Hands off donny! (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

I don't know, but I haven't been banging on about us beating Doncaster 4-1 away,

if you read everythihg i typed you would see i gave my reasons why i think we are better prospect long term.

the 4-1 just shows they are not that much better than us in terms of on the pitch as the table may suggest and the table is the one advantage for joining donny

Brighton Sky Blue

What needs to be factored in is the wasted first 10 or so games under Thorn and Shaw. That has given everybody else a headstart of around 10-15 points.

blend

The betting market is not completely irrelevant as its a sign of who's betting on what. Next manager markets will always be weak though so the bookies will run scared as soon as money starts going down consistently on an individual. They will have taken a fair bit on robins at 12/1 and don't want to lose anymore. Hence why he went 1/5, then suspended. Lots of Doncaster fans saying it was a done deal last. Markets back up he's eased to 4/7 fav following his statement. The thing is the next doncaster manager will be bet on at some point, hopefully it won't be our man.

ccfcway

this thread is like groundhog day

2 pages on "betting suspended", followed by a "wasnt the oxford manager favourite for the cov job" comment followed by 2 pages of "betting suspended"

rupert_bear

Not been denied by Robins, Doncaster or alarmingly Fisher and co, infact the silence from the SISU camp is deafening.

Mucca Mad Boys

Weren't he on SSN denying the link, saying how he loves it here and long may it continue?

sky blue john

Doncaster have confirmed that they have not spoken to anyone yet including asking permission to speak to MR.
It is obvious they will ask because the fans polls have him as the man they want, and they would have to appease the fans by at least asking the question.
I just hope CCFC sisu refuse permission !!!

Grendel

Haven't they asked permission to speak to Steve Lomas?

Bill Glazier

I'm increasingly gloomy I'm afraid to say. If Sisu and ACL were going to do a deal I'd have thought it would have happened by now. Expect ACL to take proceedings against CCFC any day - they legally have to.

Robins is carefully not burning any bridges and he will know more than most just how precarious the club's position is. Don't be surprised if he's gone quite soon.

lordsummerisle

Just had a look on a Donny forum, and looks like I really upset some of them with my "Beverley Hills" comment!

I was actually being nice to them generally on this thread too, and they do have a point about the inflated views of some supporters, but really, Doncaster is a horrible place, but suppose all people defend their home which is fair enough.

ajsccfc

From that Donny forum, River Don:

Coventry also once had an all brown away kit. Proper chocolate brown, not like that caramel effort masquerading as gold that Colchester played in.

A brave choice and one that should be admired. Cov really should embrace it fully and regularly have a brown away kit.

This man knows what's up. I'd be all for that.

valiant15

People defending their home summerisle? Weren't you saying the whole of coventry was a shithole the other day? Strange really,cos where i live its rather quite nice.

Users who are viewing this thread