hoffman to meet CCFC board (1 Viewer)

ashbyjan

Pubic equity? Investing in the worlds oldest profession perhaps? :thinking about:

Brighton Sky Blue

Speculation from people who aren't really in the know is probably doing about as much as posters squabbling amongst themselves over who supports City the most. The truth is, we have no idea what's going on behind closed doors, and even less of an idea of what SISU have planned-people who are involved at a high enough level to know either won't be spouting it around here! Fingers crossed for more to be revealed tommorrow :p

@richh87

I bet SOC are mightily relieved to hear that. You don't do their cause any favours with your attitude.

Nonsense. Now is the time to let the money men deal with it behind closed doors without any distraction.

Now is the time to support the team and help us get out of the relegation zone, that is the most important thing.

Ah but you can support the team AND pile the pressure on. I'll be at Reading but if any pre or post game protests are scheduled i'll be there too.

We need to back the boys AND nudge SISU in the right direction; the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Hopefully there'll be no need and things will conclude favourably. I would say though that I doubt SISU would be as keen to talk if fans hadn't made their feelings clear and hurt SISU in the media. SISU have a reputation to uphold - like any company, and the people running it are only human.

It's extremely naive to think that SOC and supporters such as Brinner have had no impact.

Case in point being in the summer when deluded Ken said "it's hard persuading SISU to continue with funding when they say: BUT THE FANS HATE US".

ccfchandsy

All I say is that if sisu do sell then we should get as many fans into the Ricoh as possible completely sell it out on the first game of the new investors and show them what can be achieved at our club

Ah but you can support the team AND pile the pressure on. I'll be at Reading but if any pre or post game protests are scheduled i'll be there too.

We need to back the boys AND nudge SISU in the right direction; the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Hopefully there'll be no need and things will conclude favourably. I would say though that I doubt SISU would be as keen to talk if fans hadn't made their feelings clear and hurt SISU in the media. SISU have a reputation to uphold - like any company, and the people running it are only human.

It's extremely naive to think that SOC and supporters such as Brinner have had no impact.

Case in point being in the summer when deluded Ken said "it's hard persuading SISU to continue with funding when they say: BUT THE FANS HATE US".

Once again you ask you a leap of blind faith. How is Hoffman "a nudge in the right direction"? Please tell me about this bid, the financial credibility, the business plan, the personnel involved - enlighten me - you must know what you are talking about to confidently post Hoffman is "the right direction" - and I do not buy the Hoffman could not do any worse than SISU line. Facts please and then I shall evaluate and make my mind up, as you cannot expect me (and the many many like me) to make a sound judgement call.

So over to you :thinking about:

Colonel Mustard

All I say is that if sisu do sell then we should get as many fans into the Ricoh as possible completely sell it out on the first game of the new investors and show them what can be achieved at our club

We've always put the cart before the horse - did so in the Premiership, doing so under SISU. As long as we remain so bloody choosy with our circumstances (e.g. a quarter-final v Chelsea with Cov fan owners), we'll always be a small club.

@richh87

Once again you ask you a leap of blind faith. How is Hoffman "a nudge in the right direction"? Please tell me about this bid, the financial credibility, the business plan, the personnel involved - enlighten me - you must know what you are talking about to confidently post Hoffman is "the right direction" - and I do not buy the Hoffman could not do any worse than SISU line. Facts please and then I shall evaluate and make my mind up, as you cannot expect me (and the many many like me) to make a sound judgement call.

You're right, let's stick with SISU who are cost cutting their way to non-league football - rather than put faith in an EXTREMELY well connected and respectable man who loves this club like the rest of us.

Bravo.

Nonleagueherewecome

Point Of The Year, that. We saw a glimpse against Leeds and Chelsea of what can happen. That could be every week with a winning team long-term.

Astute

So much of what you have said is correct, but so much needs reconsidering.

Why are we at the bottom of the table? We have a small squad and are lacking in certain positions. Take a bow SISU. It would take a lot to get any worse than SISU.

Portsmouth.....one name to show us it could get worse. They keep thinking they have found their saviour. Their new owners each time pass the fitness test.

At least I would think that Hoffman would bring proper investors to our club. He loves our club like we do. He works in investments, so would have a good idea who he is bringing to our club. The odds are whoever comes to our club would be better than SISU, but there will always be a risk, however small it is. This does not mean though that we should treat any takeover with contempt.

torchomatic

Gary Hoffman is the City supporter, not his investors, the just want to make money. They put their faith in him to make that money, so its not quite as rosy as it seems. I really want Hoffman to succeed here, I just hope we aren't going from the frying pan into the fire.

You're right, let's stick with SISU who are cost cutting their way to non-league football - rather than put faith in an EXTREMELY well connected and respectable man who loves this club like the rest of us.

Bravo.

Ah - I see - so you know nothing then.

In that case I will wait and see before deciding for myself.

Gary Hoffman is the City supporter, not his investors, the just want to make money. They put their faith in him to make that money, so its not quite as rosy as it seems. I really want Hoffman to succeed here, I just hope we aren't going from the frying pan into the fire.

I agree. Gary Hoffman is a businessman, as are his investors, before anything else so do not allow sentiment to cloud your judgement. Peter Risdale was a lifelong Leeds fan and look at the state he left them in by the time he departed.

He may turn out to be the best thing for CCFC since sliced bread but it is far too early to for blind leaps of faith. Let us see how this plays out.

BrisbaneBronco

How can anyone be worse than SISU?. They are killing the club.

torchomatic

I'm not saying Hoff is worse. I'm just thinking of Portsmouth and the amount of times they have been "saved". Fans say Hoff is a fan so we'll be OK. If it was his money then I would agree, but its not, so I'm just being a little cautious.

keef

Its a fair point, he is just the front man of a team of investors.....and they are investing

BrisbaneBronco

Portsmouth?

The events at Portsmouth over the last few years make SISU look like astute investors.

Portsmouth facing a winding up order due to outstanding amount of 1.6m to tax office.
How much money do we owe the tax office? How can we be sure that our debt is 100% due to SISU. Somehow I doubt it. Just because we have not faced a winding up order, does not mean we are in a better position than Portsmouth. Didnt our last set of accounts contain a statement along the lines of the Football club no longer being viable?

Grendel

Its a fair point, he is just the front man of a team of investors.....and they are investing

And investors normally want returns. The football club is not a good asset to put it mildly. Most people were doing cartwheels when sisu took over but gates still hovered around the 17,000 mark. Ranson wasn't a fan but thought he could spend spend and spend but once the investment wasn't likely to get a return the resources were pulled.

If new investors take hold of the ground they will than have an asset base to work with but at some point we must accept the supporters have to assume responsibility and invest themselves by attending in far higher numbers than they have been doing for many years.

If the new investors start to lose money the same will happen again. We are not a registered charity or a license to waste money.

Grendel

Portsmouth facing a winding up order due to outstanding amount of 1.6m to tax office.
How much money do we owe the tax office? How can we be sure that our debt is 100% due to SISU. Somehow I doubt it. Just because we have not faced a winding up order, does not mean we are in a better position than

Portsmouth. Didnt our last set of accounts contain a statement along the lines of the Football club no longer being viable?

The point was Portsmouth have been run worse than we have under sisu. No one can argue with that.

Astute

How much money do we owe the tax office? How can we be sure that our debt is 100% due to SISU. Somehow I doubt it. Just because we have not faced a winding up order, does not mean we are in a better position than Portsmouth. Didnt our last set of accounts contain a statement along the lines of the Football club no longer being viable?

I have been a supporter for about 35 years. I can't remember the last time our club as a business was viable.

So you think the taxman would chase Portsmouth but leave us alone? Portsmouth are not the only club they are after. They are also trying to change the rules of football saying football debts come first.

Astute

Whilst we are in the championship we are one step away from making some serious money. It is a big step though. Ask Fester and Cardiff fans. They have spent millions and not made it.

If whoever takes us over (if anyone does) invests enough to make us competitive without putting our future into more doubt then we would have a decent chance. Our attendances would go up a bit if we had a winning team, giving us more income. Most football teams run at a loss. The new financial rules about to come in should change this a bit. This is one part we are ahead of the game. Other teams will have to go through what we have. Then players will not be able to get massive wages at most clubs. Will take a few years for it all to happen though.

@richh87

Problem is while we don't own the stadium I can't see how we'll ever be able to get near to break even.

Sure SISU have reduced the losses massively - but look where it's taking us, to League 1. So what happens next season? Income will be greatly reduced and, as we have to pay a fortune to use the Ricoh we'll have to again pay less in wages than our competitors which in turn might lead to League 2.

So what can be done?

If Hoffman's lot can buy the Ricoh it gives us a much better chance for the future IMO.

Astute

Owning the ground would be a big help, but it would need to be done without a loan, otherwise the extra income would mainly be swallowed up with the repayments. A winning team with cup runs is our best way of going forward otherwise. A winning team has higher gates. Higher gates mean higher income.

If Hoffman's lot can buy the Ricoh it gives us a much better chance for the future IMO.

I'm surprised noone else has touched on this. Our future depends on this and SISU appear to have failed in their attempts to purchase a half share. If Hoffman's consortium can do that initially - as planned - then our future would be far more secure under their tenure.

I'm surprised noone else has touched on this. Our future depends on this and SISU appear to have failed in their attempts to purchase a half share. If Hoffman's consortium can do that initially - as planned - then our future would be far more secure under their tenure.

Nobody should be able to buy the Ricoh unless they are buying the club. I don't care who they are and these things need to be linked...period. I hope you mean this also!

Nobody should be able to buy the Ricoh unless they are buying the club. I don't care who they are and these things need to be linked...period. I hope you mean this also!

Well I think that goes without saying!

If what is being reported is correct then investment will put into the covering losses, improving the playing squad and, most importantly, purchasing a half share in the stadium.

The original bid was £10m set aside for investment in players, £10m to fund on-going losses and £10m towards the purchase of half of the stadium. I can't imagine this proposal will be much different if at all.

Godiva

Owning the ground would be a big help, but it would need to be done without a loan, otherwise the extra income would mainly be swallowed up with the repayments. A winning team with cup runs is our best way of going forward otherwise. A winning team has higher gates. Higher gates mean higher income.

In your post just before the one I quote you refer to the FFP regulation.
With that in mind owning the income stream from the stadium is a massive advantage - even if there is no profit (cost equals income) - as the stadium revenue will count towards allowed spending on wages.

Astute

In your post just before the one I quote you refer to the FFP regulation.
With that in mind owning the income stream from the stadium is a massive advantage - even if there is no profit (cost equals income) - as the stadium revenue will count towards allowed spending on wages.

I agree with what you say, but there are also contracts already signed for the running of the stadium. How much of this was paid in advance? I have no idea myself.

ccfcway

This takeover better hurry up of its in time for us to sign players in January to keep us in the division

:whistle::whistle:

mattylad

If you read the Joe Elliott quote today "Now the two sides are in constructive dialogue the immediate priority is Championship survival and getting as many fans into the Ricoh and behind the team"

So presuming it has been transcribed correctly we can assume talks have started already and I will throw some wild speculation in that perhaps they might release some funds prior to a takeover (perhaps a couple of hundred thou) if they feel it might serve there long term aim of acquiring the club.

sky_blue_up_north

All the excitment about Hoffman. I remember when on Francis Lee took over Man City. Former player, Fan, business man. He totally failed in his quest to return Man City to their former glory, in fact the made it worst. So, just be careful what you wish for

Users who are viewing this thread