Hickman (2 Viewers)

fatso

No, he left the club, went down to the bar for a bit and is now down by the pool.
He's now brushing his teeth with his finger.

You should never neglect your teeth!

pastythegreat

Spot on, think those baying for blood must’ve been very well behaved when they were that age and full of beer. That or they’re all hypocrites...
Hypocrites? No. I agree that we all done things we weren't proud of when we were younger. But none of us were in a position like him. A position where by he COULD of made millions of pounds doing something he loved. He openly (drunk or not doesnt matter) told his employers to go fuck themselves online. I most on here would of done that, or were using drugs, we'd of been out if the door before the plane had even landed back in the UK. The fact he still has a semi pro career ahead of him is lucky in my eyes.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

covboy1987

Hypocrites? No. I agree that we all done things we weren't proud of when we were younger. But none of us were in a position like him. A position where by he COULD of made millions of pounds doing something he loved. He openly (drunk or not doesnt matter) told his employers to go fuck themselves online. I most on here would of done that, or were using drugs, we'd of been out if the door before the plane had even landed back in the UK. The fact he still has a semi pro career ahead of him is lucky in my eyes.

We have all done things that we regret when we were younger - Unfortunately, he has gone way over the top - I would have thought that he thinks every day why did I do that ?- The real unfortunate thing is that if he was a young superstar with clubs chasing him he would not have been left out to dry - He needs to be helped and guided and given a chance not slaughtered

pastythegreat

We have all done things that we regret when we were younger - Unfortunately, he has gone way over the top - I would have thought that he thinks every day why did I do that ?- The real unfortunate thing is that if he was a young superstar with clubs chasing him he would not have been left out to dry - He needs to be helped and guided and given a chance not slaughtered
Listen, at 18, I was serving my country in Afghanistan. I was paid next to fuck all and expected to lay my life on the line in return. I seen 7 close friends killed and many more injured. Yet, given all that, if I was found with the teeniest tiniest amount of drugs in my system, do you think I'd of been given a second chance???
Sorry if I lack any shits for a jumped up little prick who told the club and fans to fuck off as he was too good for us!

robbiekeane

Listen, at 18, I was serving my country in Afghanistan. I was paid next to fuck all and expected to lay my life on the line in return. I seen 7 close friends killed and many more injured. Yet, given all that, if I was found with the teeniest tiniest amount of drugs in my system, do you think I'd of been given a second chance???
Sorry if I lack any shits for a jumped up little prick who told the club and fans to fuck off as he was too good for us!

Appreciate the service mate

pastythegreat

Appreciate the service mate
I'm not begging for likes buddy, but thanks for the appreciation. Just pointing out that the world is bigger than giving somebody a second bite at the privelaged apple. Most people dont even get one bite at it, let alone another chance after fucking up the 1st one.
Had I of done something similar whilst in the army (especially taking drugs) I'd of been packed up and at the job centre within 48 hours. No ifs, no buts. Gone. End of. And my pockets were a damn sight lighter too.

Many companies nowadays, especially big companies such as JLR etc, employ people to trawl social media. And if any employees are caught bad mouthing their employer off online, they'll be dismissed for bringing the company into disrepute. And this is some random with 100 followers. Now multiply them followers by 10 for a famous footballer (not Hickman obviously, but you get my point) and they do it but are given a second chance?? Nah, not for me.

Last edited:

shmmeee

I'm not begging for likes buddy, but thanks for the appreciation. Just pointing out that the world is bigger than giving somebody a second bite at the privelaged apple. Most people dont even get one bite at it, let alone another chance after fucking up the 1st one.
Had I of done something similar whilst in the army (especially taking drugs) I'd of been packed up and at the job centre within 48 hours. No ifs, no buts. Gone. End of. And my pockets were a damn sight lighter too.

Many companies nowadays, especially big companies such as JLR etc, employ people to trawl social media. And if any employees are caught bad mouthing their employer off online, they'll be dismissed for bringing the company into disrepute. And this is some random with 100 followers. Now multiply them followers by 10 for a famous footballer (not Hickman obviously, but you get my point) and they do it but are given a second chance?? Nah, not for me.

Spot on. I know people that have lost minimum wage warehouse and retail work through failing a drug test. The idea we should feel sympathy for someone in the most privileged of positions is laughable.

And thanks for your service.

SBchimp

Not sure how Jak is still getting time on here. Yes he was absolutely privileged to be playing football for a living and particularly at CCFC. However the reality is he was probably on no more than £250/£300 a week (right down at minimum wage).
For all but 6 weeks of the year he would be required to eat and drink correctly and yes he was a silly boy, giving it large with his mates on holiday.
I’m still not convinced that he told Cov to fuck off, it was “I’m leaving, fuck cov” which if you consider he may well have been told a few days earlier that he was not part of the plans and was free to leave/find another club, is maybe not an unexpected drink fuelled response.

I’m sure, there will not be a day that goes by where he doesn’t regret his actions.

Being a pissed up dick on holiday doesn’t equate to failing a drugs test in a warehouse with heavy lifting equipment around either.
Time to move on, let him be, so he can move on too.

fatso

Not sure how Jak is still getting time on here. Yes he was absolutely privileged to be playing football for a living and particularly at CCFC. However the reality is he was probably on no more than £250/£300 a week (right down at minimum wage).
For all but 6 weeks of the year he would be required to eat and drink correctly and yes he was a silly boy, giving it large with his mates on holiday.
I’m still not convinced that he told Cov to fuck off, it was “I’m leaving, fuck cov” which if you consider he may well have been told a few days earlier that he was not part of the plans and was free to leave/find another club, is maybe not an unexpected drink fuelled response.

I’m sure, there will not be a day that goes by where he doesn’t regret his actions.

Being a pissed up dick on holiday doesn’t equate to failing a drugs test in a warehouse with heavy lifting equipment around either.
Time to move on, let him be, so he can move on too.
There’s a ridiculous amount of theorising going on there.
You have no idea what he was earning, and even less about what he may or may not of been told!
Just stick to the facts, which are (in case you forgot)
1, he was an employee of ccfc
2, he publicly embarrassed himself, and the club
3, he offended many of his employers customers
4, he appears to use drugs while lambasting his employers
5. He failed to act as an ambassador for the club (which is drummed into every young player)
6, he presents an appalling example to other young players at the club.

I could go on, but I think I’ve made the point.
In reality I think he’s extremely fortunate that he remains on the payroll of ccfc until such time that he finds another club, or his contract expires.

His best contribution to young professionals at any club, may be as an example of how not to conduct yourself when your in the public eye.

Nick

Administrator
There’s a ridiculous amount of theorising going on there.
You have no idea what he was earning, and even less about what he may or may not of been told!
Just stick to the facts, which are (in case you forgot)
1, he was an employee of ccfc
2, he publicly embarrassed himself, and the club
3, he offended many of his employers customers
4, he appears to use drugs while lambasting his employers
5. He failed to act as an ambassador for the club (which is drummed into every young player)
6, he presents an appalling example to other young players at the club.

I could go on, but I think I’ve made the point.
In reality I think he’s extremely fortunate that he remains on the payroll of ccfc until such time that he finds another club, or his contract expires.

His best contribution to young professionals at any club, may be as an example of how not to conduct yourself when your in the public eye.

I'd guess he does know a fair bit about it.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Personally think you can take what he says in quite a few different ways when you don’t know the full context. Did he actually tell his employer to fuck off? Or was it Cov the city or the fans or whatever. I don’t know exactly what he meant, but from that video people now openly talk like he is a convicted cocaine dealer with a personal vendetta against Lady Godiva.

He’s paying a pretty hefty price for what could easily have been a tongue-in-cheek bit of lad’s holiday banter.

Users who are viewing this thread