hoffman to meet CCFC board (1 Viewer)

Sub

on the back of the cov tel this morning, no bid in place it says tho :thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

I'mARealWizard

Official Statement on CCFC website:

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10269~2586696,00.html

THE following statement has been issued by Coventry City:
Tim Fisher, chief executive of Coventry City, said: "We have had a proposal letter from Gary Hoffman and his associates looking to discuss the future of the football club.

"We have agreed to meet in the near future to talk through both their intentions and plans and to share our own plans for the future of Coventry City.

"We will devote appropriate time and effort to these discussions - but it will not distract us from our ongoing efforts to improve things on and off the field."

:wave:

@richh87

Good news.

There goes the excuse from certain non-protesters that nobody's trying to buy us.

Take the offer SISU and sod off!

:blue:

Sub

i dont think so might of been best if nothing was said tho that way he wouldnt of got a hammering for giving the wrong time scale for it to be sorted:facepalm::facepalm:

Last edited:

Astute

So was what everything keys kept saying on twitter total rubbish

Giving a December date was :D

Just hope the talks stop SISU from selling the rest of our best players.

Hope it is all done on official headed paper this time. It is so important :facepalm: I would say the talks are further on than it sounds on the offal. They would not put it up if talks were just starting. Things are looking a bit better now. HH, Nimely and then they admit talks are going on :claping hands:

Hey Hoffman and his investors :welcome:

Astute

I will match their offer if you go SISU. After all the crap you have put us through £2 is more than enough.

Sub

have to agree astute perhaps this is the start of the END of SISU can only hope, after all seems strange for them to put something on the offal when it normal takes 3 weeks to hear another director has left :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

mattylad

statement given to Mercia says the club have received a proposal from Hoffman and will meet in the near future

Astute

Maybe the new players have come in though because of takeover talks. Maybe we can now look forward to another player or two coming in.

Sub

wonder if SISU have said we want to make X amount from sales then we will be happy to move on ?? just hope its not a joint venture !!!!!!:facepalm::facepalm:

Walking Bird

wonder if SISU have said we want to make X amount from sales then we will be happy to move on ??

Thats exactly what i think is going on & if it means they can rid us of Roy O Donovan its a price i'm willing to play. :claping hands:

torchomatic

I don't like the "share our own plans for the future of the football club" bit. Let's hope this is a takeover rather than just investment.

torchomatic

Mmm. Not sure I buy that. There isn't really anyone left to offload who is really worth anything. Cranie or Clingan? Wouldn't get much for them. Not even for Keogh at the moment.

I hope this is a full-blown takeover, not just SISU wanting money to prop up the club for a while longer.

I think sisu had no intention of meeting until the end of the transfer window so that they can still off load players and cash in with what they can

WillieStanley

They've repeatedly said they'd rather not completely give up the club but I can't imagine anyone wanting to own anything along side SISU. Onwards and upwards with everything crossed!

Sub

Gary Hoffman begins talks with Coventry City over potential takeover

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...ential-takeover-92746-30187358/#ixzz1kMMagWiZ

COVENTRY City fans were today given a glimmer of hope that their football club’s fortunes could be transformed when the Sky Blues agreed to open talks with Gary Hoffman’s investors.
Although any deal is far from done, the mere fact that the two parties have agreed to discuss business is a major development and step forward after the former vice-chairman’s previous takeover attempt ended acrimoniously.
But the life-long City supporter and banker has come back to the table and club owners Sisu are prepared to listen to his investment proposal after he submitted a formal letter requesting open dialogue.
The club have continually stressed that they are looking for co-investors rather than a complete buy-out and it remains to be seen whether Hoffman’s people have a package tempting enough for Sisu to end their four-year tenure at the Ricoh Arena.

Tim Fisher, chief executive of Coventry City, confirmed: “We have had a proposal letter from Gary Hoffman and his associates looking to discuss the future of the football club.
“We have agreed to meet in the near future to talk through both their intentions and plans and to share our own plans for the future of Coventry City.
“We will devote appropriate time and effort to these discussions - but it will not distract us from our ongoing efforts to improve things on and off the field.”
Hoffman’s first approach earlier in the season was understood to be worth upwards of £30million with £10m set aside for investment in players, £10m to fund on-going losses and £10m towards the purchase of half of the stadium.
All details of the discussions are expected to remain confidential, including the identities of the investors, until a conclusion – positive or otherwise – is reached.

torchomatic

Maybe, before gloating and having yet another go at "certain non-protestors" you should see what the offer actually is and whether it is accepted and goes through.

Yes, this is good news, what we all wanted to hear, so you shouldn't really use it as a stick to beat fellow fans with.

Good news.

There goes the excuse from certain non-protesters that nobody's trying to buy us.

Take the offer SISU and sod off!

@richh87

Maybe, before gloating and having yet another go at "certain non-protestors" you should see what the offer actually is and whether it is accepted and goes through.

Yes, this is good news, what we all wanted to hear, so you shouldn't really use it as a stick to beat fellow fans with.

No. Their apathy is inexcusable.

Possibly should've saved it for another thread though.

Come on Hoff!

skyblu3sk

@TSKeysandGray
Richard Keys
For all you. Super Sky Blue fans - check out the ccfc web site this morning. Happy to accept apologies from those who abused me!!
50 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Stoppercurtis

SISU's statement doesn't indicate to me that they are thinking about walking away anytime soon. It's sounds more like "well be better meet Hoffman otherwise the fans will be on our backs again"!

Stopper

ajsccfc

They've repeatedly said they'd rather not completely give up the club but I can't imagine anyone wanting to own anything along side SISU.

I've never been too convinced by that. It's the same as saying the club isn't for sale - I'd always take that to mean they aren't actively hawking it around, but if someone came in with enough sweeteners they'd be off in a shot. Their talk of co-investment in this way just seems like playing their cards close to their chest. Hopefully.

As is your continued haranguing of people you happen to disagree with.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
It is just talks there is no bid as yet. It seems to me that some sort of co ownership is still an option - but the comments from TF will be establishing a negotiating position so its hard to tell. They have a duty as directors to discuss it properly and to issue a joint statement is the professional way to proceed.

It doesnt mean the GH proposals are acceptable to SISU, It doesnt mean they are seeking to go, It doesnt mean a deal can be struck. I cannot see that it can or is likely to be done before the transfer window closes as someone was saying on CWR this morning - infact the statement doesnt imply there is much pace to the process.

BUT - it is a step forward and raises some hope that things will change

As for Keys - he still imo should have kept his mouth shut, this was going to happen without his input (which was largely inaccurate in any case). No apology necessary.

I suspect that GH has been dealing directly with Joy Seppala in this and that is why there is movement in the process. He has gone about it properly & professionally and I think the current CEO TF is matching him in that.

Certainly hopeful - but as with all else believe it when I see it

Astute

Everyone and everything has a price in football. If SISU are not happy with the offer then they won't sell.

Depending on what rumour you believe then a lot of money is owed either by SISU or to SISU. I can't see them walking away making a loss of 20m if that is the case. How longer would they want to stay though if we keep on making a loss.

We will have to see who wins the game of bluff and double bluff.

torchomatic

People who didn't protest but followed their team, do you mean? That's inexcusable, is it?

Yes, should be saved for another thread. You could title it "the apethetic inexcusable fans who aren't as good as what I am" or something similar.

Another example of the boycotters "we're true supporters, not the other lot" attitude that pisses me off so much about the whole SOC thing.

Your attitude stinks.

Possibly should've saved it for another thread though.

Come on Hoff!

Users who are viewing this thread