Has anyone got any updates from the SBT meeting tonight? (3 Viewers)

wingy

Ooh on the one hand I want to say yes but also as someone else pointed out the judge in the JR did see more evidence of the ACL finances/financial position than we have. So maybe there was something in what ACL were saying or not. Do Wasps still have to produce the ACL accounts now that they've bought the company? If they do that will settle the matter better than we can on here, with no real evidence to prove things either way?

Mr Eastwood Indicated It pretty much Broke even over the last two years .

James Smith

Mr Eastwood Indicated It pretty much Broke even over the last two years .

Okay interesting that he said it and that it's not from one of the usual playerts in all ths but still not a true independent assesment. Would still like to see the audited accounts and then have them interpreted (for those of us who have difficulty understanding them) by someone like OSB58.

torchomatic

Shame I hadn't added Kim Jong Il to that list then. I'd trust him over the other four.

I would like to agree, but didn't he say that he had spoken to one of them but wouldn't say which one?

Astute

Shame I hadn't added Kim Jong Il to that list then. I'd trust him over the other four.

The one thing niggling me is that he has admitted to speaking to one of them. Was it one of them that helped bring Wasps to the Ricoh?

My money would be on Hoffman if it is the case.

NorthernWisdom

The one thing niggling me is that he has admitted to speaking to one of them. Was it one of them that helped bring Wasps to the Ricoh?

I think I've always made my views on the unholy trinity clear ;) tbh though I'd struggle to believe Elliott or Hoffman would have anything to do with Wasps coming into the city. OK, their watches may not have been glorious in the slightest(!) but they're Coventry fans and they surely have seen the trauma of moving CCFC away.

Also, being from Coventry, they'd know there was a rugby team in need of support.

I just can't see either of them being involved in this... and hope I'm right, as I'd rather restrict my barracking to pointing out the failures of the football club during their times involved, rather than have to add anything extra!

Astute

I think I've always made my views on the unholy trinity clear ;) tbh though I'd struggle to believe Elliott or Hoffman would have anything to do with Wasps coming into the city. OK, their watches may not have been glorious in the slightest(!) but they're Coventry fans and they surely have seen the trauma of moving CCFC away.

Also, being from Coventry, they'd know there was a rugby team in need of support.

I just can't see either of them being involved in this... and hope I'm right, as I'd rather restrict my barracking to pointing out the failures of the football club during their times involved, rather than have to add anything extra!

So which one do you think he spoke to and why?

Do you think it could be to back SISU into a corner to try and get them to sell up?

NorthernWisdom

Do you think it could be to back SISU into a corner to try and get them to sell up?

Of the choices he was offered... I fear Hoffman. Ranson would be the logical one though, as he likes investing in sport for investment first.

tbh giving the answer he did was a little unfair really, as it offers the chance for needless speculation!

Brighton Sky Blue

Hoffman/Elliott both persona non grata to SISU so unlikely to be them, Ranson I think left on more favourable terms and of course headed their acquisition of CCFC. Most likely to be him as he is into sports investment generally.

wingy

Hoffman/Elliott both persona non grata to SISU so unlikely to be them, Ranson I think left on more favourable terms and of course headed their acquisition of CCFC. Most likely to be him as he is into sports investment generally.

Can't be sure but just checked the Twitter feed ,nothing there ,but pretty sure he ruled out Ranson.

chiefdave

Ranson makes the most sense but we should avoid jumping to conclusions before follow up questions are asked. It could just be that Ranson pointed them in the direction of the Ricoh and pocketed a finders fee, doesn't mean he's mounting a takeover bid.

Nick

Administrator
Of the choices he was offered... I fear Hoffman. Ranson would be the logical one though, as he likes investing in sport for investment first.

tbh giving the answer he did was a little unfair really, as it offers the chance for needless speculation!

Do you think it was a bit like intheknow? As in answering but not answering and letting people guess.

The CET Ruled out Ranson didn't they?

skybluetony176

Aside from Les Reids Twitter account was Ransons alleged involvement ever reported anywhere else? I dont recall it being suggested anywhere else. Perhaps someone should add it to the rumour thread ;)

henry the wasp

Question- Is the council aware if former chairmen or directors such as Ray Ranson or Bryan Richardson have been involvded in any way with the wasps consortium or the project generally.
Council Response- No.

Doesn't mean they weren't involved. just that the council wasn't aware of it.

Astute

I think something is going on. Little bits are slipping out. SISU have gone quiet. It looks like they either can't afford to take our club forward or have lost as much as they are willing to. All sides agreed to the arena sale too easily. Didn't someone from CCC say it would be good for our club or something similar? Ongoing talks going well. And someone that has had something to do with our club in the past has spoken to who has the rights to the Ricoh.

oldfiver

I will throw in John Poynton to set off a ripple

Ex City Chairman, Jersey Rugby Club etc etc

Intheknow

Ooh on the one hand I want to say yes but also as someone else pointed out the judge in the JR did see more evidence of the ACL finances/financial position than we have. So maybe there was something in what ACL were saying or not. Do Wasps still have to produce the ACL accounts now that they've bought the company? If they do that will settle the matter better than we can on here, with no real evidence to prove things either way?

Companies in the UK have to produce, save in limited circumstances, audited accounts which are then filed at Companies House and therefore available for all to see.

Intheknow

Aside from Les Reids Twitter account was Ransons alleged involvement ever reported anywhere else? I dont recall it being suggested anywhere else. Perhaps someone should add it to the rumour thread ;)

If Les Reid reported an involvement by Ranson then that rules Ranson out!

Nick

Administrator
It can't be far off though, it's one of three people so must have been a good guess out of nowhere.

letsallsingtogether

It can't be far off though, it's one of three people so must have been a good guess out of nowhere.

Funny that a lot of guessing going on when Sisu are involved??

everything from where they get their money to where our new Ground is going to be even what do they actually want now? :thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread