Hands off donny! (1 Viewer)

Tad

Yet we trust them with a 'premiership' stadium!

I wouldn't trust them with a market stall. Coventry city council truly are the definition of useless.

sky blue john

Yet we trust them with a 'premiership' stadium!

hypocrite remember your ccfc survival at all costs attitude.

It wasn't that long ago the council bailed out the club so they would have somewhere to play !!!
Also a normal business would have issued CCFC a winding up order 12 months ago !!!

Sub

By Paul Goodwin Doncaster Rovers
Published on Wednesday 9 January 2013 06:50

BOOKMAKERS yesterday slashed the odds on Coventry City’s Mark Robins to replace Dean Saunders in the Rovers hot seat.

Robins moved to odds-on favourite, overtaking early market leader Steve Lomas, after a surge of money for the former Rotherham and Barnsley boss.
The former Manchester United striker, however, quickly moved to dismiss the speculation.
He told reporters in Coventry: “There’s nothing in that at all, it’s absolute speculation.”
Rovers chairman John Ryan is known to be a huge admirer of Robins following his sterling work in South Yorkshire.
Links between Doncaster and Coventry have blossomed in recent weeks after Rovers officials lent their support and advice to the Sky Blues regarding the Midlands club’s well documented debt problems.
Were Rovers to step up their interest in Robins, he would not come cheaply.
The 43-year-old signed a three-year deal with Coventry as recently as last September.
Since then the former Manchester United striker has transformed his new club from relegation candidates to promotion hopefuls.
Rovers have also been linked with Oldham Athletic chief Paul Dickov.

Grendel

hypocrite remember your ccfc survival at all costs attitude.

It wasn't that long ago the council bailed out the club so they would have somewhere to play !!!
Also a normal business would have issued CCFC a winding up order 12 months ago !!!

Bailed out or ripped off?

Sky Blue Kid

Same old chestnut coming from a thick twat!

What part of CCFC wouldn't exist today, if were not for ACL. don't you understand, you prat!:jerkit:

aviles

Robins staying away from speculation
Coventry City manager Mark Robins is distancing himself from the speculation linking him to replacing Dean Saunders at Doncaster Rovers.
Doncaster have not made any approach for Robins or Steve Lomas and speaking to Sky Sports News, Robins said about the speculation started by bookmakers Stan James offering odds on him for the job: "I've been kept in the loop but I am keeping my distance from it. I'm not getting embroiled in that. There is nothing I can do about it.
"I'm sure that when i need to be told or there is something to tell, I will hopefully be one of the first they speak to.
"Until then we just carry on and things carry on as normal. I don't see any reason why that won't be for the foreseeable future.
"You never know what is round the corner but I hope not. It is a great football club, I love working here and long may it continue."

Grendel

Same old chestnut coming from a thick twat!

What part of CCFC wouldn't exist today, if were not for ACL. don't you understand, you prat!:jerkit:

Yes your right. I'm stupid. I really left school at 8. I've tried my best to hide my stupidity. I would have got away with it if it wasn't for the pesky sky blue kid!

Grendel

Grendel

If he goes that will definately put me anti sisu !!!!

Who will be the first lemon to blame the counsel !!!!

Well surely you'll be dancing in the streets. How can we pay a manager and not pay the rent? ACL first all the way yes?

Tank Top

It seems that things have moved up a gear since this thread was first posted, the alarming news that Mark Robins is now odds on favorite for the Doncaster Job with Ladbrooks suspending Betting.
Losing Mark would be a massive blow, and set the club back to square one regarding getting Back to the championship, with the clubs future still uncertain, and the ongoing rent issue, Mark would surely be tempted by a more secure climate to work in...Negative post ? or negative facts, we willl have to wait and see, with Ladbrooks stating they have taken huge ammounts of money at odds on for M.R ,its giving us a serious topic for todays Debate.

CJparker

Well surely you'll be dancing in the streets. How can we pay a manager and not pay the rent? ACL first all the way yes?

Why not pay both?

To be fair, if MR does go, I'll bet that part of his reasoning will be SISU's off-field antics destabilising the club.

Grendel

Why not pay both?

To be fair, if MR does go, I'll bet that part of his reasoning will be SISU's off-field antics destabilising the club.

No it would be because he is good. Unlike thorn and all the other useless fools that went before.

Steve.B50

MR must have known the score when he joined us.
But what I cannot understand is why would anyone want to go to Doncaster, a team we beat 1-4 a smaller club than us.
I have a lot of respect for Robbins, he seems honest and loyal, but to just take the first offer that comes along regardless of the money to a tam no better than us just does not make sense. If a bigger club or someone in upper levels on championship came in I might understand but Doncaster!
Could you imagine the abuse he would get when they come here?

Grendel

He's not going. Bookies odds are rarely a good guide.

CJparker

Does anyone remember the last time a manager was poached from us by another club? Because I can't!

covcity4life

why the fuck is the head of donny supports group speaking on CWR about great relations with cov and hoping to have robins by next week?!

this is getting a lil too serious for me,getting pissed off!

lads need to show robins hes already backing the winning horse tommrow!

Grendel

larry_david

They say the bookies are never wrong. Except in the managers market. They say lots of moneys gone on at odds on? By who? This is the Doncaster manager market we are talking about? Someone putting a daft £20 on him would cause a move in this market. Last season when Preston were looking for a new manager, Gary Flitcroft went from 50/1+ to 1/8 in half a day after a 'massive plunge'...he was then odds on for the next 3 weeks and guess what, didn't get the job. Chris Wilder for us was odds on, despite us, Oxford and himself ruling it out, because the bookies had no idea who was going to get the job. Someone has to be fav for it and someone, somewhere has seen the recent chat between our two boards and thought..hmmm and put 2 and 2 together.

Little story for ya, when Benitez was on his way out of Liverpool I got inside info that Bert van Marwyk (the dutch boss) had been asked to take over, that Rafa would leave and he was lined up. So I went online and found a price for him, 50/1 was available at paddypower. So I stuck £30 on him, and my housemate stuck £20 on him and he went from 50/1 into 8/1 right there and then. And that's the market for Liverpool, not Doncaster! Turns out he turned them down because of their unstable owners, the Yanks left soon after..sigh

Last edited:

CovLis86

Stranger things have happened. But i certainly hope MR is being honest and has no intention of going. Or we are back to square one.

Otis

If he goes it would be a terrible blow.

Looking like he could be the best manager we've had for 40 years. To lose him so quickly after such a short period of time would be devastating.

Am taking it all with a pinch of salt though. Obviously someone's heard a rumour, a few people have stuck a large wedge on and now the bookies have stopped taking bets.

How many rumours have we heard of on here even in just the past few months? How many of them have come true? 10%?

drfc1

Just had a quick skim through the last 10 pages or so since I last posted (nice to see a couple more Rovers fans on here!!)
A couple of quick points, O'Driscoll won't be coming back our chairman has said he hasn't applied although that doesn't mean a great deal i know! I was told a few months back the he wasn't on speaking terms with 2 of our 3 money men before he was sacked so if that's true he won't be back. Personally I wouldn't like to see him back,for all his lovely football etc the squad we have now wouldn't be able to replicate that.
As for Robins, Lomas was odds on favourite the other day, Robins was yesterday someone else will be today & probably none of them will get the job. If he does the world won't stop turning he will be replaced & forgotten soon enough.
For those that think Doncaster is a dump it has come on massively in the last 10 years or so but like all other places (including Coventry I'm sure) still has it's "areas!" I would want to live in any other place in the UK (I can think of a few places in the world I might up sticks to) & I'm sure most of you feel the same way about Coventry.

Otis

Fair point.

Some of Coventry is a dump, some of it is quite beautiful (around the old cathedral). It's my city though and I love it. Wherever I go it will always be home.

He will NOT go. He's got a long term plan for City and he wont leave us in the sh*t like this. He's not that sort of manager. It would be a huge shock to me if he did leave. He's signing new players and planning for the future. Why would he plan all of that and leave like this? And Donny? Really? If it was Cardiff i could understand but Donny? No chance. Be realisti Donny. Get a manager who's on your level. Hands off Robbo :claping hands:

covcity4life

exactly...look at their squad compared to ours

we have likes of john fleck as sub ffs,say waht you willa bout him hes got bags of talent

if we dont go up this year we will once again be favs for promotion next

matter of time with robins if sisu back him reasnably.

wheras donny will be ina relegation battle if they ever go up, their fans are deluded and butt hurt that cov will always be bigger,and im not even trolling.

Users who are viewing this thread