Hamer (11 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

I have a ITK at Leicester who told me weeks ago they wanted Hamer, had offered him £45k a week but then got relegated and Hamer wanted to move above the championship
Didn’t you just link a post on Foxes Talk when asked how you knew this “weeks ago”?

Brighton Sky Blue

Fine, so we accept £3 million from Luton? Your're then in to the realms of it possibly being more sensible to keep him and having a go. Making the play offs alone is worth not far off that.

Then we have to consider that he might not want to move anyway.

What do you think is the minimum amount of 'something' we should accept?
£5m with a hefty add on.

Dickie

I’d rather keep him for a year and give the play offs another go and lose him for nothing, than get a paltry fee and lose him with a Hamer sized gap now.

theferret

I find it hard to buy into a theory he just wants to go back to Holland with no evidence to support

If the club lower their expectations I think we can find a buyer

You might well be right there, but I don't understand why nobody is bidding. Why are they no clubs trying their luck at around £5-£7 million? Surely if he was genuinely open to a move his agent would be touting him round everywhere.

Who knows, the wanting to move home suggestion might well be true, but yes, all speculation.

Ccfcisparks

I’d rather keep him for a year and give the play offs another go and lose him for nothing, than get a paltry fee and lose him with a Hamer sized gap now.
Who’s to say that mentally he will be invested in a play off push if we stopped him moving

archieboy

If he does want to leave it seems like it's likely for one of two reasons.

1) He wants to play at a higher level and increase his earnings even more

That's fine. Teams at that level can afford the price we'll want for him and his wages.

2) It is domestic and he wants to move to Holland to be with his kids.

This is more problematic as it's unlikely Dutch clubs could afford those kinds of fees. So DK will have to get creative with the deal. Longer repayment terms is likely one. Having a huge sell-on clause (say 50% is another). A buy-back clause if his situation changes. Being given first dibs on some of their better talents and/or loans for any wonderkids etc.

It wouldn't be ideal but it would increase the value of the transfer from our side and allow Gus the move he wants.
I’m not certain but I’ve been told by friends of close friends of his that his lad is staying with him permanently now.

Sick Boy

If there is no proper resolution to this by the transfer deadline of Sep 1 (i.e. Hamer not signing on for another year or being sold for a reasonable fee), I guess we have no choice but to play him this season and let him run his contract down and leave on a free like BBD. It sucks I know, but what other alternatives are there. Hopefully, he continues to give his all this season and stays committed to our goal of trying to achieve promotion. In the meantime, we’ve got to hope that MR and his team have already started looking for capable replacements as Hamer leaving was always a possibility for the last few transfer windows.
To replace him properly we’d need his transfer fee; in that scenario it wouldn’t happen.

Sick Boy

I have a ITK at Leicester who told me weeks ago they wanted Hamer, had offered him £45k a week but then got relegated and Hamer wanted to move above the championship
That’s weird, I posted on here a few weeks ago that there was interest there from someone I know. He still maintains there’s interest from their side.

Colin Steins Smile

If Gus decides to run his contract down, then he’s risking unemployment if he gets a serious injury.
The club are not in a strong position to force a move within the UK and I very much doubt MR will leave him out the team.

alexccfc99

If we got offered £15m for a player who doesn’t want to sign and has one year left on his deal then I’d drive him to where he wants to go

If he goes, he goes and I think after the summer we have had King and MR have enough credit in the bank to be trusted to replace Gus

I’ll say this though, I’ll miss Gyökeres way more than I’ll miss Hamer

Ccfcisparks

If we got offered £15m for a player who doesn’t want to sign and has one year left on his deal then I’d drive him to where he wants to go

If he goes, he goes and I think after the summer we have had King and MR have enough credit in the bank to be trusted to replace Gus

I’d say it’s extremely unlikely someone would offer us £15m

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Bullshit, Hamer is more integral

Otis

We may do. Let's just see how Simms does for us first I think and if we can adequately replace Hamer.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

They could broker a similar deal we did for Simms from Everton
But mot of ours is based on promotion to PL, which comes with a massive windfall. It's also a possibility. What would Feyenoord do? Offer a massive amount for winning the CL?

Brighton Sky Blue

But mot of ours is based on promotion to PL, which comes with a massive windfall. It's also a possibility. What would Feyenoord do? Offer a massive amount for winning the CL?
Feyenoord could instead offer a bigger sell on %, it’s how we signed Gyo for relatively little.

alexccfc99

Bullshit, Hamer is more integral
And Gyökeres constantly scored goals that he mostly created himself for two season straight - Gyökeres left a bad taste in some people’s mouth to the point where people want to slate him - Because of the way his departure panned out and the fact he was open to the press about his ambition to play at a higher level

For me he was and always will be the superior player but that’s just my opinion

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Feyenoord could instead offer a bigger sell on %, it’s how we signed Gyo for relatively little.
Indeed, as I've suggested elsewhere amongst other options.

I guess it depends on just how much a team like Feyenoord could afford. If it's around £8m, then stuff like the sell-on clause and incentives based around CL progression could be acceptable.

If it's more like £5m we're going to need extras in the deal to be worthwhile IMO.

Grendel

Indeed, as I've suggested elsewhere amongst other options.

I guess it depends on just how much a team like Feyenoord could afford. If it's around £8m, then stuff like the sell-on clause and incentives based around CL progression could be acceptable.

If it's more like £5m we're going to need extras in the deal to be worthwhile IMO.

First it depends if they have any interest in signing him

Users who are viewing this thread