Hamer (9 Viewers)

Happy_Martian

As frustrating as it is, we can't keep a player like Gus here if he isn't happy and his mind is in Holland. While half a Gus is better than some of the replacements we already have in the squad, I think we're going to have to bite the bullet and let him go for Feyenoord's best offer. Whether DK can get some extras tied in to eek the transfer value up to something bearable, only time will tell.

Torquay Sky Blue

And Gyökeres constantly scored goals that he mostly created himself for two season straight - Gyökeres left a bad taste in some people’s mouth to the point where people want to slate him - Because of the way his departure panned out and the fact he was open to the press about his ambition to play at a higher level

For me he was and always will be the superior player but that’s just my opinion
I think Hamer is a bigger loss but Vik would of scored 3 yesterday.
Both huge players in different ways

Jamesimus

Han-Noah Messengo is a free agent still, always looked decent for Bristol City.

Whenever I've watched him play I've always thought he's looked decidedly average. I guess he is young and has time on his side though.

Also much more of a defensive midfielder. Think Bristol wildly overpaid for him personally.

Happy_Martian

I think Hamer is a bigger loss but Vik would of scored 3 yesterday.
Both huge players in different ways

The gulf between Vik and our other strikers last season was vast. He could win you a game on his own when he was on form.

Hamer will always create chances but unless you have someone in the middle who can put those away, his effort gets lost.

So it depends on how we play this season and whether Simms and God can play together will be the decider on how successful our midfield will be and what they can provide. If Saka and (LWB whoever it is) are going to be attacking WB/Wingers dumping the ball into the middle, losing Hamer won't be as fatal as we think.

the rumpo kid

Feyenoord sold their best player Kokcu for 25m and he plays in the same role as Gus so it seems like goer.
Feyenoord released him didn't they when he was younger.
There's no way they would break they're transfer record for someone they let go for nothing. The humiliation alone would stop them doing that. If Feyenoord have any interest it will be on a free.

Otis

As frustrating as it is, we can't keep a player like Gus here if he isn't happy and his mind is in Holland. While half a Gus is better than some of the replacements we already have in the squad, I think we're going to have to bite the bullet and let him go for Feyenoord's best offer. Whether DK can get some extras tied in to eek the transfer value up to something bearable, only time will tell.
Yeah, maybe a player swap or two on top of a fee might serve us well.

Grendel

Feyenoord sold their best player Kokcu for 25m and he plays in the same role as Gus so it seems like a goer to me

They’ve signed 2 midfielders as replacements haven’t they?

Samo

If he stays, great. If he goes we will have to trust MR to replace him, we may have to take potential rather the the finished article but there are players out there.

skyblueelephant76

Feyenoord released him didn't they when he was younger.
There's no way they would break they're transfer record for someone they let go for nothing. The humiliation alone would stop them doing that. If Feyenoord have any interest it will be on a free.
I don't see what's humiliating about releasing a 20yr old player then buying him back 6 years later. Utd spent £90m on Pogba after losing him on a free.

If a club really wants a player and they think he will improve them they will pay for him.

David O'Day

I don't see what's humiliating about releasing a 20yr old player then buying him back 6 years later. Utd spent £90m on Pogba after losing him on a free.

If a club really wants a player and they think he will improve them they will pay for him.
do they want him?

Nuskyblue

I think his point is that something now, even if not £10-15 million, is better than nothing later.
Yep. But a low ball offer of £3 mil feels like it's not enough to get anywhere near a like for like replacement, you'd take the risk of him leaving on a free in an effort to get to the prem at that price.

AFCCOVENTRY

I did say 'like Feyenoord'. I was thinking more just Dutch teams in general, if what he wants is to be nearer his son.

It’s becoming clearer it’s about money not family stuff. Our wage structure can’t get anywhere near what he wants. Other Champ clubs let alone Premiership offering double what we can.

King will do the right thing just like with Vik and drive a hard deal with any clubs. Sell Hamer now and reinvest in his position this August and then a healthy amount left over in the kitty for Robins to use next summer. We won’t need to sell anyone in that case unless they want to leave.

skyblue_55

Does anyone actually know how low ccfc weekly wage offer was , to keep our best player & try & get us to the promised land ?

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Whenever I've watched him play I've always thought he's looked decidedly average. I guess he is young and has time on his side though.

Also much more of a defensive midfielder. Think Bristol wildly overpaid for him personally.
Ive seen twice at Coventry playing Bristol City away and in my view very talented.

TomRad85

If he legit will only go to Holland we have to accept the highest Dutch bid. If its only 6 mil or something then so be it, the current ownership will likely give Robins all of that, which is good funds for us.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I've been told before that it is about the money. To be fair, that waa earlier in his Cov career so things might have changed.

You could be right Weeman, I think it's obvious Gus is NOT going to sign the contract, if he stays in England it's about money, if he goes back to Holland it's about his family. Time will tell.

Hertsccfc

It’s becoming clearer it’s about money not family stuff. Our wage structure can’t get anywhere near what he wants. Other Champ clubs let alone Premiership offering double what we can.

King will do the right thing just like with Vik and drive a hard deal with any clubs. Sell Hamer now and reinvest in his position this August and then a healthy amount left over in the kitty for Robins to use next summer. We won’t need to sell anyone in that case unless they want to leave.
How is it becoming clearer? I am sure the vast majority of people on here are like me and haven't got a clue what the true position is.

Kingokings204

If he legit will only go to Holland we have to accept the highest Dutch bid. If its only 6 mil or something then so be it, the current ownership will likely give Robins all of that, which is good funds for us.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

so we accept 50% less than his real value. Utter madness

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

If he does want to leave it seems like it's likely for one of two reasons.

1) He wants to play at a higher level and increase his earnings even more

That's fine. Teams at that level can afford the price we'll want for him and his wages.

2) It is domestic and he wants to move to Holland to be with his kids.

This is more problematic as it's unlikely Dutch clubs could afford those kinds of fees. So DK will have to get creative with the deal. Longer repayment terms is likely one. Having a huge sell-on clause (say 50% is another). A buy-back clause if his situation changes. Being given first dibs on some of their better talents and/or loans for any wonderkids etc.

It wouldn't be ideal but it would increase the value of the transfer from our side and allow Gus the move he wants.

Not a bad idea, do you fancy being a negotiator for Doug King, if so give Doug a call. 👍✍️

Users who are viewing this thread