6 for £5, or £1 each
6 for £5, or £1 each
Very very good and very very cheap
One pound fish

Come on ladies, come on ladies, 1 pound fish
Come on ladies, come on ladies, 1 pound fish

LJC_CCFC

From the South Yorkshire Times:

BRIAN Flynn was a bundle of enthusiasm on his first day in temporary charge of Rovers and says he had no hesitation in stepping into the breach.

The experienced Welshman, a former Doncaster captain, led training for the first time yesterday with the help of current skipper Rob Jones.

“Hopefully we’ll have a good week [in training] and finish it with a win at Stevenage,” said 57-year-old Flynn.

“I’ve certainly got one thing going for me; whatever happens next at this club, there’s some really good players here.

“It’s an unusual situation we find ourselves in,” he added.

“It’s not often that you’re looking for a new manager when you’re top of the league.

“But in football you shouldn’t be surprised by anything. “It didn’t surprise me that I got the call [to take temporary charge] and I was delighted to accept it.”

Flynn made more than 50 appearances for Doncaster during two spells at the club in the 1980s.

He will speak to the media for the first time since his appointment as caretaker boss tomorrow.

Rovers chairman John Ryan was also at Cantley Park yesterday to address the squad upon their return to training.

Ryan told The Star: “We’re joint top of the league, the wheels are not broken, we just have to continue what we’ve been doing to win promotion.

“I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the applicants so far.

“It just shows me and the rest of us that Doncaster Rovers are a very highly thought of football club.”

RoboCCFC90

Until anything is signed its speculation.

mark82

There is no way Robins will have applied. The only way they would go for him is if they didn't like any of those that had applied.

Being threatened with losing our manager to Doncaster really is a new low for this club. If he did go I would guess the compensation package would be in the millions due to him being on a longer term contract.

hopesprings

Have to say extremely worried by the speculation and the effect it will have on the team. What we do know, despite the recent improvement, is this squad is very fragile mentally, so anything that distracts them could have big consequences even in the short term!

Have just heard from close friend in Lancashire that Blackburn are VERY interested ...very worrying!

ccfcway

exactly

they are top of the league and looking like they will go up.

Any manager who takes them up will have that on their CV.

To us Cov fans, it would be a step sideways at best for Robins

To outsiders, it would be him joinging a table topping club playing in the championship next year, as opposed to a average league one club who havent paid rent and might not be about this time next year

Managers job is very short lived, and whilst i am not worried he will be leaving (as i dont think it will happen), it wouldnt be the biggest shock in the world.

mark82

Have to say extremely worried by the speculation and the effect it will have on the team. What we do know, despite the recent improvement, is this squad is very fragile mentally, so anything that distracts them could have big consequences even in the short term!

Have just heard from close friend in Lancashire that Blackburn are VERY interested ...very worrying!

Would be slightly more worried about Blackburn but their owners make ours look like the best owners in football.

RoboCCFC90

Although Mark Robins is doing a wonderful job for our club, I don't see this as an appointment Blackburn will try to make..

Lets just hope Robins has sat the lads down and said ignore the speculation, just like when ACL first said they would look to kick us out that was at the beginning of the fantastic run we had and Robins kept the players motivated and focused.

ccfcway

this is all pissing me offffffffffffffffffff

All part of being a COv fan isnt it !

This time in 48 hours, we could be in the "Final" of JPT

or

we could be out the JPT, lost our manager and in court for not paying rent.

Being a cov fan is great :p

covcity4life

yeh

i guess i am just countering the majority of SBT who keep going on as if we are already in the final at wembley

hopesprings

even if we win, Bradford or Crewe arent going to be as easy as I thought they might have been a month ago or so

Quite right Bradford looked very impressive against both Arsenal and Villa, Hopefully will be tired by the time we play them :facepalm:

rupert_bear

I did say on here last week when discussing the silence of messrs Fisher and Waggott to beware of the sucker punch. We have no saleable assetts player wise, we always sell at this time of the season to get us through to May, Robins is our only sellable asset as i see it. Just into the job, doing well would cost to get permission to approach him, cost nought to replace him and could hire a manager too late to bring anyone in, reckon it would cost about £500k to get him. In SISU I trust.

Diehard Si

Of for gods sake stop worrying.

Every way you look at it it won't happen. From Robins personality to the compensation they'd need to pay, the the fact he's said it's rubbish and now Doncaster have said it's rubbish.

Keep calm and carry the fuck on people.

fernandopartridge

I did say on here last week when discussing the silence of messrs Fisher and Waggott to beware of the sucker punch. We have no saleable assetts player wise, we always sell at this time of the season to get us through to May, Robins is our only sellable asset as i see it. Just into the job, doing well would cost to get permission to approach him, cost nought to replace him and could hire a manager too late to bring anyone in, reckon it would cost about £500k to get him. In SISU I trust.

Doncaster do not have any money.

CovisGod

Flying visit lads as I'm at work so not read the last couple of pages, is my mate bullshitting or have bookies really suspended betting on Robins as new Donny manager ?

lordsummerisle

Flying visit lads as I'm at work so not read the last couple of pages, is my mate bullshitting or have bookies really suspended betting on Robins as new Donny manager ?

Wouldn't worry, a few hysterical girls getting their knickers in a twist over nothing.

If I could afford it I'd place 10 £10 bets on somebody who is about 10/1 and watch them become odds on favourite to stop people panicking.

skybluelee

I hope the club reassures everybody ahead of tomorrows game that he is staying. Otherwise it could distract attention away from what is a huge game.

Otis

From the South Yorkshire Times:

BRIAN Flynn was a bundle of enthusiasm on his first day in temporary charge of Rovers and says he had no hesitation in stepping into the breach.

The experienced Welshman, a former Doncaster captain, led training for the first time yesterday with the help of current skipper Rob Jones.

“Hopefully we’ll have a good week [in training] and finish it with a win at Stevenage,” said 57-year-old Flynn.

“I’ve certainly got one thing going for me; whatever happens next at this club, there’s some really good players here.

“It’s an unusual situation we find ourselves in,” he added.

“It’s not often that you’re looking for a new manager when you’re top of the league.

“But in football you shouldn’t be surprised by anything. “It didn’t surprise me that I got the call [to take temporary charge] and I was delighted to accept it.”

Flynn made more than 50 appearances for Doncaster during two spells at the club in the 1980s.

He will speak to the media for the first time since his appointment as caretaker boss tomorrow.

Rovers chairman John Ryan was also at Cantley Park yesterday to address the squad upon their return to training.

Ryan told The Star: “We’re joint top of the league, the wheels are not broken, we just have to continue what we’ve been doing to win promotion.

“It just shows me and the rest of us that Doncaster Rovers are a very highly thought of football club.”

It just shows me and the rest of us that Doncaster Rovers are thought of as a football club.”

There you go. Amended it.

Pretty much any out of work manager of Championship or lower standard will apply for anything and everything going.

Last edited:

Otis

i have a real bad feeling we will lose tommrow

cant shake it.

You're always so negative about everything aren't you! :D

Leave the doom and gloom merchants and join the optimists! You know it makes sense.

Look at Bradford. Beat Arsenal and Villa. Inbetween that they won just 1 league game out of 6. The cup is a whole new bowl of cherries and our past home league form goes right out of the window.

Going to be a glory night tomorrow night and then just two games away from Wembley!!

You better believe it baby!! :whistle:

covcity4life

You're always so negative about everything aren't you! :D

Leave the doom and gloom merchants and join the optimists! You know it makes sense.

Look at Bradford. Beat Arsenal and Villa. Inbetween that they won just 1 league game out of 6. The cup is a whole new bowl of cherries and our past home league form goes right out of the window.

Going to be a glory night tomorrow night and then just two games away from Wembley!!

You better believe it baby!! :whistle:

we have switched rolls for this one week it seems

Otis

Nope.

Nearly always optimistic.

Andy Thorn knocked my optimism for a while there, but now I'm right back on track!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Mark Robins is going no where and I say that as a fact

All this squirming from some in this thread is giving a lot of opposition fans a good laugh though

Otis

Andy Thorn!!!!!!!!!!!

Followed by ...

Richard Shaw!!!!

There is your answer! I am nearly always optimistic. But when your club is being guided by Coco the Clown and Billy Smart's Circus you sometimes have to ride the storm until the circus leaves town!

Oh, and did we win 5 in a row?

covcity4life

fair enough

i think thats why i expect us to lose tonight...i was too yound to remember 87 and since we have not got past quarter final stage have we? in anything.

Otis

Nope.

Difference here is, we are pretty much favourite for this competition. In the past we have been underdogs and only once has that worked in our favour ..... 1987.

Preston is the stumbling block. The hardest opponent out of the sides left in. Beat them and you have to believe we can do it, don't you?

skyblue1991

Nope.

Difference here is, we are pretty much favourite for this competition. In the past we have been underdogs and only once has that worked in our favour ..... 1987.

Preston is the stumbling block. The hardest opponent out of the sides left in. Beat them and you have to believe we can do it, don't you?

However, after our second half performance against them last month would you fancy us to beat them?

Very tough game!

Users who are viewing this thread