Hamer (4 Viewers)

fatso

Have you not listened to some of his interviews?
Yes, I don't think I've missed any.

He's a guy who is now in charge of a multi million pound failing business, and as such he's entitled to make whatever changes he likes to improve things, if some pussies get offended then maybe those pussies need offending.

mmttww

This is why we shouldn’t have started singing about Doug king so early! He’s clearly very arrogant.
Why are people fixated on songs being accurate in this one situation?

PUSB - we actually lose quite often, we don't tend to actually 'fight' all that much, and don't play those teams.
IOCH - do people actually want a cathedral that don't have one? is our accent actually that unusual?
Fadz - not sure his head's that big for his size, and we don't know his drinking habits as far as I can tell!
Sheaf - he's not actually everywhere, unless we're implying he's a deity of some sort, which would be a stretch.
Kelly - he does, sometimes, actually give the ball away. I've seen it happen. He even did it at Wembley.

It's a song. It generates some noise and atmosphere. Fun Police, bore off!

Saddlebrains

PUSB - we actually lose quite often, we don't tend to actually 'fight' all that much, and don't play those teams.
IOCH - do people actually want a cathedral that don't have one? is our accent actually that unusual?
Fadz - not sure his head's that big for his size, and we don't know his drinking habits as far as I can tell!
Sheaf - he's not actually everywhere, unless we're implying he's a deity of some sort, which would be a stretch.
Kelly - he does, sometimes, actually give the ball away. I've seen it happen. He even did it at Wembley.

Mark do you have to live so relentlessly in the real world?

richnrg

I'm glad that you said that, as I was getting a bit worried that I didn't have Doug King on my mind when I woke up this morning (feeling fine, btw).

San Francisco

Next you'll be telling us Ben Wilson isn't a wizard!

fatso

Jamie Allen is certainly short, but referring to him as "baby" is just completely inaccurate.

djr8369

my feeling is there are one or two with corporate links and/or links to staff who are a bit miffed and stirring the pot.

Some of the anti DK stuff has been silly.

Some of the nonsense on here yesterday was I think delivered with some malicious intent. Impressions have been given Hamer wants to stay and King is the problem. There is zero evidence and you wonder what is the motivation

There is one very pro Sisu poster on here as well who will meddle when the time suits and stir anti King sentiment.

fernandopartridge

Should think Leicester's turnover next season will be not far off £100m, it's actually ideal for them in many respects that a lot of players are out of contract as it makes shredding the wage bill happen automatically. They've got some massive saleable assets. Sadly, they'll go up next season at a canter imo.

ajsccfc

Winks for up to £10m would be Leicester getting a player too good for the division at a price too low for his talents. Hell of a bargain

Alkhen

I genuinely have no idea and I do not understand his purchase motivation.

However, you have to give him a chance to work at it. Its all very well saying people like Boddy, Scope and Hornby have football experience but the experience was working to a system of off field chaos. None of them have any experience at revenue generating at this level and what is required to build a championship brand. Boddy I am sure was bought in for non football "expertise" anyway.

Ironically the most experienced operator off field with football knowledge was without question Tim Fisher. Should we have kept him?

Some of the nonsense on here yesterday was I think delivered with some malicious intent. Impressions have been given Hamer wants to stay and King is the problem. There is zero evidence and you wonder what is the motivation

There is one very pro Sisu poster on here as well who will meddle when the time suits and stir anti King sentiment.

The pricing policy across everything is poor and just makes no sense

He has to balance things and learn from errors he will make but he has to be given the opportunity. There is also zero point in referencing the prior regime - they were broke and had no funding left. They could not compete as this level partly due to the people they were employing to make decisions regarding revenue generation.

Yep that is the impression I got. A person with some skin in the game rarely gives a balanced view.

ccfctommy

I remember Barnet away, the very start of that song. Michael Doyle got the ball and promptly put it into the stand.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Ben Wilson is a wizard
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Flying Fokker

Just getting bit nervous now with our lack of movement and losing vik and Gus

I want it to be played out soon as well. The Big thing for me is that City has to come up with a good product in a tough league.

I get why we may finish in the bottom 6. One player leaving may hurt, but I’m trusting Robins to recruit well.

slowpoke

Winks went to Sampdoria on a loan with a view to permanent not taken up by the Italians. But he’s certainly no slouch good luck to him.

Matt smith

I want it to be played out soon as well. The Big thing for me is that City has to come up with a good product in a tough league.

I get why we may finish in the bottom 6. One player leaving may hurt, but I’m trusting Robins to recruit well.
Yeah I trust him too, he can’t be let down

if we recruit well we’ll be fine

oldfiver

We have pushed on a level since those deals were signed. If the contracs have lapsed and double is the going rate then they should be paying it.
Only if its the going rate - but there is no actual rate Only what people are prepared to pay for what they get in return

Alkhen

Only if its the going rate - but there is no actual rate Only what people are prepared to pay for what they get in return
There is a going rate though, there will be an average for the league then you look at where you are in the range. The deals with XL Motors and Boylesport are coming to an end, it would be madness to re-up on the same terms seeing as last season saw us in the play-offs and our stature raise accordingly.

AFCCOVENTRY

exactly this. currently we have no sponsor for the shirt. It’s July this Saturday so must be a concern

This is a shocker really, as he came in Jan, knew Boyle deal was ending at the end of the season. So either he hasn’t realised and started the process or more like the commercial team probably did but with low rates.

GIMOC

This is a shocker really, as he came in Jan, knew Boyle deal was ending at the end of the season. So either he hasn’t realised and started the process or more like the commercial team probably did but with low rates.

I genuinely believe he had planned for the prem especially with the increases wanted for sponsorship. probably reevaluated it slightly but pricing himself out of business.

Users who are viewing this thread