Hamer (17 Viewers)

Grendel

Or he could get an acl and would look very different

Which is a reason not to offer him a contract

theferret

He can negotiate any deal he likes in 6 months. he isnt going to sign a 1 year extension

Not even if we offer silly money?

If that's the case then, we have 2 choices, let him run down his contract and leave on a free, or accept a bid of around £5 million tops and try to force him out.

Balli001

Not even if we offer silly money?

If that's the case then, we have 2 choices, let him run down his contract and leave on a free, or accept a bid of around £5 million tops and try to force him out.
Course not. We arent going to offer silly money remotely near what he could get elsewhere.

Ashdown

The likelihood is that Gus May well want to stay and sign and get on with things but I expect that he has some money grabbing pushy agent in there stirring all manner of shit up like they do .

Balli001

We haven’t got time to wait for the best money possible! It’s clear we’ll need to sell him before we get a replacement in, this is exactly why it should have been sorted weeks ago.
Christ are you still peddling this one. I explained several times why this may not have happened but you ignored me each time

Grendel

Number 38

Sad Doctor Who GIF

SeaSeeEffCee

The likelihood is that Gus May well want to stay and sign and get on with things but I expect that he has some money grabbing pushy agent in there stirring all manner of shit up like they do .
Robins as good as said that he wants to leave yesterday

theferret

Course not. We arent going to offer silly money remotely near what he could get elsewhere.

So we have no choice but to let him run down his contract then?

He holds all the cards, we can accept any bid we like, but he can just refuse. Do we drop him in that scenario?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Because he should have had an ultimatum, this is poor preparation
What, like, say, the end of July? Giving us a month to sell him and get in a replacement?

Though I doubt it'd have been said in the confrontational way you put as, as that'd be pretty much guaranteeing him saying no.

CCFC54321

I think someone has got to him and simply said we will offer you this amount of money but only on a free. See your last 12 months out then you’re going to be rich man.

procdoc

As far as I can see he’s not gone anywhere yet and no one has made an acceptable offer. It’s as it were until we hear differently

Badge72

I think someone has got to him and simply said we will offer you this amount of money but only on a free. See your last 12 months out then you’re going to be rich man.
Or a Dutch club can’t afford to buy him now but in 12 months can give him a good enough package to go back there.

ovduk78

There's an awful lot of thinking on this thread. 😂
There's also an awful lot of people who know exactly why he wants to leave and there are at least 3 different reasons why.
It's disappointing if he wants to leave but we will get over it. Last season we had plenty who thought we should get rid after his 2nd red card, now he's worth £15m, is irreplaceable and we should retire the number 38 🤔

CCFC54321

There's also an awful lot of people who know exactly why he wants to leave and there are at least 3 different reasons why.
It's disappointing if he wants to leave but we will get over it. Last season we had plenty who thought we should get rid after his 2nd red card, now he's worth £15m, is irreplaceable and we should retire the number 38 🤔
I agree. If Hamer god forbid had an ACL tomorrow we would have to move on next season and work the problem or replace him just like o’hare last season.

We could bring it two/three absolute gems if he was sold tomorrow and move on. I personally see him being with us next season and going on a free back to Holland. If so, interesting how Robins plays this out.

The watchmaker

Or a Dutch club can’t afford to buy him now but in 12 months can give him a good enough package to go back there.
Feyenoord are a decent sized club that is not unfamiliar with reasonably big numbers. They sold kokcu (a midfielder) for £25m earlier this month. Unfortunately they have now spent ~£14m of that on two more midfielders.

napolimp

I personally see him being with us next season and going on a free back to Holland. If so, interesting how Robins plays this out.

Of all the theories, I can very much see this being the case. Has always sounded like he wants to go back, there may also be personal reasons, and there's a good chance Dutch clubs (club) can't match Coventrys valuation (or don't want to).

Badge72

Of all the theories, I can very much see this being the case. Has always sounded like he wants to go back, there may also be personal reasons, and there's a good chance Dutch clubs (club) can't match Coventrys valuation (or don't want to).
Robin’s comment re waiting to see how recruitment pans out and seeing what’s with Hamer then supports this theory/guess. I.e keep him if no suitable replacement found.

Marty

This maybe a situation that's ever changing, if it's true his wife has just left him and took the kids back to Holland, he's probably hurting like fuck and desperate to be back with them, but in 6 months time we might be romping to first, he may have found someone else and wants to stay here with them. Let's not do anything hasty.

SkyblueTexan

If there is no proper resolution to this by the transfer deadline of Sep 1 (i.e. Hamer not signing on for another year or being sold for a reasonable fee), I guess we have no choice but to play him this season and let him run his contract down and leave on a free like BBD. It sucks I know, but what other alternatives are there. Hopefully, he continues to give his all this season and stays committed to our goal of trying to achieve promotion. In the meantime, we’ve got to hope that MR and his team have already started looking for capable replacements as Hamer leaving was always a possibility for the last few transfer windows.

Users who are viewing this thread