Hamer (7 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

Why has it taken him so long to decide that. Gyokeres clearly knew straight after the play off final. Does feel like we have been strung along slightly by Hamer. If he decided he wants to take the next step, why take so long.

Robins said there was a gentleman’s agreement in Jan that if he stays till the end of the season we will let him move in the summer.

Hamer we are actively trying to pursued him to stay. That’s obviously not worked now.

Quicker he goes the better so we can get his replacement in. There are plenty of clubs interested but they will need increase their offers.

Legia Sky Blue

Will it play out this working week I wonder 🤔 ? Something telling me it won’t and everyone will still be speculating on Friday

I tend to agree. Unfortunately the PL clubs reportedly interested (Burnley/ Luton) will not want to spend the money we will be looking for. We might have better luck if the likes of Forest or Wolves come in for him though, but at the moment this has all the looks of a protracted saga, and could end up not being resolved until deadline week, coming down to which of us, Hamer or any buying club give way first. Of course this place will be in utter meltdown if it doesn't get resolved until then!

Evo1883

I think no matter what happens the club will be fine .. and everybody should really stop obsessing over it .

It's a football player , we lost a bigger contributor in vik , the 2 players were never going to be here forever

archieboy

Interesting that Gus never tells anyone directly what his plans are but everyone seems to know someone who knows someones who knows what his plans are.

Bizarre.
If you read it again I didn’t tell you what his plans are as I don’t actually know! I was just pointing out that people saying he wants to go back to holland to be near his child might be wide of the mark.

fernandopartridge

I think no matter what happens the club will be fine .. and everybody should really stop obsessing over it .

It's a football player , we lost a bigger contributor in vik , the 2 players were never going to be here forever
I think it's the sum of the pair of them. However, can also see that we shouldn't be in a position of such dependency on one or two players and if getting another decent fee helps that then good.

Let's be honest though, who'd have thought we'd make the play offs without O'Hare for most of the season.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Legia Sky Blue

What's the consensus if a Championship club like Leeds or Leicester offer say £7m, but a PL club only offer say £5m? Should we sell to the highest bidder even if it results in making one our direct rivals next season much stronger?

Happy_Martian

What's the consensus if a Championship club like Leeds or Leicester offer say £7m, but a PL club only offer say £5m? Should we sell to the highest bidder even if it results in making one our direct rivals next season much stronger?

Simon Gilbert posted a poll on Twitter regarding what's the minimum we'd let him go for.

My response was simple. If he's truly homesick, we sell to a European club for their best offer to let him get back home and hope DK can build the deal up with add-ons and players. However, if it's an offer from a UK club, homesickness isn't the reason so he stays till they match or exceed £10M. Only exception is Burnley but they need to match £6m with McNally and a.n.other player (not sure about Twine) to bump the value.

Calista

Simon Gilbert posted a poll on Twitter regarding what's the minimum we'd let him go for.

My response was simple. If he's truly homesick, we sell to a European club for their best offer to let him get back home and hope DK can build the deal up with add-ons and players. However, if it's an offer from a UK club, homesickness isn't the reason so he stays till they match or exceed £10M. Only exception is Burnley but they need to match £6m with McNally and a.n.other player (not sure about Twine) to bump the value.
That was your simple response?

Dickie

Who’s to say that mentally he will be invested in a play off push if we stopped him moving
Well there is that but as pros players are often running contracts down. He doesn’t seem like the sort to down tools or have a hissy fit like others in the past…

Calista

I think it's the sum of the pair of them. However, can also see that we shouldn't be in a position of such dependency on one or two players and if getting another decent fee helps that then good.

Let's be honest though, who'd have thought we'd make the play offs without O'Hare for most of the season.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
The O'Hare point is an important one. So crucial to the way we played, and you'd have expected us to disintegrate without him. But Robins solved it by going longer with the tactics, and we almost made it to the Prem.

Losing both Vik and Gus is an even bigger challenge, but we should trust Robins to find a way again. As someone else said earlier, one answer is to have two sitting midfielders with the wingbacks bombing on more.

CCFC54321

Trying to raise the tone after all the frightful smut we've had on here recently. I'm working on a song for van Ewijk inspired by the poems of W.H. Auden, and set to the tune of Rachmaninoff's Prelude in C Sharp minor.
Trumped you old boy I’ve been working on all weekend on a high tempo version of Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 as the melody.

Singers corner and Van Ewijk are going to love me for this i just know it.

its a buzzard

Trying to raise the tone after all the frightful smut we've had on here recently. I'm working on a song for van Ewijk inspired by the poems of W.H. Auden, and set to the tune of Rachmaninoff's Prelude in C Sharp minor.
Should be catchy.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Happy_Martian

That was your simple response?

I'm a simple guy with simple thoughts. It's not one question as we have two options available so two answers.

covmark

I don't know what's more ridiculous. The fact you're replying to Gilbert's polls or the fact we'll get offers beyond £10m.

Users who are viewing this thread