where the argument comes in, would the council/taxpayer be better off if they could have renegotiated all the contracts ACL had from scratch a couple of years ago

Captain Dart

If a court genuinely believes SISU were forced out, then we have to accept that SISU were forced out.

Do you think that is the case?

I seem to remember a number of newspaper articles where ACL said we haven't forced CCFC out, we want them to stay etc.

I think sisu.s point and as much as I hate them agree with,is that if it had been ,A.N.OTHER company withholding rent (ie compass)trying to distress ACL and as a result it looked they would go under then the council would be duty bound to get the best deal for the tax payer , and it that meant higgs and ACL went bust that's business , The fact that its sisu causing the problem just adds to the confusion, but the out come in sisu eyes in my opinion should have been the same , failed company , lease back to the council, which is where the argument comes in, would the council/taxpayer be better off if they could have renegotiated all the contracts ACL had from scratch a couple of years ago

Question is, which course of action would have been better for CCC?

1) Make the loan, sell on to 3rd party for £5.5M plus the loan paid off (as happened)
2) Let ACL go bust, causing Yorkshire Bank as the lender to take the hit, then let auction to Wasps and CCFC.

I would not be sure option 2) would have happened like that, Wasps might have lost interest without any guarantee and no doubt SISU's offer would have been 'poor to derisory' . Well that's what I reckon..

CCC might also say that now they have 2 major sports teams in the City it is better for Coventry, though I'm aware a lot of posters on here would strongly oppose that argument. :)thinking about: senses several purple faces out there)

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator

I seem to remember a number of newspaper articles where ACL said we haven't forced CCFC out, we want them to stay etc.
Was that on the same page as the articles saying they are a successful business and going from strength to strength and want to built trust with the club?

jimmyhillsfanclub

I seem to remember a lot of bullshit coming from ACL & a lot of folks lapping it up as gospel.......

skybluetony176

Was that on the same page as the articles saying they are a successful business and going from strength to strength and want to built trust with the club?

Its a matter of fact that ACL made 2 offers for the club to return to the Ricoh before the club finally came to the negotiation table, one through the administrator and one through the FL. At no time did SISU counter these offers or use these offers as an oppertunity to negotiate. They even tried to deny that they had recieved an offer through the FL until the FL confirmed it and then apparently it didn't count as it wasn't a direct offer. When they did finally get to the negotiating table guess what the outcome was?

For these reasons alone I struggle to see whether they win or not how they can say that they were forced out.

Nick

Administrator
Its a matter of fact that ACL made 2 offers for the club to return to the Ricoh before the club finally came to the negotiation table, one through the administrator and one through the FL. At no time did SISU counter these offers or use these offers as an oppertunity to negotiate. They even tried to deny that they had recieved an offer through the FL until the FL confirmed it and then apparently it didn't count as it wasn't a direct offer. When they did finally get to the negotiating table guess what the outcome was?

For these reasons alone I struggle to see whether they win or not how they can say that they were forced out.

All well and good, you fail to mention clauses in the offers. Rent going back up etc. I'm surprised you aren't going to try using Hoffman's offer too.

Yep, the difference when they finally negotiated was that acl was pretty much sold to somebody else.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Moff or is that Muff...... The last bra I burned was your mrs after she left it in my car(And you call me stupid). Furthermore in response to your post, I live in Caerphilly not Cardiff. Although I, like yourself don't live as you cleverly pointed out in Coventry, therefore don't pay tax/rates to CCC. It doesn't mean I have no interest in what happens to the people of Coventry. My mother who is 89, Brothers and sisters all live there in Tile Hill, Allesley Park, Cannon Park. Shanks famous saying isn't true you know, there are far more important things in this world than football, and the biggest game of them all is life.

Nick

Administrator
@ Moff or is that Muff...... The last bra I burned was your mrs after she left it in my car(And you call me stupid). Furthermore in response to your post, I live in Caerphilly not Cardiff. Although I, like yourself don't live as you cleverly pointed out in Coventry, therefore don't pay tax/rates to CCC. It doesn't mean I have no interest in what happens to the people of Coventry. My mother who is 89, Brothers and sisters all live there in Tile Hill, Allesley Park, Cannon Park. Shanks famous saying isn't true you know, there are far more important things in this world than football, and the biggest game of them all is life.

So why do you have a dig about people paying council tax to CCC when you don't live there yourself?

Sky Blue Kid

@ Nick... Who is "Having a dig" at people that pay tax/rates to CCC? I'm saying people that don't live in Coventry ie- Torchy, Grenduffy, etc, couldn't give a fuck if SISU win the court case against CCC and the people of Coventry are left to find (As suggested by SISU £200m) in compensation. Taken from Telegraph Quote[Sisu sources have suggested the compensation claim could run into hundreds of millions of pounds.] Unquote. I did live in Coventry and I paid my tax/rates. Those of you that post on here who live with Mummy and Daddy should ask them what it might mean to them.

torchomatic

Yet, you come on here wetting your pants and f'ing and blinding at strangers about it?

Weird.

there are far more important things in this world than football, and the biggest game of them all is life.

Nick

Administrator
@ Nick... Who is "Having a dig" at people that pay tax/rates to CCC? I'm saying people that don't live in Coventry ie- Torchy, Grenduffy, etc, couldn't give a fuck if SISU win the court case against CCC and the people of Coventry are left to find (As suggested by SISU £200m) in compensation. Taken from Telegraph Quote[Sisu sources have suggested the compensation claim could run into hundreds of millions of pounds.] Unquote. I did live in Coventry and I paid my tax/rates. Those of you that post on here who live with Mummy and Daddy should ask them what it might mean to them.

What's it matter who people pay their taxes too then? It was you who brought it up, yet you don't pay them any either?

If the tax payer of Coventry has to pay SISU shit loads of money, the tax payers will be outraged with the council won't they for doing something wrong?

skybluetony176

All well and good, you fail to mention clauses in the offers. Rent going back up etc. I'm surprised you aren't going to try using Hoffman's offer too.

Yep, the difference when they finally negotiated was that acl was pretty much sold to somebody else.

I'm not failing to mention anything. Just pointing out when the people you're claiming forced you out have tried to communicate with you and you've given them the cold shoulder it's hard to claim you were forced out when they're quite clearly trying to entice you back.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not failing to mention anything. Just pointing out when the people you're claiming forced you out have tried to communicate with you and you've given them the cold shoulder it's hard to claim you were forced out when they're quite clearly trying to entice you back.

The same as they said it was down to CCFC to make a bid for the Higgs share and went to the paper to pile the pressure on knowing full well their bid wouldn't be accepted before even seeing it as Wasps were there for 100%?

It's quite clever how everything gets spun and then believed by people.

torchomatic

Sky Blue Kid

@ Nick.... Perhaps you're right , the people of Coventry should blame CCC for even thinking about saving CCFC when they had no stadium after HR. Perhaps they should have said Fuck off, then we wouldn't be having this argument now......As for you Battery Boy, Don't come on here accusing me of F'ing and Blinding, You FUCK and BOLLOCKS like the rest of us pal.

matesx

tut tut the language on here is getting beyond the pale

no need for it

Users who are viewing this thread