Hamer (8 Viewers)

clint van damme

but i thought king was a great businessman? The lack of sponsors coming forward along with low uptake of corporate sales is one of the same problem.

Why did you think king was a great businessman?!
I've certainly never thought that, nor that he was poor, jury's out for me.

And how do we know there's lack of sponsors?

Balli001

lol - of course we will get a sponsor. I haven’t said we wouldn’t. just haven’t got one yet. Wonder how many other teams are in the same position? As for corporate. Your living in cloud cuckoo land if you think that will sell out.
Oh that old you know so it must be right. As we established you selectively read, i said IF it sells out not that i expect it to.

GIMOC

Why did you think king was a great businessman?!
I've certainly never thought that, nor that he was poor, jury's out for me.

And how do we know there's lack of sponsors?
I personally don’t. However many on here believe he is. I beg to differ, it’s all about opinions on that matter.

Re: sponsors. King priced out any perspective sponsors and there isn’t a queue of potential sponsors as of Monday

clint van damme

I personally don’t. However many on here believe he is. I beg to differ, it’s all about opinions on that matter.

Re: sponsors. King priced out any perspective sponsors and there isn’t a queue of potential sponsors as of Monday

If that's the case he'll have to eat humble pie and lower his prices.
I'm far less concerned about that than the fiasco at the start of last season that one of the people being touted on here as someone he should listen to was at the centre of.

GIMOC

If that's the case he'll have to eat humble pie and lower his prices.
I'm far less concerned about that than the fiasco at the start of last season that one of the people being touted on here as someone he should listen to was at the centre of.
And if he does it doesn’t bode well for future negotiations. In the business world people see that as a weaknesses

Alkhen

lol - doom n gloom? What for stating facts? if you don’t like the truth then ignore it. Not hard now is it?
People can only go on the crumbs you have given and off the fact some of your latest player deal 'info' led people on a bit. I dunno just seems from your recent posts that you have some vested interest. The constant negativity seems a bit grudge like.

Makes you wonder if perhaps something has personally annoyed you in the club or you know someone that is being affected by the internal changes. Sorry if that is the case but the new owner is fully in their right to run things as they deem fit.

Judging the results this early is mental, the guy has been a success in his other businesses so I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.

You do seem to have shifted your tone to be fully negative. I guess time will tell if you are right.

clint van damme

And if he does it doesn’t bode well for future negotiations. In the business world people see that as a weaknesses

Well that his issue to navigate.
But the notion he should be listening to some of the deadwood hanging around the club is ridiculous.
They've been front and centre of much of the nonsense that's gone on in the last few years.

The sooner he has a clear out the better.

mr_monkey

He even throws the sam ehissy fits Dawkins does when people question is ITKness on twitter

But he is obviously in the know as he said O'Hare was definitely going to Burnley and wasps were definitely staying 😂

You make friends with a couple of players in league 2 and suddenly you know all the inner workings of the club

GIMOC

People can only go on the crumbs you have given and off the fact some of your latest player deal 'info' led people on a bit. I dunno just seems from your recent posts that you have some vested interest. The constant negativity seems a bit grudge like.

Makes you wonder if perhaps something has personally annoyed you in the club or you know someone that is being affected by the internal changes. Sorry if that is the case but the new owner is fully in their right to run things as they deem fit.

Judging the results this early is mental, the guy has been a success in his other businesses so I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.

You do seem to have shifted your tone to be fully negative. I guess time will tell if you are right.

my tone is based on what I hear. as I’ve said, my opinion is my opinion. I’ll be wrong at times and other times I’ll be right. my issue at the minute is we had a great season. King came in at the perfect time. He hasn’t been dealt with a bad hand yet. no pressure is coming onto him, cracks are showing behind the scenes. If the same issues were occurring under a sisu regime there would be uproar. that’s my thoughts. others will disagree. That’s what forums like this are all about after all?

no_loyalty

It’s likely due to the play-off final just over a month ago and not knowing what division we’d be in.
Surely you would plan for either scenario, and have sponsors lined up?

theferret

I have heard he is a complete control freak and micro manages everything. He has already made enemies across the club and has pissed off some key corporate partners who have walked away.

That's what I've been told. I have no agenda against DK tbh and think he has taken some positive steps so I'll reserve judgement.

That said, I'm guessing no shirt sales before the season starts (I've no idea on the lead time once a deal has been agreed so just speculating), which is not a good look for a club making a big deal about maximising revenues

GIMOC

I hope GIMOC isnt Dawkins. I was beginning to quite like him. Dawkins is a self righteous knob on twitter.

I’ve been in Dawkins company a few times. I wouldn’t judge him based on Twitter. regardless what people think of him.
Every club will have people who get snippets of info. city being no exception. Nowadays with WhatsApp groups, news soon spreads. Talk of city is widely discussed in groups.

Grendel

Waiting for the death card to be drawn

Coming Soon Death GIF by Arrow Video

Ccfcisparks

I’ve been in Dawkins company a few times. I wouldn’t judge him based on Twitter. regardless what people think of him.
Every club will have people who get snippets of info. city being no exception. Nowadays with WhatsApp groups, news soon spreads. Talk of city is widely discussed in groups.
Even if he is a nice guy in real life, the way he portrays himself is terrible and comes across completely arrogant.

CCFCSteve

To be fair sponsors might well be holding off to see what happens with player comings and goings before committing to the higher price King appears to want.

He can’t really win in some respects, if he rushes and takes first offer for Vik, he’s shit, yet if he doesn’t take the first offer for sponsorship, hes also shit

We can only really judge once any deals are done

Ps bold and principled move to not go with a gambling sponsor as they will probably pay the most.

Sky Blue Pete

To be fair sponsors might well be holding off to see what happens with player comings and goings before committing to the higher price King appears to want.

He can’t really win in some respects, if he rushes and takes first offer for Vik, he’s shit, yet if he doesn’t take the first offer for sponsorship, hes also shit

We can only really judge once any deals are done

Ps bold and principled move to not go with a gambling sponsor as they will probably pay the most.
I agree I loved his statement of not having a sponsor rather than using gambling companies

David O'Day

But he is obviously in the know as he said O'Hare was definitely going to Burnley and wasps were definitely staying 😂

You make friends with a couple of players in league 2 and suddenly you know all the inner workings of the club
Also said it looked like we'd be homeless when the stadium went into admin

clint van damme

I have heard he is a complete control freak and micro manages everything. He has already made enemies across the club and has pissed off some key corporate partners who have walked away.

That's what I've been told. I have no agenda against DK tbh and think he has taken some positive steps so I'll reserve judgement.

That said, I'm guessing no shirt sales before the season starts (I've no idea on the lead time once a deal has been agreed so just speculating), which is not a good look for a club making a big deal about maximising revenues

But could he be micromanaging because he has no faith in the people around him?

And if that is the case, it's OK saying get rid of them but we all know these things take time.

That may not be the case, he might just be a control freak, but I'm not sure anyone knows for sure as the rumours about him doing the rounds are definitely emanating from disgruntled employees.

Users who are viewing this thread