Hamer (3 Viewers)

Colin Steins Smile

If he won't sign we have to sell unfortunately, would be madness to let a player of his ability leave for no money.

Just hope the club are doing all they can to keep him and not playing hard ball with the contract offer
If the player doesn't want to be transferred to another club and would rather run his contract down, knowing that from January he'll be free to negotiate his next move. Then the club can't do anything.
In Hamers case, is he looking to move back to the Netherlands? Ajax or Feyenoord are very unlikely to stump up £10-16M now, knowing they can get him in a year for free.
Gus would be gambling on not getting a bad injury in the interim.
Ideally, we'll secure a new contract with Gus.

Warwickhunt

We need to keep him! If he will not sign the contract then pay him what he wants just to extend it another year, on the understanding he can go if we are not looking like we are in the shake up come end of the season

Briles

I'd take 16 mil tbh. We need a stronger squad. Our downfall has always been not having equal back up for our first 11. With the 36 million we could have a very strong squad. Of course I'd prefer him to sign a contract but I can't see it

Great_Expectations

I like the teasers - our social media team are keeping people engaged and tapping into what people want to see.

He’ll sign and then we’ll have to find something new to moan about.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If the player doesn't want to be transferred to another club and would rather run his contract down, knowing that from January he'll be free to negotiate his next move. Then the club can't do anything.
In Hamers case, is he looking to move back to the Netherlands? Ajax or Feyenoord are very unlikely to stump up £10-16M now, knowing they can get him in a year for free.
Gus would be gambling on not getting a bad injury in the interim.
Ideally, we'll secure a new contract with Gus.
I think he would go if a big contract offer was put on the table and wed accepted a bid from a club.

If he wants to run his contract down as he wants to go back to the Netherlands I would try offering him a contract on improved terms with a cheap release clause put in that only triggers if Feyenoord put an offer in.

Sky Blue Pete

it’s the statement isn’t it. We have record season tickets sales and we have best part of 20m from Vik going. We don’t need to cash in on the best player in our team. We proved with keeping Vik in the January it almost made us 180m in the playoff final. If we sold him in the Jan we wouldn’t have got to the final.

What’s the intent of the owner and management as everything outside of them looks unbelievable. We really could be a Luton this season and finish 3rd.
Depends what we did with it

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Just hope this Hector Masalis tweets about Hamer staying are true. He’s the lynchpin to build around. Losing both Vik and Hamer in the same window would be bad.

It's more than that, it would rip the Hart out of the team.

SeaSeeEffCee

Wouldn’t claim to be ITK, and can’t verify the authenticity of this info other than that I’ve seen the picture and know he was definitely there, but Gus was at a family friends place of work the other week and was allegedly telling people he’s keen to stay but also has an offer on the the table from Leicester. This would have been a couple of days before they flew to Portugal.

LastGarrison

Wouldn’t claim to be ITK, and can’t verify the authenticity of this info other than that I’ve seen the picture and know he was definitely there, but Gus was at a family friends place of work the other week and was allegedly telling people he’s keen to stay but also has an offer on the the table from Leicester. This would have been a couple of days before they flew to Portugal.
A couple of lads I know were playing golf up the Hearsall the other week and one of them ended up playing with Hamer and said he said similar, in that he would love to stay but we were quite a bit off in terms of what he wants contract wise.

Interesting though that he is still here and hasn't moved yet so whether it is we are still in negotiations or just trying to get the right price for him.

San Francisco

Good grief. Would rather he went to the vile than to them.

A couple of lads I know were playing golf up the Hearsall the other week and one of them ended up playing with Hamer and said he said similar, in that he would love to stay but we were quite a bit off in terms of what he wants contract wise.

Interesting though that he is still here and hasn't moved yet so whether it is we are still in negotiations or just trying to get the right price for him.

Fingers crossed the club can compromise somewhat. If not then best case he goes for a big fee that we reinvest in someone as excellent as he is OR he chooses to run his contract down but we get promoted and he signs a new contract.

long way home

If 16 mill is the price and 40 a week for the player, is on the table, then i see only one outcome. We may have to look at cash plus player exchanges to rebuild a squad that is overall deeper in quality depth. Whichever way we are still depending on Robins finding a way of improving the squad.

Losing Vik and Gus will hurt, but it doesn't have to be harmful in the long run. Robins has to be smart in the market and bring in 5 or 6 players that replace the stats lost. And until i hear him talk about the squad, the strategy, ill trust him to make all the right moves again to take us one step further.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

It's a massive step backwards for the overall quality of the team if he goes. We already need an entire back 3 and we're hardly blessed in midfield and attack either.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

coop

We are always going to lose our best players. Always have, always will. Just have to hope we can unearth another Vik or Gus from somewhere
Why should we thought some point if you want to make the Premier league you have to stump up the money. If Hamer stays one more season and goes for free if we don't go up ( don't believe we will) then I'm happy with that as he will be hard to replace for cheap.

torchomatic

Isn't it weird that footballers will discuss their wages with total strangers?

Happy_Martian

I genuinely can't see Gus or any sensible player wanting to move to Forest. Promoted a year ago, 40 new players in and only just avoided relegation in the last month of the season. Now they're spending to rebuild again for crazy money. If you want a nestegg, then get a year at Forest and plan for retirement. If you want stability, challenging for honours and progression, keep away from that bonfire.

higgs

He's like having two players on the pitch with the ground he covers hope we can strike an agreement but the longer its dragging on isn't a good sign

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

Haven't King or Robins been quoted saying we wont get anywhere if we keep selling our best players? Fair enough Vic, but if we lose Hamer it's a real kick in the teeth to the fans that have come out in record numbers.

We won’t get anywhere by letting our best players go for nothing on a Bosman…

Hamer and Gyokeres are superstars (for the Championship). If we were able to sign 5-8 players in exchange for them to improve the overall quality of the team, you’d take it.

For example, getting €24 for Gyokeres and replacing him with Simms for £3.5m (initial fee) is potentially excellent business. A younger player with comparable stats last season.

There are plenty of gems out there, we’ve just got to unearth them.

mmttww

That's the concern
He's under contract. He'll be playing for us this season unless something happens. His contract doesn't have to be extended until Dec to avoid a Bosman abroad. Here and now, there literally is nothing to be concerned about. Unless you want something to be concerned about.

slowpoke

Keep Hamer at all costs and cash in another time, with a decent part of the Gyo. money Robins can create a team more than capable of putting serious promotion challenge in and we should also have good back up from the bench.
Sell Hamer yes we have more loot to play with but Gus works and that’s hard to replace.

Gint11

If he doesn’t sign then we have to sell don’t we. The alternative is to keep him and run his contract down and go on a free.

I don’t want him to go yet but if he doesn’t sign, that’s the indication.

Users who are viewing this thread