Has anyone got any updates from the SBT meeting tonight? (1 Viewer)

Norman Binns

Of course it's not stupid. Don't you ever watch any top flight and international rugby, they're rarely played on plough fields anymore.

Look at how nice this pitch is. http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/30256193

Oh and who makes money by renting out their pitch? And it will probably take and recover better from being covered for concerts, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Yes I have seen top class Rugby Union at Twickenham and elsewhere. The pitch looks lovely in that link doesn't it, nice and green and if you get up close about 6 inches in length. You couldn't play football on that. Of course you can play Rugby Union on a good surface but it's not that critical like it is for football.

Brighton Sky Blue

I asked one and gave a bit of advice.

First It was reported the deal was For £30M but ended up at £20M.

As you've now got a spare ten mill kicking round can you offer It to SISU to FO.

Reply don't believe all you read In the papers.

The Advice was to Shake It up at ACL If they wanted a return as they've been In the comfort zone .

What was the atmosphere like Wingy? A few laughs at 'this isn't a franchise' I hope.

Grendel

So wasps looked at the Ricoh in December 2013.
Did SISU get given a deadline of Jan 14 to put in decent offer for ACL. Otherwise the council would be forced to consider alternatives options.
SISU let the deadline go and said we are building a new stadium, freehold or nothing?

Anne Lucas said no contact before July 2014 so clearly Eastwood is a liar isn't he Don?

cornoccfc

Michael asked a decent question:

I wouldn't say that is being done to help CCFC is it? Are Wasps going to play indoors?

Do rugby clubs typically worry about the state of a pitch normally though!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Yes I have seen top class Rugby Union at Twickenham and elsewhere. The pitch looks lovely in that link doesn't it, nice and green and if you get up close about 6 inches in length. You couldn't play football on that. Of course you can play Rugby Union on a good surface but it's not that critical like it is for football.

What are we going to do next season at least at the moment we can blame the pitch for our players misplaced passes

Sick Boy

I can only presume that those who falsely accuse others of supporting sisu do so to defend their own absurd justification of their beloved council. Isn't there a story in the CET today about the council using taxpayer's money for some development in the city centre and hiding behind confidentiality...priceless.

wingy

No, we need Neutral Fan to clarify. Only he's got his daily mention of MGI in the bag so he wont be back until tomorrow ;)

Well Mr Eastwood Is an out and out Liar as there Is no hedge fund Involved ,Wasps own ACL. Wasps are held by a Holding Company In Malta ,

Mr Richardson Owns 98% of Wasps.

In answer to BSB ,no mate there was no hostility In the room.

Sick Boy

Somebody is clearly lying. Which proves the point that every party is pretty much full of shit in all this mess :(

All parties in this have lied to the fans. Yet some still try and stick up for them...it is bizarre.

Personally I am not a rugby fan but I am a fan of sport...yet some seem desperate to try and defend a franchise team who are attempting to poach fans from Coventry Rugby Club. If all of these glory hunters love rugby so much, why haven't they been snapping up tickets for their hometown team who seem to actually be turning the corner.

Wasps couldn't have picked a better city. Full of cap doffers and apathetic glory supporters. I'm sure the one's welcoming Wasps are also the ones who welcomed sisu with open arms and shouted down other people's misgivings about the whole thing. To think some of them are desperate for Wasps to buy ccfc is very sad.

Sick Boy

Well Mr Eastwood Is an out and out Liar as there Is no hedge fund Involved ,Wasps own ACL. Wasps are held by a Holding Company In Malta ,

Mr Richardson Owns 98% of Wasps.

In answer to BSB ,no mate there was no hostility In the room.

The SBT is an absolute joke then and a disgrace to the club and fans.

stupot07

What are we going to do next season at least at the moment we can blame the pitch for our players misplaced passes

We can back to the seat colour clashing with the kits and players not being able to pick each other out....,,

...perhaps wasps should change the seating after all....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Sick Boy

We can back to the seat colour clashing with the kits and players not being able to pick each other out....,,

...perhaps wasps should change the seating after all....

Has anyone picked up on the fact that he didn't actually deny that the seat colours would change? Only that he couldn't remember the colour of the seats in Wycombe?

* What's this about the club being kicked out of the home dressing room? Could someone give me a link about what this is about, please?

stupot07

6 inches lol.

From maintenance guidelines for rugby.

Mow the pitch. This should be done once a week until the grass stops growing; this will help to keep the sward thick. The pitch is either boxed off or gang mowed depending on the standard of the pitch. Height of cut should be 25 – 50 mm. (2.5-5cm/1-2 inches)

http://www.rfu.com/managingrugby/clubdevelopment/facilitiesandequipment/pitches/maintenance/summary

Football maintenance guide:

The grass should be maintained at between 25 & 30 mm (2.5-3cm/1-1 1/4 inches) in the playing season, using good quality cylinder mowers that provide an even and true cut.

http://www.grassform.co.uk/services...aintenance-guides/football-pitch-maintenance/

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Do rugby clubs typically worry about the state of a pitch normally though!

I don't pretend to understand Rugby but I think its come along way from what we typically thing of Rugby being like

I read one comment on the wasps forum along the lines of it won't help wasps running game, now I don't know what that means but the point he made was that the pitch in its current condition was going to hamper Wasps game.

Chez78

Why do we think rugby is still played on the rutted shit holes we see down our local park?, it's a professional game with a professional playing surface rugby just like football can't afford injuries caused by a poor pitch. It gets chewed up but have a look at all the top clubs and they have great pitches looked after by top groundsmen.

dongonzalos

Did it happen?

04 December 2013 01:53 PM Les Reid
Ann Lucas says she's willing to talk to 'any sensible legitimate business person with any offer to make'

Councillor Ann Lucas said the council would listen to "reasonable and sensible offers" for the freehold but stressed the site would not be sold "unencumbered".
She also said it is time to consider a future for the Ricoh without a football team.

BBC

Fortunately for you, I don't!
Originally Posted by Ann Lucas
But let me be clear, the clock is ticking and time is moving on. I will not lead the Council into a state of paralysis around this issue. Difficult times call for difficult decisions. If this matter cannot be resolved by the turn of the year then I and all of my colleagues on the Labour Group on Coventry City Council will look to put in place a process which ensures the best possible deal for the people of Coventry in relation to the Ricoh Arena.

Got this from a thread in here where she is ridiculed for setting a deadline she couldn't do anything about it

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threa...say-that-Christmas-was-the-Council-s-deadline

News
Coventry News
Joy Seppala
Joy Seppala: We'll come back to the Ricoh..but only as owners

15 January 2014 12:04 PM Simon Gilbert
Director says club is in the final stages of securing land for a new home - but return to Ricoh is still 'preferred option'
He added the club would only return to the Ricoh if negotiations over arena ownership were re-opened by the council

Grendel

04 December 2013 01:53 PM Les Reid
Ann Lucas says she's willing to talk to 'any sensible legitimate business person with any offer to make'

Councillor Ann Lucas said the council would listen to "reasonable and sensible offers" for the freehold but stressed the site would not be sold "unencumbered".
She also said it is time to consider a future for the Ricoh without a football team.

BBC

Fortunately for you, I don't!
Originally Posted by Ann Lucas
But let me be clear, the clock is ticking and time is moving on. I will not lead the Council into a state of paralysis around this issue. Difficult times call for difficult decisions. If this matter cannot be resolved by the turn of the year then I and all of my colleagues on the Labour Group on Coventry City Council will look to put in place a process which ensures the best possible deal for the people of Coventry in relation to the Ricoh Arena.

Got this from a thread in here where she is ridiculed for setting a deadline she couldn't do anything about it

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threa...say-that-Christmas-was-the-Council-s-deadline

News
Coventry News
Joy Seppala
Joy Seppala: We'll come back to the Ricoh..but only as owners

15 January 2014 12:04 PM Simon Gilbert
Director says club is in the final stages of securing land for a new home - but return to Ricoh is still 'preferred option'
He added the club would only return to the Ricoh if negotiations over arena ownership were re-opened by the council

Stop spinning. Did Lucas say wasps approached in July 2014 yes or no?

pusbccfc

Maybe the owners may consider changing the Wasps club colour to sky blue. It would save an awful lot of money on changing the seats and the Ricohs general colour ;)

Sick Boy

Maybe the owners may consider changing the Wasps club colour to sky blue. It would save an awful lot of money on changing the seats and the Ricohs general colour ;)

Yes, I am sure they will, after all, they feel right at home in Coventry.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

So there wasn't any hostility towards Fisher? Wasps are getting an easy ride off the SBT and it can't be denied. It makes us look apathetic and a mickey mouse club.

People wanted to know how CCFC were going to be affected what there plans were got some answers and not others same as when Fisher turned up. I suppose we could have got a lot further by at both meetings calling them all the cunts in the world presumably that would have been productive.

wingy

Think they may have an away kit Of Black and Sky Blue ,they should play in that now every game Is away.

stupot07

Q: are you planning to change your name to Coventry Wasps

A: no, the name 'Coventry' only belongs to one rugby team (and it will limit are marketability and reach with potential customers from Birmingham, warwickshire and beyond....)

WillieStanley

Some people rent a house and make it feel like home.
Others rent a house and despise their landlord due to jealously and they do nothing with the home themselves. Then it doesn't feel like home. That's the feeling I get when I visit the Ricoh these days.
It never used to feel like that.

What the hell kind of shitty comment is that? Jealousy of landlords? What planet are you on? A planet where all people with property are fine upstanding citizens who are simp winning at capitalism while providing an excellent service for the poor ungrateful underclass who should be happy with the overpricing because, well that's just the market. And if your sick, disabled, work three jobs or lack the life skills in order to maintain a home, well that just makes you jealous of the hand that feeds you (at market value).

The feeling I get when I go to the Ricoh is that, in its emptiness for the last year, ACL have let it go. CCFC have been powerless to do anything about that and from the sounds of things, that is only set to continue.

Brighton Sky Blue

What the hell kind of shitty comment is that? Jealousy of landlords? What planet are you on? A planet where all people with property are fine upstanding citizens who are simp winning at capitalism while providing an excellent service for the poor ungrateful underclass who should be happy with the overpricing because, well that's just the market. And if your sick, disabled, work three jobs or lack the life skills in order to maintain a home, well that just makes you jealous of the hand that feeds you (at market value).

The feeling I get when I go to the Ricoh is that, in its emptiness for the last year, ACL have let it go. CCFC have been powerless to do anything about that and from the sounds of things, that is only set to continue.

Well they could not have left and negotiated a price for a stake in it, but that would've made too much sense.

Users who are viewing this thread